Delusions

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's called Delusions and as I tend to create tracks in groups, this one sits along side my other recent tracks. I'd say it's a little more rhythmic and melodic than my last one, but it covers similar ambient/atmospheric ground. Feedback appreciated.

http://soundcloud.com/shangsean/delusions

http://k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/rrc3j11jp1/delusions.mp3

I really, really liked this. The melodies are wonderful.

The only feedback I can offer is to set some pre-delay time on the reverb on the opening tuned percussion, as the transients are a bit sharp compared to the rest of the tune, especially in headphones.

Yup, melodies are great ! Nice track :)

I like this a lot, love when the percussion kicks in, it kinda reminded me of the soundtracks to Akira & Ghost in the Shell.

Very good. The background stuff is great, a lot of cool details. I enjoyed this very much. Thanks.
No longer a moderator.

Thanks a lot guys.

I think I saw Akira a long time ago, but I can't remember what the music sounded like. I'll have to check it out.

runagate - I understand what you mean. Believe it or not, I did tame the transients on the tuned percussion, but I wanted to keep a bit of crispness/snappiness. It was initially much sharper. The transients on the tuned percussion are actually the same all the way through the track, but I guess they don't stand out as much because it's mixed with other instruments. Thanks for the constructive feedback, it is something to think about.

Nice! Has a very cinematic feel, and a great deal of emotional range. Love the way the mood shifts at around 1:23 and again at 2:09.

Patrick
"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence." - Robert Fripp

My music on SoundClound

excellent! I liked the filigree rhythms, the subtle ambiences and the space to breathe.

cheers

wolf

I liked it. It had a nice progression through various sections, and a mysterious sound all the way through. I also liked the percussion sound on here. Interesting and entertaining.

Good work :)

cool, alot of interesting detail in this, and stuff is really ringing out and clear, an arrangement with lots of changes....good job, some great percussive elements.

Thanks for the comments. If only I knew what filigree rhythms were...

Return to “Music Cafe”