what has made you happy today?

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->
toonertik
KVRian
1025 posts since 15 Feb, 2017 from a worn out vinyl groove

Post Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:02 pm

OOOOMMMMMM
OOOOMMMMMM
OOMMMMMMMMMMM
OMMMMMMMMMMMMM
OMMMMMM GGGGGGG
knock knock, as the child enters the bedroom O :oops:
DDDDDDDD
:clap:

Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
11034 posts since 7 Sep, 2008

Re: what has made you happy today?

Post Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:12 am

Watching open minded hip hop heads listen to classic metal for the first time and question their choices in music as youths.

It makes me wonder if people who like other music genres get the same tingly sensation. I only ever listen to psytrance and metal but metal gets right under my skin and sends me f**king insane (in a good way). I'm now into my 40s and even still when going to concerts I can't help but completely lose my shit. Do people feel this way with R&B for example? I know I don't with my other true love that is psytrance.
Last edited by Mushy Mushy on Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

vurt
addled muppet weed
42966 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:15 am

Mushy Mushy wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:12 am
Watching open minded hip hop heads listen to classic metal for the first time and question their choices in music as youths.
as a metalhead in my youth, we embraced hip hop :band:
slayer tshirts nwa hat! mix it up boyeeee

the fact they where on def jam helped i guess, then the aerosmith/run dmc and anthrax/pe made it cool to like both :D

Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
11034 posts since 7 Sep, 2008

Post Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:38 am

vurt wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:15 am
Mushy Mushy wrote:
as a metalhead in my youth, we embraced hip hop :band:
slayer tshirts nwa hat! mix it up boyeeee

the fact they where on def jam helped i guess, then the aerosmith/run dmc and anthrax/pe made it cool to like both :D
I also think the charts were a lot more diverse back then as well. Now I know the kids are on my lawn but the top 40 now is all the same generic sound.

On an unrelated note gotta dig out some Smashing Pumpkins.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

vurt
addled muppet weed

Post Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:53 am

darcy :love:

justin3am
KVRAF
10677 posts since 7 May, 2006 from Southern California

Post Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:03 am

Mushy Mushy wrote:
It makes me wonder if people who like other music genres get the same tingly sensation.
I love that feeling... I get goosebumps from a lot of different types of music (hip-hop, jazz, metal, classical, electronic, nature). I remember feeling that way for the first time, as a kid in church, hearing a trumpet solo. The sound was so rich and emotive, I can almost feel it to this day. That was really the beginning of my interest in sound and music.

Hink
Rad Grandad
28301 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Post Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:01 pm

this has me beyond happy so some will see this on fb too, earlier I was standing at my picture window in my living room when this falcon flew in and landed in a tree about 12' away from me. I have never been that close to a falcon except in a zoo in my life, my camera was on my couch so I very slowly stepped back and grabbed it, got five pics but none of it flying unfortunately. It was magnificent when it flew in with it's wings spread...I feel blessed. Growing up with our camp my parents taught me to love wildlife and I do get very excited about seeing wildlife, having it right in my yard is such a great feeling :D

Albert Einstein may have been a genius but his brother Frank was a monster

Hink
Rad Grandad

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:50 am

ok for the record I was raised to get excited about wildlife and I feel so honored that these wonderful animals share their world with me and to be honest this is a big part of why I love Maine. I took this pic this morning with my phone just to show how close that tree is to the house (that's a 4' ladder) On the left of the tree is a branch about the height of my seed bird feeder, that's the branch the falcon was on.

Meanwhile last night I got these pics, just two days ago I changed the batteries in my game cam and put it out for the first time in a while. I didn't put it out back in the winter (except in my drive for fun) because I can tell what has been there, really there isn't much because there isn't much for them to eat so they dont come around much and it can get hard to check the camera in the snow. First night I just got the skunk, but last night lots of pics of these two deer and a third set of eyes in one pic but not one of these (mama, my friend I call patches I suspect).

I love my little corner of the world, these are my friends and this is how I get through rough times. I am fortunate to be surrounded by such beauty all the time...this will always make me happy and sharing it makes me a little more happy :D

Bombadil
KVRAF
3174 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from Far From the Twisted Reach of Crazy Sorrow

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:24 pm

I was looking to get the sound that Rick Wright starts 'Echoes' with. Piano/Leslie. Not quite there, but I love the sound of a grand piano through a Leslie. :hyper:
“We're an Anarcho-Syndicalist commune”
Dennis

justin3am
KVRAF
10677 posts since 7 May, 2006 from Southern California

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:51 pm

Hink wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:01 pm

That's a great shot Hink. You are lucky to coexist with such diverse wildlife. We get mountain lions and coyotes but they only come down as far as where I live during heavy drought or wildfires. We get some mountain blue birds and red-tailed hawks. Mostly crows and wild parrots. Wild parrots are an invasive species around here and they are annoying as f**k!
We had an owl in our big pine tree for a few seasons but I haven't seen any since.

I understand how you feel about living close to nature. I don't think I will ever stray far from LA but it's nice living right at the edge of the Angeles National Forest. There are lots of hiking trails, near by.

Hink
Rad Grandad

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:23 am

I couldn't stand LA for the same reason I needed out of Mass, traffic and too many people. But tbh the night life, the music and other such stuff would be a fair reason to be there. Like I said I spent so much of my time here growing up and then some and my parents raised us to love nature and it still gets me excited. When I see a pic like the deer sitting down in my yard it makes me think that I am doing something right that they are comfortable with me, same when they see me and stroll into the woods without putting their tail up (which is their sign of danger to other deer). To so many the falcon is just a bird but I was literally standing at the window when it flew in and my jaw hit the floor, I just hope it wasn't looking for my kitties because that's their window most of the time (they love watching my bird feeders). One day I will post a link to an album (once I create it) of all the amazing birds that visit my feeders.

I can understand not wanting to leave the urban areas, the lack of public transportation can be a downer and tbh I really miss delivery. On the other hand I dont miss sirens, loud car stereos, constant traffic (I dont do well in traffic, it makes me almost claustrophobic), invasive cigarette smoke, crowds and high crime. It's a trade off, for instance my town is 56 miles² and it's 3.7 miles to my grocery store (or any store) but on the other hand it takes me less time to get there and I 'm not sitting wasting gas*. Even better still I am not driving through the streets of Lowell (think of the HBO documentary life on crack street because that was where it was filmed) and instead a lovely ride through the country down to the coast of Maine where a civil war fort and an uber modern bridge awaits...at this stage of my life I need this tranquility. I l long for the day a moose wanders into my yard :)

*in Mass Ash worked 3 1/2 miles away and it took me at least an hour round trip, often more to get him and pick him up. My round trip here is 53 miles and an hour and ten minutes, but a beautiful ride.

vurt
addled muppet weed

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:39 am

being happy in ones surroundings is winning at least 80% of the battle.
i can sleep through the other 20% :hihi:

Hink
Rad Grandad

Post Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:14 am

that's the last of the snow in my yard, not sure about my woods though

vurt
addled muppet weed

Post Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:39 am

:(
rip mr frosty the snowman.

Bombadil
KVRAF
3174 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from Far From the Twisted Reach of Crazy Sorrow

Post Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:46 am

Weather that is warm enough to keep the doors open, which is great for the cats, except when we have to close them at night. Then they go up to the closed doors and wait for their personnel to re-open them.

Our lilacs are in bloom, and gentle breezes carry their scent into our flat.

My favourite time of the year!

I love the colour of spring green, when everything seems to go 'sproing!' At the same time.

Got an early birthday present today. A nice Panama hat. Normally, in my world, clothes can't count as 'presents' but the hat makes me look all distinguished-like, with my beard. Not cheap, good 'uns!
Last edited by Bombadil on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
“We're an Anarcho-Syndicalist commune”
Dennis

Return to “Off Topic”