Dark Zebra - Amazona says Best Buy!

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
KVRian
909 posts since 26 Nov, 2005

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:40 pm

I had some ideas back when I started reading this thread, but subsequent posts made all my guesses moot. What I have heard all sounds very cool. I look forward to seeing the results rolled out on the 20th.
This space has been unintentionally left blank.

User avatar
ATS
KVRAF
7026 posts since 21 Dec, 2002 from MD USA

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:46 pm

a new filter?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Banned
22470 posts since 5 Sep, 2001

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:57 pm

i still not sure what it is but i like winning as i only ever won something once before, so i'll take it :hyper:

hmmmm.... now varieverb will NEVER get updated!

(dig at Sascha)

:hihi:

Banned
22470 posts since 5 Sep, 2001

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:58 pm

rj0 wrote:
HcDoom wrote:Is this some kind of joke or Zebra 3 really comes? :)
Somehow I am still expecting Debra. :hihi:
i have zero idea why but i have laughed my ass off every single time i saw the word debra in this thread

User avatar
KVRist
374 posts since 16 Sep, 2005

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:09 pm


User avatar
KVRian
1309 posts since 6 Mar, 2001 from London, UK

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:09 pm

ttoz wrote: i have zero idea why but i have laughed my ass off every single time i saw the word debra in this thread
http://www.youtube.com/embed/Qhcw-ObPi98

KVRer
11 posts since 27 Aug, 2010

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:32 pm

Urs wrote:...
Otoh, yes, it's definately related to a movie trilogy by Chris Nolan, ...
My bet's on a changed demo mode that randomly displays the classic ZAK, POW, etc on screen and inserts short synth brass blasts accordingly in the output. :P

KVRer
6 posts since 21 Jul, 2003

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:37 pm

I go for a Zebra "special" HZ (Hans Zimmer) version, which contains Diva LPF and HPF!???
plenz

KVRian
756 posts since 9 Jan, 2012

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:37 pm

whatever it is, it will;;

[a] sound great
cost some cpu

bring it on :)

KVRist
172 posts since 25 Mar, 2004 from Strasbourg, Saskatchewan, Canada

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:50 pm

who cares?

it's from Urs and U-he, so it will totally awesome... honestly, he could tell me it's a software emulation of poop on a stick and I'm absolutely sure it would still be really cool...

Filterscape is great. Zebra is amazing. ACE is cool. Uhbik is awesome. MFM is crazy neat. And Diva blows me away.

So honestly, who cares what it is?

IT WILL BE GREAT.

User avatar
addled muppet weed
86349 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:07 am

baaaaaaaane!

User avatar
KVRAF
9046 posts since 28 May, 2005 from Netherneverlands

Post Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:16 am

ballin' 8)
If you can't beat it, sample it.

User avatar
Urs
u-he

Topic Starter

26020 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Post Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:16 am

plenz wrote:I go for a Zebra "special" HZ (Hans Zimmer) version, which contains Diva LPF and HPF!???
This one is a side effect.

As you know, next week premieres the final part of The Dark Knight trilogy. For the soundtrack HZ used a custom built Zebra with Diva filters and some prototype features originally planned for Zebra3. He got us to do this in return for some rights. Now the gist is, part of what we're releasing requires that pimped version of Zebra, hence it will be bundled. It isn't perfect, e.g. the "Diva" filters are mono, there's no multicore support, significant CPU drain if the extras are used. We call it ZebraHZ, and it will run nicely as a *separate* plugin!

So, hehe, I can't hold back anymore, and it has been guessed rightly a few times - all Zebra patches by HZ/HS designed for Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises, accompanied by ZebraHZ. Sells for 99$, requires an existing Zebra license.

This I think is the best way to celebrate 11 (i.e. one more!) years of u-he, and a great way to bridge the gap until we release Zebra3. I'm also very happy that we can finally and officially make these sounds heard :)

User avatar
KVRAF
6049 posts since 9 Oct, 2007 from an inharmonious society

Post Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:21 am

Urs wrote:
So, hehe, I can't hold back anymore, and it has been guessed rightly a few times - all Zebra patches by HZ/HS designed for Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises, accompanied by ZebraHZ. Sells for 99$, requires an existing Zebra license.

This I think is the best way to celebrate 11 (i.e. one more!) years of u-he, and a great way to bridge the gap until we release Zebra3. I'm also very happy that we can finally and officially make these sounds heard :)
:clap:
I'm in line!
Thanks.

KVRian
995 posts since 25 Apr, 2005

Post Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:22 am

Urs wrote:
plenz wrote:I go for a Zebra "special" HZ (Hans Zimmer) version, which contains Diva LPF and HPF!???
This one is a side effect.

As you know, next week premieres the final part of The Dark Knight trilogy. For the soundtrack HZ used a custom built Zebra with Diva filters and some prototype features originally planned for Zebra3. He got us to do this in return for some rights. Now the gist is, part of what we're releasing requires that pimped version of Zebra, hence it will be bundled. It isn't perfect, e.g. the "Diva" filters are mono, there's no multicore support, significant CPU drain if the extras are used. We call it ZebraHZ, and it will run nicely as a *separate* plugin!

So, hehe, I can't hold back anymore, and it has been guessed rightly a few times - all Zebra patches by HZ/HS designed for Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises, accompanied by ZebraHZ. Sells for 99$, requires an existing Zebra license.

This I think is the best way to celebrate 11 (i.e. one more!) years of u-he, and a great way to bridge the gap until we release Zebra3. I'm also very happy that we can finally and officially make these sounds heard :)
Wow, exciting stuff Urs!!

Return to “Instruments”