SonicBirth v2 alpha

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

makira wrote:I've been... busy.

New build on sonicbirth.com.

Vincent has been working on the Windows port, but they are issues with the WinVST exporting.
cool! may i help in testing windows versions? is vincent still workin' on it?
happy to see ya again makira!
:party:

Hello everyone,

I wanted to know if I could help in developing sonic birth 2.

I know quite a few things about low-level audio processing and I thought that maybe you could be could looking for such skills on this project.

However I don't know anything about gui programming or plugin compilation, and these actually seem to be the points where most of the focus was put.

Back in 2008 I was a fellow sb user. Actually, now that I think about it, this software could be the reason why I've studied signal processing...
I think sb offers the best compromise between simplicity of use (you don't have to be an audio wizard to make a plugin) and low-level features. I would really like to help maintaining it.

Thanks

Bye

deLaMancha wrote:Hello everyone,

I know quite a few things about low-level audio processing and I thought that maybe you could be could looking for such skills on this project.

However I don't know anything about gui programming or plugin compilation, and these actually seem to be the points where most of the focus was put.

Back in 2008 I was a fellow sb user. Actually, now that I think about it, this software could be the reason why I've studied signal processing...
I think sb offers the best compromise between simplicity of use (you don't have to be an audio wizard to make a plugin) and low-level features. I would really like to help maintaining it.

Thanks

Bye
:love: :tu: :clap: :hail:

Hi Guys,
Just a quickie.
Was using SonicBirth V1.3 and then saw V2 was available.
I've used SonicBirth V2 and it is GREAT !
Been able to create plugins for Logic pro X on Mac OSX 10.10.2.

Was wondering .. can anyone give me help on how to create an automated pan ?
I can create Tremolo, no problem, but .. can't seem to work out using the reduced set
of functions in V2 how to do this.

Any help greatly appreciated

Other than that, keep up the great work.
It's really appreciated. IMO, you are the best plugin development environment now that
Max Msp has wandered off the reservation.

Many thanks

Phil

bluesboyno1 wrote:automated pan ?
What kind of behaviour do want the pan to have?

Slide1.jpg
Hi there,

What I'm trying to do is change the phase of one of the signals that is producing tremolo to produce
stereo effects.
I can't see how to change the phase of the output of the sin wave generator.

Any ideas ?
I've uploaded a picture of a circuit.

Thanks,

Phil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hey mikira,

I found a glitch and a workaround.

If you save a prebuilt circuit with another prebuilt circuit in it, there is a good chance SB2 will crash on launch. I thought about it and realized that it probably hadn't loaded the prebuilt (A) that was in side of the prebuilt (B) before attempting to load the large prebuilt (B). So I changed the file name of the larger prebuilt (B) to "z.sb2c" hoping to force it to load the larger prebuilt (B) last, and SB2 loaded perfectly fine.

You could make it skip things that fail to load at launch, then go back and try them again after everything that worked the first time loads successfully. Just one way of doing it. I'm sure you can get it going well.

No rush. I greatly appreciate what you've already created!

Thanks for your time.

Crashing is the laziest way to spit out an error, it's an assert that fails and I haven't bothered replacing it with a proper error handling & displaying. If you look into the prebuilt circuits included with Sonic Birth, some of them have a prefix of 0_ and some have a prefix 1_, exactly to ensure proper dependencies loading order. All the prebuilts are sorted alphabetically before being loaded, regardless of the folder there're in, so this works fine.

Indeed, doing multiple passes would also work.

bluesboyno1 wrote:
Slide1.jpg
Click on the sine gen, unlock it using the menu item, then modify it to add a second input to it (phase) that will be summed with the 'phase gen' output.

Many of the prebuilt modules can be entered and modified.

deLaMancha wrote:Hello everyone,

Thanks

Bye
Writing prebuilt circuits would be great. Just build reusable circuits, select them, use the 'Save selected circuit...', then send them to me, I'll bundle them with the app. If you know a bit of c++, you can also make modules in code form, though that should be reserved for things that cannot be done using prebuilt circuits.

Requesting a Convolution module.
Just input or link to a PCM file, quick and easy.

No rush! :phones:

Thanks for your time.

Hi all!
Any news on the Windows version?
best!
a.

It's been a long time!
are we about to get an update on Version 2 :hihi: ?

I hope you're doing well Makira.

dtpietrzak wrote:I hope you're doing well Makira.
me too!

Return to “SonicBirth”