Krishna synth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Krishna Synth

"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Do you want to buy krishna? i could sell you mine if your interested..

Suloo wrote:Do you want to buy krishna? i could sell you mine if your interested..
Not really, it is more of a curiosity :)
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Suloo wrote:Do you want to buy krishna? i could sell you mine if your interested..
How could you sell it if dev is out of business? wasn't it challenge response?

In any case it's a shame no one here has mentioned how sad this is that another dev has completely disappeared off the radar.

Imagine the blood sweat and tears they put into this whether the result was that amazing or not,

we should be caring about the people who did buy this or devine drums and now have no support,

and for the dev for having to close shop.

very sad situation all round!

No you get a file wich registeres the synth..was quite expensive actualy thats the worst thing over it. And that they just disappeared into nowhere, no comment , nothing..its great for loading samples into it and mangle them with the frame osc tho..

Tricky-Loops wrote:I'm a buddhist. I made a Nirvana Synthesizer. But there was only silence... :help:
Around KVR One Hand Clap Only is quite popular.

Krishna owners should all have a keyfile
but i believe devine machine never permitted licence transfers...

many krishna owners did not receive update notifications:
the last update was 1.8 which enabled patch randomising and contained new preset patches
some did not even receive 1.5
or have the opportunity to download and backup resources before the website went down...

one of my movie zip files is corrupt but as i have kept unzipped copies i have managed to maintain all files
from 1.5 up for PC
my original installer was 1.5 so i don't have the earlier installers
i also have 1.8 update files for mac...

i have been thinking that a resource could be set up to support owners
but i am not sure of the legality of doing so
i have tried to contact devine machine people to no avail....

i like krishna and have never regretted buying it
except the support :roll:

dave

As long as we do not publish the key file i think its no problem to make a permanent download source on any ftp server of us or something. I also only have the mac installer and would need pc version from somebody so..i think more like they are breaking the contract with us wich is by not providing a download source. Its more like "f..." you customers we're out and you will never see us again, don't even try to connect us since we shut all down and do not care about whatever issue or enquiery you have. No single word, or warning upfront for people to make backups and stuff..pretty awful.

So i would say "same" to you devine, we users can organise ourself without you..

It's strange that I never purchased anything from Devine Machine since I have a knack for picking plugins where I end up feeling shafted. :hihi:

Of course, being the nature of all things VST/Software, we probably all have our shit lists...oops, I meant short lists.

I believe the option.sys file and/or the gui is watermarked with your name so if Krishna Synth were sold it would still have the original buyers name in the gui.

I consider Devine Machine and any heirs to their product code, quite rude in not even telling us if they exist anymore. Are they going to sue a person for selling one of their products without authorization when the company no longer exits? As opposed to a crack, which is stealing, an unauthorized sale of a product someone legally purchased would appear to be more of a breach of company policy and...Since there is no more company it would seem a person could sell if they wanted.

Maybe Steve Duda could take over some support of Devine Machine products (I think in addition to Lucifer he wrote parts of DevineMachine) if he chose to. Not sure if he is in touch with Nicolas.

Kind of makes me think how some software are like 'antiques' now, you couldn't expect a sewing machine from the 1800's to be un-saleable really, just because you can't get permission for the sale? It seems this is in need of some greater legal remedy.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Suloo wrote:As long as we do not publish the key file i think its no problem to make a permanent download source on any ftp server of us or something.
If someone can show where the EULA allows redistribution, fine. Otherwise, it's illegal. Illegal = problem.

Maybe someone could try contacting him here-
http://www.cycler-looper.com/mainindex.html
cycler@cycler-looper.com

"Who are we?

Nicolas Lacoumette, a musician who designed award-winning audio software like the GURU rhythm system and the Krishna synthesizer, is behind this bold new product, along with a bunch of talented musicians and programmers."
"What embecile composed this list :/"

It's very sad that this synth is no longer supported. I really enjoyed using it and I always thought it sounded fantastic. The way modulation was handled in Krishna was unique and you could route mod sources to external devices via CC. The frame syntesis (like a cross between FFT and granular) approach was very cool and all the operations you could perform on sampled audio resulted in some unique ways to transform sounds.

Unfortunately Krishna is not working in Live 8.3 under OSX 10.6.8, so I can't use it on my primary music computers anymore. :(

re_mute wrote:Maybe someone could try contacting him here-
http://www.cycler-looper.com/mainindex.html
cycler@cycler-looper.com

"Who are we?

Nicolas Lacoumette, a musician who designed award-winning audio software like the GURU rhythm system and the Krishna synthesizer, is behind this bold new product, along with a bunch of talented musicians and programmers."
That's the way to do it.

[/Punch]

Return to “Instruments”