Support of other rtpmidi interfaces for basic vstizer

ARiederer
KVRer
5 posts since 12 Mar, 2013

Post Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:09 am

Hello,
I have just seen that Kissbox have published the basic vstizer for free. Does it work only with their interfaces or with any rtpmidi interface?
The user manual says that it works with your their interface but it does not say what to do with other interfaces or with PC.
Thanks

cytospur
KVRian
1356 posts since 26 Jun, 2002 from London, UK

Post Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:12 am

Welcome to KvR :)
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

BenKissBox
KVRer
28 posts since 10 Feb, 2010

Post Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:08 am

Hello ARiederer,
thanks for your interest in our products.

The VSTizer Basic works with all RTP-MIDI devices in the world (the KissBox MIDI2TR for example 8) )

So it works also with any Mac computer or Windows computer. For the Mac, you just need to create a session handler in the MIDI/Audio control panel (the driver is included in Mac OS since 10.4)

For Windows, you need to install first a RTP-MIDI driver. You can find this driver for free on KissBox website, and also on Tobias Erichsen's website. Of course, you need to create a RTP-MIDI session in the Windows driver too

(For those not already involved in RTP-MIDI world, a session is nothing else than a MIDI IN/OUT pair. With RTP-MIDI, you can create as many sessions as you want on a given computer, which means that you can have as many MIDI interfaces as you want)

ARiederer
KVRer

Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:22 am

There is something not clear in your answer benkissbox. You say that I have to install a driver, but the user manual and the website says that no driver is needed at all :help:
And do I need the tool from your website named KissboxEditor?
Thanks

BenKissBox
KVRer

Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:51 am

Oooops... I just realized that my answer can be read in two ways :shock:

I confirm what I said : the VSTizer Basic (like ALL other VSTIzers !!!) does not require *any* RTP-MIDI driver (or any other driver of any kind) to be installed.

(By the way, this is because RTP-MIDI is a standard protocol, running on top of a standard stack... and no, this does not give more latency :D)

When I spoke of RTP-MIDI drivers, it was for the other end of the network, not for the computer on which VSTizer plugin is running.

To be clear, if you want to send MIDI data to a KissBox MIDI2TR or RTPMIDI-OEM, there is nothing special to do (since the KissBox products are plug and play, they will be detected by the VSTizer when you click "Scan network")
Same thing if the destination is a Mac computer, because RTP-MIDI is part of OS-X (just create a RTP-MIDI session on the Mac, to create a virtual MIDI port on the destination computer)

If you want to send data to a Windows computer, then you will need rtpMIDI driver on this computer (you can find it on Tobias Erichsen website and KissBox website). And you will also need to create a RTP-MIDI session, to be able to receive MIDI data from the VSTizer Basic in the remote computer.

I hope it's more clear now :wink:

ARiederer
KVRer

Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:10 am

Thanks for the quick reply benkissbox :)
Now, it's clear and it works perfectly with my other PC. I had already rtpMIDI driver installed on it 8)
And you are right : latency is stunning with your solution, far better than with my USB interface.
I will probably buy a MIDI2TR too for my synths here. Can I buy it directly at you or do I need to contact one of your resellers ?

BenKissBox
KVRer

Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:44 pm

Happy to know that you are happy
And even happier to know that you want to buy a MIDI2TR! :hihi:
You can take contact with us directly on our website for the sales. We sell directly or through resellers, depending on the place where you live.

Return to “Kiss-Box”