Waldorf Largo

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo

chk071 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:05 am Ok. You won't have an issue to run Largo on Windows 11 (I'm using it myself), but you should take a look how the GUI scales on your display. I don't have an issue with it here on my display (24" 1080p monitor).
chk071 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:07 am Oh, regarding the VST3 version: It is VST3.
Okay, sounds good, thanks. Yeah, I am a bit concerned about the GUI part. BTW, the code "JULY4" knocks off $6 more making the price even more tempting at $24. :)
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Do it. No-brainer. :)

Nah, your decision, of course, But, as I mentioned, it's one of the best soft synths in my eyes. It could only be pryed from my dead hands. ;)

Or when Microsoft decides to do an Apple and change the CPU architecture Windows works on. Which won't happen, of course.

Haha, normally I would have grabbed it by now, but have got a better control over GAS these days. :) Since there are few days left for the sale and promo code, I will give the demo a try. :tu:

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:13 am Haha, normally I would have grabbed it by now, but have got a better control over GAS these days. :)
Yeah, I hold off of purchasing some stuff I would have bought some time ago as well, recently. I simply have everything I need, and don't need any more stuff now. :)

chk071 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:10 amOr when Microsoft decides to do an Apple and change the CPU architecture Windows works on. Which won't happen, of course.
Windows already runs on ARM for certain Surface devices. The way it's probably gonna pan out for Windows is that x86 and ARM are simply gonna coexist.

Yeah. And the other big difference is that x86 is emulated on ARM, not vice versa.

Well, thankfully, there isn't a single hardware manufacturer in the Windows world.

menthol wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:30 am I would sure appreciate a definitive take on this, as I am thinking about upgrading from Catalina on my 2020 Intel-based iMac.
No graphics glitches here at least as far as the banks or patches are concerned. One thing I did just notice though. In the little window that shows you your wavetable waveform, the waveform itself seems to fill the whole window now, and goes up onto the actual drop down menu with the wavetable list and the wave position selection. I forgot to take a screenshot before I closed Ableton Live earlier, but it happens on both the AU and the VST3. Just looked at some screenshots online and yep, in those, the waveform picture is staying in its little area below the wavetable menus, but over here it draws up on the menus.

mothra wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:06 am
menthol wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:30 am I would sure appreciate a definitive take on this, as I am thinking about upgrading from Catalina on my 2020 Intel-based iMac.
No graphics glitches here at least as far as the banks or patches are concerned. One thing I did just notice though. In the little window that shows you your wavetable waveform, the waveform itself seems to fill the whole window now, and goes up onto the actual drop down menu with the wavetable list and the wave position selection. I forgot to take a screenshot before I closed Ableton Live earlier, but it happens on both the AU and the VST3. Just looked at some screenshots online and yep, in those, the waveform picture is staying in its little area below the wavetable menus, but over here it draws up on the menus.
i'm not sure, but i think that changed from the original version. there are other screenshots on the website of the v1.5 and later versions which show the waveforms the way you describe. so i think it is by design.

Definitely by design.

Ahh ok cool Im not crazy then. I hardly ever open Largo nowadays so didn't even notice that had become a 'thing'. I try to use my Blofeld every time instead since it makes me feel better I spent the money on it, when I already have a Microwave XT next to it haha.

So Largo is abandoned by Waldorf, with no further support on mac?
What a shame, such a great synth.

cowudders wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:43 pm So Largo is abandoned by Waldorf, with no further support on mac?
Maybe they surprise us, but, at the moment, it looks like it.
cowudders wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:43 pm What a shame, such a great synth.
Yep. :tu:

i complained this week to waldorf about the small GUI in Largo when DPI-enabled, and they responded with this:
we are currently in the process to update all our software plug-ins and modernize them. This also includes to update the GUI and of course to make the GUI responsive to the current resolution. As you can see the Waldorf Edition 2 has already been updated and Largo should also follow very soon
so stay tuned, i guess.

Waha. Thanks for the heads up, those are great news indeed. :)

Seriously, made my evening.

I hope they don’t go to the ugly-ass bland black gui of attack and wave 2.2v. I much preferred the old guis. I also love the silver and red color scheme of largo.

Return to “Instruments”