Divide And Conquer (ElectroProg - Seismic Hammer)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Originally recorded over 11 hours in March 2010, The February 2012 remix took 14 hours, and was beset by technical problems. I think this has quite a dark, heavy vibe.

edit: mp3 download link removed

http://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/divide-and-conquer

Recorded in EnergyXT2.5.2/Remixed in EnergyXT2.6/EnergyXT2.7beta
Motion 2.8
CM SR-202
EnergyXT Drum Sampler
Synth1
Vivaldi mx
LoungeLizardSession
EnergyXT Reverb
Freeverb3VST
EnergyXT Delay
T-RackS 3 Equalizer

Edit: 20120303 remix: Beefed up kick in "house" section
20120729 remix: re-levelled to increase percussion levels in end build
20130224 remix: split out some percussion to separate tracks, tweaked reverbs, panning, EQ and levelling, added FerricTDS to master bus and mastered using my latest T-Racks 3 chain - took about 5 hours

DR - 12
Last edited by seismic1 on Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Interesting stuff, I like it! Dropped a few comments on the cloud for you too.
By the way; nice choice of synths.

Just had one listen... very dynamic arrangement with all those shifts in mood and tempo. I'll come back to it in the morning but so far it seems like a really interesting cut that demands an active listener.
Image Image

I liked the intro synth sequence alot. The way you brought in the first drums at not quite full bore, and then snapped that beat in full a bit later was nice as well. Was not expecting the 4x4 at all and that took me off guard when it kicked in but realize that the main direction of the song hadn't hit yet. Nice track! :)

Nice job, I like the dynamics and the changes in through out. You should be woking with movies. This is very cool

Terry

maybe in the sections where it's 'just kick and clap in the percussion section', the kick could be phatter/pumpier?

anyway, cool stuff.... just needs a 3-minute noodlefest of some sort, inserted into it. just kidding. grins

...really bang-up sequencing job. the synths sound great.

ntom wrote:Interesting stuff, I like it! Dropped a few comments on the cloud for you too.
By the way; nice choice of synths.
Hey, ntom. Thanks for listening and commenting. Glad you liked it. I might take a look at that arp volume in a few days. I'm still getting used to this remix. I need a couple of days away from it. That remix session was intense. I'm off to work now.

See you later.

Ok, on subsequent listens I feel familiar with the track and anticipate the changes that had my head spinning a bit last night. It actually paints a really beautiful scene this one. Really enjoyed this Tim!
Image Image

Very enjoyable - I like the different styles of percussion, with the ethnic sounds towards the beginning and the more trancey sections later on. And the mysterious feel of the synth sounds at the start is very nice too. Lots to listen to here!

I like how it goes from super calm into "ravey" mode. That bellish percussion sounds very tasty. What are you using for that?
Listen to my music on:
http://soundcloud.com/mischjok

:)

Great track Tim, you manage those shifts in mood/style so seamlessly. Nicely judged sound choices as ever, and it makes I wanna dance...oh dear I may have twisted something--hope it pops back into place... :D :D

PaleBlueDot wrote:I liked the intro synth sequence alot. The way you brought in the first drums at not quite full bore, and then snapped that beat in full a bit later was nice as well. Was not expecting the 4x4 at all and that took me off guard when it kicked in but realize that the main direction of the song hadn't hit yet. Nice track! :)
Thanks for listening and commenting, Steven. Glad you liked it. I love it when those hijack sections come off. No such scenario on the next few tracks. Much more mellow :)

Nice work seismic1. very emotional and tense at the beginning, love the way the track builds and the use of different sounds and instruments work really well.

also followed you on soundcloud. follow me back if you like!

SilverBeat wrote:Nice job, I like the dynamics and the changes in through out. You should be woking with movies. This is very cool

Terry
Thanks for giving this a listen, Terry. Glad you enjoyed it. Maybe I could get a job at Blockbuster :)

mrblitz000 wrote:maybe in the sections where it's 'just kick and clap in the percussion section', the kick could be phatter/pumpier?

anyway, cool stuff.... just needs a 3-minute noodlefest of some sort, inserted into it. just kidding. grins

...really bang-up sequencing job. the synths sound great.
Which kick do you mean here? 1:34-1:56 or 1:56-2:25? I might take a look at this later in the week. I just want to make sure that I understand you.

Thanks for taking a listen and commenting mrblitz000.

Return to “Music Cafe”