Diva 1.1 Bug Collection

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vinz89 wrote:Hi Everybody,

Just to say that the latest DIVA beta 1.1.1 rev871 does not fix the audiostop bug in ableton.

I'm having the same issues of audio that stops when switching between presets in DIVA, it even happens when switching modules in DIVA...
I get audio playback back again when i switch the cpu button in Live off and on...

Osx 10.7.4, Live 8.3

Cheers
Vinz
Is there a 100% reproducible way to do this?

Does it require Live 8.3?

Hey Urs,

After a bit of testing yesterday evening i came to the conclusion that it was more related to my soundcard than to DIVA...
I use an old presonus firebox that's working fine in general but that still has some buggy behavior with OS 10.7.4...
i found that the audiostop problem happens with ACE and a few other plugins too... but it seems to happen only on certain live sets that i'm working on currently...weird :-(

So forget about my post... i don't think it comes from DIVA finally...

Cheers
Vinz

I think I've found a denormal-type bug in the latest version of DIVA (Rev903) when using 'draft' mode. System specs as follows :
Windows 7 x64, Reaper 4.26 x32, M-Audio Audiophile 2496 at 256 samples.

I downloaded the patches from this thread and unzipped them to DIVA's patch folder. Fired up Reaper and loaded DIVA. Set the 'accuracy' mode to 'draft'. Opened up the patch browser and navigated to the folder for the above reference patches. Select patch UHB - BS Acid Bass. Play some notes. Change to patch UHB - BS Bass of the Time Lords. Play a note, boom, crazy denormal-type activity. CPU shoots through the roof and all I hear is periodic clicking.

The following screenshot and sound clip illustrate this, keep your eye on the CPU meter in the screen shot :

http://www.btinternet.com/~sephid/stuff/DIVA.mp3

As I stated above, this is when using 'draft' mode. If I'm running in 'fast', 'great' or 'divine' the problem does *not* occur. Also worth noting is that I've tested the pervious version of DIVA I had installed on my machine (Rev674) and there is no problem at all, regardless of which accuracy mode I use. So it seems something has happened with 'draft' mode in the latest version.

Would be interested to know if anyone else is having a problem like this.
"Micro Kid speaks digi-talk.."

Happens for me as well (all 64 bit), although it only gets upset for a couple of seconds - maxes out at around 38% CPU (but still sounds awful) and then starts working.

Edit: It also seems to only happen going from 'BS Acid Bass' to 'BS Bass of the Time Lords'. Any other combination to/fro seems fine.

Edit2: Also repeatable in Studio One.

Glad to hear it's not something particular to my machine or Reaper!

The first few times I try to play a note I get the glitching/CPU overload then, as you've said, it plays fine.

Interesting. A denormal problem is entirely possible because we had to switch to better floating point accuracy. Denormals can be beaten easily though, we juts need to determine where this happens (usually a delay/filter based effect... which, uhm, all fx in Diva are)

So, hehe, while I'm sipping my first morning coffee on a lovely Sunday in Australia, does this also happen to these presets when the fx are turned off? :)

Urs wrote:So, hehe, while I'm sipping my first morning coffee on a lovely Sunday in Australia, does this also happen to these presets when the fx are turned off? :)
The presets I've mentioned above already have both effect slots switched off. So it doesn't seem related to the effects.

Hi,

I think I have fixed this particular problem. It was related to the internal value of the modulated frequency - when it got too high while the preset was changed and also increased the frequency, the range of 30.0-150.0 was exceeded.

I'll see if I can release a debug version that fixes this... in the meantime rest assured, that this should only happen on the first few notes after a preset change... :?

Cheers,
- Clemens

Hello,
Pro Tools 9.03, VEPRO v5.1.11548 and Uhe Diva v1.1.1. (rev. 871)

CASE A)

- in Pro Tools, auto read mode enabled, all parameters are ready for automation (checked right-clicking VEPRO RTAS plugin, Automation Dialog) in the instrument track where VEPRO RTAS plugin is.
Of course in Pro Tools automation window the option "PLUG IN" is enlightened in red. I then write some pencil automation on the automation lane in PT9 for "Vienna Ensemble Pro RTAS, Param1".

I have in the VEPRO Automation view, "Parameter 1" associated to any of the possible parameters listed for "Diva 1", for instance "Diva 1 / Output".

Click "Play" in Pro Tools, no movements of the knobs.

CASE B)

- in Pro Tools, auto write mode enabled, same Pro Tools and VEPRO automation settings reported in CASE A)

Click "Play" in Pro Tools to record some automation, and move the knob in Diva...the resultant automation, instead of showing a wave (various knobs positions), shows a square (on/off positions like)
When you switch to auto read mode in PT, and you play this automation, the knob in Diva don't move, as in CASE A).

Tried the same with NI Massive, no issues found, and the automation written in the lane is a normal wave.

Thanks.

hello. just purchased Diva a couple days ago. I'm running it in Ableton 8.3.4. Macbook pro i7. Im having the cpu spike to %200 or so percent randomly. Even only running one instance of Diva. cpu will be at %10-%20 then suddenly for a split second spike up and there will be a clip in the audio. Seems to happen very randomly, but pretty frequent. what should I do about this? Never had this problem with the unregistered version of Diva, and i used that for quite a while before finally deciding to buy it.

What revision number do you see in the bottom right corner?

Return to “u-he”