Two Virus Ti's connected to one Computer (Crashing Problem)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Anyone have two Virus Ti's and is successfully connecting both via USB to their Computer/DAW, and running two instances of VControl VST-Plug-in, one for each Virut Ti ?

I have a Virus Ti (Keyboard), and Virus Ti2 (Desktop), both connected to my PC/Windows 7 Pro, Cubase 6.5, via USB, I can run one instance of the VControl in Cubase 6.5 to control one of the Virus Tis, but if I add a second VC VST the system crashes !

Q. How do you know which VC is associated with a specific Virus Ti ? Could I be using the same VC assigned to one of the Viruses to control the other Virus, hence the crash ? Any feedback on this would be helpful.

I know that it is rare to find two Virus Ti's in studios, but if anyone has this type of setup, I would like to get some feedback on how you are managing to control both Ti's on your DAW, and figure out what I'm doing wrong here, that is causing my system to crash.

* Note: I'm running the latest version of OS.4, Not OS.5 (beta)

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Update :

Both my Virus Ti Keyboard, and Ti2 Desktop are now working great in Cubase 6.5,two instances of VC (VST) plug-in, one instance per Ti.

I must have done something wrong when the system was crashing.

Hope this is helpful, and encouraging info. for other Virus Ti users, who are considering adding a second Ti. for providing more polyphony, layering capabilities, ability to work with more parts, and access to more sounds, use more parts, ..etc.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

I'm surprised it works, but that's great indeed. So now you get 6 sample-accurate USB stereo audio channels from your Viruses (Viri?) in your DAW?

If that's the case, for someone who doesn't use the analog outs and doesn't mind programming from the VST interface, it seems two Virus TI Snow's might be a good alternative to running a single TI Desktop (6 simultaneous parts over USB instead of just 3)
Hardware: Akai MPK61, MFB-Synth II, Roland JX-8P, Virus TI Snow, KORG MS2000R, Roland SH-01
Favorite software: Sylenth1, Synth1, Messiah, ME80, OPX-Pro II, Zebra 2, Diva, Reason, Studio One V2 Pro

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”