Wdl-ol

Official support for: olilarkin.co.uk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hibrasil wrote:yes best to contact me by email about it. Please let me know which audio interface and which version of windows is crashing.

oli
Thank you Oli for your support. I'll contact you in a few hours at you email address with all the details.
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

Hi Oli
I want to know in wdl-on, if there is a possibility to use a (for example) 64 framed knob for a (for example) 6 step position knob?

In summary I want to use a one multi frame knob image for different step position knobs

Tuğrul
Thanks in advance.

Hello Oli,

I wish to find you fine :)

I wish also to find you in this forum to ask two simple questions about the past and future of WDL-OL.

1-
In the PREVIOUS version of WDL-OL IPlug :
Is there a way to dynamically change the size of an ITextControl object ?
For example we have IControl_text->SetTextFromPlug("new text") to change the text content.
Is there an equivalent to reset the text size dimensions ? IControl_text->SetSize() ?
Or maybe it is something to be changed in the IText element (where the text size is originally declared) .... IText(24,...,...,..)

2-
In the FUTURE version of WDL-OL IPlug2 (1000s thank you for your work) :
In Iplug2 - as you mentioned - you will give us the ability to resize the plugin GUI. Currently (wdl-ol version 2015) I use only standard IControls for my GUI. Importing old IPlug projects in Iplug2, it will be possible to automatically scale all the IControls (maybe adding just 1 line of code)? Or it will require all the GUI Controls to be rewritten ?

Thank you in advance for any help Oli, I wish you have a great Summer ! :)

Regarding your first question I would make a custom control to draw text at different sizes conditionally. In v2 hi can be resized and rescaled, With some small changes version one plug-ins can be updated

hibrasil wrote:Regarding your first question I would make a custom control to draw text at different sizes conditionally. In v2 hi can be resized and rescaled, With some small changes version one plug-ins can be updated
Thank you Oli for the infos !

Hello Mr. Larkin,
I was wondering since Reaper has gone Linux native and that those versions supports VST3s and iPlug2 can be compiled on other Unix like systems whether there will be a path to build VST3s with WDL in Linux.
Thank you.

hello, yes you can do it with the linux branch of iPlug2, although it is a work in progress, people have published plug-ins with it, e.g. https://github.com/deadlab-plugins/bluelab-plugins

Return to “Oli Larkin Plugins”