lkjb Luftikus release

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lufikus is a hardware-based fixed band EQ with optional boost-only high shelf at 2.5, 5, 10, 20 and 40 kHz.

Luftikus is open source and therefore free. Available as VST for Windows and VST & AU for OS X, 32 and 64 bit.

Details on KVR or google code.

Binary downloads are available here.

Comments and feedback welcome.

Yay thanks

keep em coming
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

NICE!!! :D

Thank you so much for this. I will admit another free EQ didn't set my heart racing but after a little use I think this will be one of my regular channel shapers. Sounds good, low CPU, analog switch so I can pretend I am using expensive high end gear (although it doesn't do much to the sound so I leave it off).

The real winner is the keep gain function. Wind up the gain in the top band, flip between the frequency settings and it is like an audio microscope for your high end. Educational and entertaining. If you are not being awesome at anything else right now that keep gain would be a double winner in a sweepable/surgical EQ. This EQ is awesome nuff though so thanks again.

Very nice EQ, when tried it i wasn't expecting much, maybe it was the gui that tricked my subconscious,or the memory of so many other free plugins forgotten in the remote areas of my hard disk , but i am glad i was wrong. It just seems to me it makes things sound better, thanks for this freebie.

After seeing it at work even the gui seems on spot.

thx! i really like the sound.
(although i didn't liked the gui first. but it's ok now)

I get a validation error when trying to use it with logic pro

validating Audio Unit Luftikus by lkjb:

AU Validation Tool
Version: 1.6.1a1
Copyright 2003-2007, Apple, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Specify -h (-help) for command options

--------------------------------------------------
VALIDATING AUDIO UNIT: 'aufx' - 'lklK' - 'Lkjb'
Manufacturer String: Luftikus
AudioUnit Name: Luftikus
Component Version: 1.0.0 (0x10000)

* * PASS
TESTING OPEN TIMES:
COLD:
FATAL ERROR: OpenAComponent: result: -1,0xFFFFFFFF

validation result: couldn't be opened

Thanks for all your feedback. I know the GUI isn't really eye candy, but a rather functional design. If someone comes up with a GUI design I'd gladly take a look about implementing it. I'm more into dsp than graphics so I didn't put that much focus on it. I do like the cloudy sky like background, though. :)

As for the failing validation, I'm not sure what's happening there. Did you try reinstall (e.g. delete and download again) the plugin? I also tested with auval 1.6.1a1 and it passed on my setup.

I think you can activate plugins in Logic's Audio Unit Manager when they failed the validation but I don't have Logic at hand for a more detailed description.

I tried deleting the file and reinstalling it, Iv also deleted the com.apple.audiounits.cache.

I am currently running logic pro 9.1.7 (32bit, also tesed on 64bit) on a Mac Mini OSX 10.7.5 (Lion)

I can get it to open in logic once it fails the validation via the Audio Unit Manager, but Logic lists it as incompatible.

I have downloaded plugins from KVR before and I have not had this happened with them.

Let me know if I can give you any more info.

This might be related to some AU changes (JUCE forum link). I'm still using Snow Leopard, maybe I don't see it due to this.

Can you try saving the following code as Info.plist and copy it to lkjb_Luftikus.component/Contents (you need to right-click and choose "show bundle contents" or similar to see this folder). Overwrite the existing Info.plist.
I'm not sure this will work but at least I was able to validate with the changed Info.plist. Also this probably isn't the best approach. I'll investigate further.

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>BuildMachineOSBuild</key>
	<string>10K549</string>
	<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
	<string>lkjb_Luftikus</string>
	<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
	<string>com.lkjb.Luftikus</string>
	<key>CFBundleName</key>
	<string>Luftikus</string>
	<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
	<string>TDMw</string>
	<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
	<string>1.0.0</string>
	<key>CFBundleSignature</key>
	<string>PTul</string>
	<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
	<string>1.0.0</string>
	<key>DTCompiler</key>
	<string>com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0</string>
	<key>DTPlatformBuild</key>
	<string>10M2518</string>
	<key>DTPlatformVersion</key>
	<string>PG</string>
	<key>DTSDKBuild</key>
	<string>9L31a</string>
	<key>DTSDKName</key>
	<string>macosx10.5</string>
	<key>DTXcode</key>
	<string>0400</string>
	<key>DTXcodeBuild</key>
	<string>10M2518</string>
	<key>NSHighResolutionCapable</key>
	<true/>
	<key>NSHumanReadableCopyright</key>
	<string>lkjb</string>
</dict>
</plist>

That worked!

I had to re-validate it via the Audio Unit Manager, but now there is no problem.

Love the way this EQ sounds

Thank :)

Great equalizer!

Really like the "keep gain" function which is unique and very helpful.

Must admit, that I would have overlooked it, if it wasn't for the positive comments by some users in this thread. Please try to find somebody for the GUI so that the inner values and the appearance of Lufikus can coexist peacefully.

why were these bands chosen or what is the significance of them? in which scenario would someone want/need to cut/boost at 10hz?
miedex

Have a look at this clip of the maag eq4 which has the same bands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFS1bhaM-SM

I fixed the Info.plist file in the AU download, so it should work now directly when downloaded.
miedex wrote:in which scenario would someone want/need to cut/boost at 10hz?
I think this should rather be regarded as a low shelf than as a bell filter. Compared to a low shelf it has the advantage that very low frequencies (< 2 Hz) won't be boosted.

Return to “Effects”