VOS Density MkIII ... WOW!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Every time I go on bootsie's site I feel like it should be an Internet UNESCO Heritage site. Every single time I think "Oh my god, I should download all these plug-ins and save them in a lot of places just in case the site one day goes away and we losr these treasures".

I have every single one of these plug-ins in my main DAW and in my secondary one and I feel like i can't get enough of them. :lol: TBH I don't use all of them (Tesla and Baxter perplex me with their descriptions) but Density, Ferric, BootsieEQ and epicVerb are on almost all of my tracks. :)

bootsie wrote:
@midnight wrote:
In addition to being a talented plugin designer Bootsie is also quite the marketing expert. He writes about his plugins in ways that get you interested.
may I quote that?

:oops:
Really nice input, thanks. Now THAT answered all my questions!

:shock:

Okay, stick the Density MkIII on your buss, choose non-lin amp preset, whack up the (tiny) "color" knob just by the GR meters. Instant everything, 3D, HD, Imax whatever you want to call it. It's that dense larger than life sound you are used to hearing on Rock records. Man I love this thing, and it's free. Crazy, it's saved me hundreds of $$$
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:Man I love this thing, and it's free. Crazy, it's saved me hundreds of $$$
Yes, it's great, I've been listening through it for the past few days and I'm stunned. Seems I'll have to read those nerdy articles on bootsie's site, as he wouldn't give us anything simpler or more meaningful. Oh well...

Regarding the $$$ thing. What commercial compressors (or other processors, for that matter) would you compare it to?

Some of you find the descriptions not clear ?
Frankly...if you can't understand, you don't need them :D

If you go on Waves website and read descriptions you will get :

"The very first plugin of its kind, MaxxVolume performs all essential dynamics processes in one convenient tool. Combining technologies from Waves' acclaimed L2 Ultramaximizer™, C1 Parametric Compander, Renaissance Vox, and Renaissance Compressor, MaxxVolume is ideal for mixing and mastering as well as broadcast and post-production, perfect for voiceovers, vocals, and instrumental tracks.
"
You find this s**t clearer ? This tool is amazing ! Put it on every track and you will win big money !

Thanks Bootsie !

And keep on making plugins for ppl who know what is a mastering EQ or bus compressor :wink:
And appreciate the SOUND.

sheikh al Dudeilan wrote:
Aiynzahev wrote:Man I love this thing, and it's free. Crazy, it's saved me hundreds of $$$
Yes, it's great, I've been listening through it for the past few days and I'm stunned. Seems I'll have to read those nerdy articles on bootsie's site, as he wouldn't give us anything simpler or more meaningful. Oh well...

Regarding the $$$ thing. What commercial compressors (or other processors, for that matter) would you compare it to?
Well there is nothing I've used that I could compare it to. It's potentially saved me $$$. Basically I've demoed a lot of compressors and I am usually not impressed enough to buy them, but if they have a certain colour I might buy them. Density gives me a colour without having to spend $$$. In other words, something comes out, I demo it, and now I've got Density to compare it to, if it doesn't wow me I think I can just stick with density.

Make sense? I was just so impressed by what it did simply being on the bus. However it doesn't mean I won't buy any other compressors, infact I've recently been demoing some plug-ins that have impressed me a lot, and they are quite expensive but I've not heard anything do what they do. They really sound analog.

http://www.elysia.com/software/alpha-co ... roduction/

Basically I've been searching for the right tools for a long time but I always considered plug-in alliance too expensive. After demoing though I realise how easy it is to make amazing mixes if you just have the right tools.

So at the time I was in buy-no-plugin mode, but now I simply cannot keep mixing with the tools I have when I know the results waiting around the corner with some more high end stuff.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

I keep hoping Bootsie will go native and support x64 VST. Would gladly pay for that. If I were a native developer looking to get into the plugin game, I would certainly try to partner with Bootsie for the dsp development.

DELETED

Aiynzahev wrote:Okay, stick the Density MkIII on your buss, choose non-lin amp preset, whack up the (tiny) "color" knob just by the GR meters. Instant everything, 3D, HD, Imax whatever you want to call it. It's that dense larger than life sound you are used to hearing on Rock records. Man I love this thing, and it's free. Crazy, it's saved me hundreds of $$$
I tried this little experiment last night. My reaction: :shock:

Talk about instant analog wonderland!

Thanks Bootsie!

This beast can do some great things on master bus...Love VOS plug-ins to death!
Thank you so much Boostie !

Aiynzahev wrote:and now I've got Density to compare it to, if it doesn't wow me I think I can just stick with density.

Make sense? I was just so impressed by what it did simply being on the bus. However it doesn't mean I won't buy any other compressors, infact I've recently been demoing some plug-ins that have impressed me a lot, and they are quite expensive but I've not heard anything do what they do. They really sound analog.

Basically I've been searching for the right tools for a long time but I always considered plug-in alliance too expensive. After demoing though I realise how easy it is to make amazing mixes if you just have the right tools.

So at the time I was in buy-no-plugin mode, but now I simply cannot keep mixing with the tools I have when I know the results waiting around the corner with some more high end stuff.
Well, yes, that's more or less what I was thinking, too. Alpha Compressor. But now that we have Density MK III... how are these two comparable? God knows, and with these 'descriptions' I guess anyone's guess is as good as mine...

'Use your ears' it will be then, all along. Quit rationalizing and just work with what I think is 'best'.

But still, it's a trade-off.

sheikh al Dudeilan wrote:
Aiynzahev wrote:and now I've got Density to compare it to, if it doesn't wow me I think I can just stick with density.

Well, yes, that's more or less what I was thinking, too. Alpha Compressor. But now that we have Density MK III... how are these two comparable? God knows, and with these 'descriptions' I guess anyone's guess is as good as mine...

'Use your ears' it will be then, all along. Quit rationalizing and just work with what I think is 'best'.

But still, it's a trade-off.
IMO these two are not at all comparable. The Alphacomp is something that is really worth the money as nothing else I've tried does what it does.
Aiynzahev-sounds

lightsfadelow wrote:I keep hoping Bootsie will go native and support x64 VST. Would gladly pay for that. If I were a native developer looking to get into the plugin game, I would certainly try to partner with Bootsie for the dsp development.
I think most important is the sound. Independent from the format x32 or x64.

And I think it is very generous to play on the fee field of plugin-development. It is the spirit of a free software world for everybody - just like LINUX, GIMP, Firefox etc. :D
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Aiynzahev wrote:IMO these two are not at all comparable. The Alphacomp is something that is really worth the money as nothing else I've tried does what it does.
Well, at least in theory, these are both supposed to be 'mastering' compressors. So they should be comparable. Not in terms of functions but in terms of overall effect and end result. I was already comparing them, although obviously, there's no 100% overlap.

To clarify the above, it's about what other 'bus' compressors is Density MK III comparable to.

Return to “Effects”