Impaktor - just get it!

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

shanecgriffo wrote: Has anyone else tried any other sorts of Triggering?
You can beat box it somewhat if you think about the 'track' while you beatbox (don't ask me for any examples!)

Where's ModulR? He can beat box with the best - haven't seen him post here in years.

That would be a next level of development for Impaktor, to take the spectral content and trigger different samples/tracks. Right now, it simply uses the spectral information to play out different sounds on the same track/sound.

But since the dev is already sorting that information,(for example, play with the pitched sounds like the hang drum and the metallic drums) it doesn't seem like it would be a stretch to sense spectral content and trigger different sounds with the information.

-Scott

@rockstar_not... I lurk. lol!

I might have to buy this app just to experiment... tho synthesized percussion isn't really my thing. It is synthesized, no? It does remind me of a rack filter I built in tracktion eons ago with a bunch of KT Drum Triggers.. so you could beatbox and it would trigger assigned samples. From the way it sounds, I take it you can't assign different trigger frequencies to particular sounds?
ModuLR / Radio

ModuLR wrote:@rockstar_not... I lurk. lol!

I might have to buy this app just to experiment... tho synthesized percussion isn't really my thing. It is synthesized, no? It does remind me of a rack filter I built in tracktion eons ago with a bunch of KT Drum Triggers.. so you could beatbox and it would trigger assigned samples. From the way it sounds, I take it you can't assign different trigger frequencies to particular sounds?
No, but you can program the different sounds to be very different based on trigger frequencies. I believe the dev has put in a couple different synth engines on board: physical modeling as well as simple FM.

Still can't get a good snare sound - working on it. I wonder if we can share sessions/instruments? Anyone know this? BTW, my user name is the same on the beep street forum.

I really love this app! It's is tons of fun to use! One problem I'm encountering is that the delay is synced to 120 bpm, but once I change the tempo, the delay doesn't snyc to the new tempo. Is anyone else encountering this? I'm using it on an iPad 2.

One other issue - the save to .wav is only 4 bars right now. Audio copy works to copy to Garageband on the iPHone - tried it yesterday.

Control over triggering levels, and able to trigger samples would be cool.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

BMoore wrote:Control over triggering levels, and able to trigger samples would be cool.
There is an input sensitivity on the settings page (the little gear symbol).

As to triggering different samples or samples in general, based on input level, would be cool, but the complexity of pointing to samples and loading samples would likely get pretty big. Right now, from what I can tell everything is synthesized on this app either through physical modeling, VA, or FM synthesis. No samples.

-Scott

ModuLR wrote:@rockstar_not... I lurk. lol!

BTW - if you might recall, I'm the one who inspired you with the rack filter KT drum trigger thing. You could actually beat-box, I couldn't. I remember sort of stealing the idea from lunchmoney.

-Scott

I just picked up Impaktor, and its pretty awesome. I have a Korg Wavedrum, and this is quite similar. The difference is that Impactor actually gives you a decent interface to the synthesis parameters. Like with the Wavedrum, complaining about lack of MIDI is missing the point. This is a physical modeling synth which uses incoming audio as the excitation impulse. The audio you feed it is an essential part of the sound that comes out the other end. MIDI makes no sense in this context. Personally, the way I see using this is with the iPad audio out running straight into my DAW, and not even bothering with the internal loop capabilities. In other words, I'll use it just like my Wavedrum.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Those wavedrums look awesome. I don't have the disposable cash for one right now, but Impaktor has been a ton of fun here, too--and an affordable substitute.

This kind of instrument might really improve our rhythmic sense over time. Just having access to a playable 'drum' thingy in moments where you're waiting on someone or don't have time to really think about bigger projects is great. A little bit of work here, a little bit of work there, and you find yourself with some loops that are really quite cool. :)

heh i can't believe this is from 2012, i googled for cool synths to get for ipad/iphone and found this thread. really nice drum synth. it's too bad the developer does not seem to care about it that much i guess since neither mail or dropbox works for me, and the other options to save your work are not something i want to use.

...are there any similar synths out there but where you can save the actual files?

gonna do a refund which kind of sucks (since i love the sound and how easy it is to use), i just don't have use for a program where i can't save the .wav.

If you have something like audioshare (very useful on ios) then in impaktor, you just select audiocopy and then in audioshare, u paste with the general pasteboard or paste it in another ios audio editor.

I use also Hokusai 2 which is a great audio editor. When you open it, you just make a new project then create a track and select audio paste. Bam, it's there and you can fully edit the wave.

the author is currently working on: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/2586 ... -drambo/p1
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

Ok, thanks :)

Was looking for smth like this for protablility. Thanks for KVR man!:)

Just what I looked for, thank you

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”