Need chorus suggestions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

What's the best chorus you have come across? Is there such thing as organic and rich sounding chorus in vst? It don't matter if it's free or even expensive, and it doesn't have to be dedicated chorus effect. I am not necessarily after a plug-in though, I am after the best sound I can possibly get but without going outboard. So share your thought and tricks, dare I say secrets :) I really have to make an improvement in that department and any input is greatly appreciated.

thanx!

I'm looking too as I LOVE me a great Chorus. I currently use Oligarc (Schwa) but am looking for the ultimate LUSH CHORUS my 25 year old Roland Amp is so good at.
Now the proud owner of an avid 11 Rack, Running Pro Tools 10.3.3 - for me it's heaven!

For "vintage" chorus effects... D16 Syntorus.

For far-out, beyond, freaky-deeky chorus effects... Valhalla Übermod. This is one deep plugin, something to satisfy the experimentalists, but also very usable and great-sounding.

ariston wrote:For "vintage" chorus effects... D16 Syntorus.

For far-out, beyond, freaky-deeky chorus effects... Valhalla Übermod. This is one deep plugin, something to satisfy the experimentalists, but also very usable and great-sounding.
Both/either of these definitely, don't think you could ever need anything else chorus-wise? :)

Bluecat Stereo Chorus. Simple, but quite rich and alive... And free! :P

Here: http://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_Chorus/

For that roland sound check out Dim D by Empty Room Systems
Finally!

cyphersuit wrote:For that roland sound check out Dim D by Empty Room Systems
Co-sign. Spectacular effect. Very warm and versatile in its applications. Not cheap, though (59 Euro, around $80).
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

These are my favourites:
AudioDamage Fluid
Voxengo Vintage Modulator
last but not least this nice old freebie:
ukm Chorus2

Chorus is one of those effects I need to have some to choose from. I use it extensively, especially on partly/fully sequenced mixes (in any case bass and vocals always have some chorus).

This is what I have in my folder:

Audio Damage Fluid and Vapor (Vapor is probably the one I use the most)
Nomad Factory Blue Tubes CH2S-3
ToneBoosters Module
Valhalla Übermod
Uhbik F (Flanger/Chorus)
Nomad Factory LiquidMod (Flanger/Chorus)

Free:
Blue Cat Stereo Chorus
TAL Chorus-60
Kjaerhus Classic Chorus (still love the Kjaerhus Classic, use them bridged)

The D16 and Empty Room Systems are both great, also.

Of course, you can get a great chorus from a Delay or a Reverb... NastyDLA, RP Delay, Valhalla Shimmer, AD Eos, Liquidsonics Reverberate (have a chorus facility included) can all get you there. Schwa's CMX can also be effectively used as a chorus unit.

The 6 voice chorus from Z3ta+effect is nice

Ok guys keep it coming! I will be testing those I can get a hold of in a few hours. Cheers!

So far I've tested Bluecat's Chorus, Vapor, Fluid, Blue Tubes CH2S-3, and Valhalla Übermod. Vapor and Fluid have their sound but I'm after something with a more focused feel to it. I didn't like CH2S-3. I like Valhalla Übermod the best out of those. Looking forward to testing Oligarc and D16 later tonight.

I've got one made using SynthEdit, and yes its NOT a stock Chorus module but some ideas i took from my old EVOL vst plugin.

Try it:

http://www.xsynth.com/stchorus.html

http://www.xsynth.com/demos/ST_Chorus_DEMO3.mp3

/Michael
www.xsynth.com - Sound Synthesis with Vintage flavour

UAD Roland Dimension D for subtle chorus/doubling and UAD Roland CE-1 for thick chorus (eg for bass).

Return to “Effects”