BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

Using Bitwig on Win11 it seems the VST3 version breaks when loading projects. The VST2 version works fine. Permission issue maybe?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Download the previous version of BlueARP vst3 & try again.

phreaque wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:53 am Download the previous version of BlueARP vst3 & try again.
That worked; thanks :)

Hi,
I setup an arp with 16th notes, starting the host clock first and then the pressing the keys on some point (exactly in off-beat) to start the arp. The arp is set to restart on "1st key".

For some reason the notes of the first 1/16 step (I use chords per step) are not played, only from the second step. Also as the arp keeps looping then everything is fine, only the first step right after I hit the keys is not being played.
I also tried to press the notes a little early than the off-beat but still not working.
Any idea?

Thanks!

Video capture to show more details would be ideal.

phreaque wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:41 am Video capture to show more details would be ideal.
Here it is:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aOCsgd ... sp=sharing

The plugin is hosted in Camelot Pro and there are also other plugins running synchronized together.
Besides the very first beat everything runs and synchronized well.

Probably it is something to do with how MIDI is being handled in Camelot, try testing this scenario using a different host/DAW and try to reach [Audio modeling] out for support..

phreaque wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:40 am Probably it is something to do with how MIDI is being handled in Camelot, try testing this scenario using a different host/DAW and try to reach [Audio modeling] out for support..
From BlueArp point of view, it is receiving the MIDI note-on event correctly and on time, will need to check and monitor what happened to the outputted notes (if any) from BlueArp.

Will also check further as you are suggesting above.
Thank you.

phreaque wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:40 am Probably it is something to do with how MIDI is being handled in Camelot, try testing this scenario using a different host/DAW and try to reach [Audio modeling] out for support..
Hi,
Looks like the issue is within BlueArp, not with the DAW as it is reproducing also with Ableton Live.
Also note that it reproducing only with Restart On '1st key'.

Reproduction steps:
- Setup the standard minimum setup to play the the arp - Ableton Live with default blank session, set one channel with BlueArp routed to a second MIDI channel outputting MIDI to the hardware synth.
- Now when I press a note I can hear the default BlueArp program (with all 16th notes) correctly.
- Set 'Restart On' to: '1st Key'
- Turn on Ableton Live metronome.
- Hit Play in Ableton (now the clock is active and the metronome is heard).
- Hit a note right on an off-beat click sound to start the arp.
- Now the issue is reproduced and the first 1/16th is not played.

I using BlueArp 2.3.8, VST 2.4, Windows OS.

Please let me know if any further information is needed.
Thanks!

hello,

I just tried to install BlueARP for the first time. When I try to start BlueARP_OSX_MFX_v2.3.8 on macOS 12.4 and Logic 10.7.4 I get a dialog box telling me Can't open BlueARP.component because Apple can't check app for malicious software...

I know that from apps and the workaround always was right click - open. But how is it with component plugins. Anybody has a solution?

Try this (change the path to the BlueArp component file):
https://www.osirisguitar.com/how-to-mak ... -catalina/

or this:
https://disable-gatekeeper.github.io

Dadi wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:05 pm
Hi,
Looks like the issue is within BlueArp, not with the DAW as it is reproducing also with Ableton Live.
Also note that it reproducing only with Restart On '1st key'.

Reproduction steps:
- Setup the standard minimum setup to play the the arp - Ableton Live with default blank session, set one channel with BlueArp routed to a second MIDI channel outputting MIDI to the hardware synth.
- Now when I press a note I can hear the default BlueArp program (with all 16th notes) correctly.
- Set 'Restart On' to: '1st Key'
- Turn on Ableton Live metronome.
- Hit Play in Ableton (now the clock is active and the metronome is heard).
- Hit a note right on an off-beat click sound to start the arp.
- Now the issue is reproduced and the first 1/16th is not played.

I using BlueArp 2.3.8, VST 2.4, Windows OS.

Please let me know if any further information is needed.
Thanks!
Hi, did you have a success reproducing this?

Dadi wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:54 pm Hi, did you have a success reproducing this?
Hi,
Yes I checked that, for sure this '1st key' restart mode behaves differently than other modes, and IIRC it was tweaked recently to fit certain patches in Unify (PluginGuru) where it is necessary to get the arp going in sync with rest of BPM-based elements when the app runs in stand-alone mode.

I tried testing earlier version, and 1st Key mode behaves similar to current version of BlueARP.

For me personally I never use this mode, preferably using either restart on Play or Beat0.

phreaque wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:44 am
Dadi wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:54 pm Hi, did you have a success reproducing this?
Hi,
Yes I checked that, for sure this '1st key' restart mode behaves differently than other modes, and IIRC it was tweaked recently to fit certain patches in Unify (PluginGuru) where it is necessary to get the arp going in sync with rest of BPM-based elements when the app runs in stand-alone mode.

I tried testing earlier version, and 1st Key mode behaves similar to current version of BlueARP.

For me personally I never use this mode, preferably using either restart on Play or Beat0.
I play live and when I trigger the arp then the missing notes are noticably heard. I must use 1st-key mode as I need to trigger it on demand along with the other band members (we also run a click track).

Is it possible that this will be fixed? what is needed to be done?
Maybe I can help it some way?

Thank you,
Eldad

Dadi wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:21 pm Is it possible that this will be fixed? what is needed to be done?
Maybe I can help it some way?
For now, we cannot expect anything to be fixed. But it is possible to check BlueARP 2.3.2, you can have it installed parallel to latest version, you can rename the DLL however to let the DAW identify which is which.

Return to “Instruments”