98 posts since 23 Apr, 2009 from Russia

Post Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:37 am

DMGAudio equilibrium does it too

MaxC
KVRist
177 posts since 16 Feb, 2004

Re: Alternatives to GlissEQ?

Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:57 pm

iZotope Neutron is also great for this purpose. Not only will it allow you to monitor and EQ two tracks simultaneously, you can pair inverse filters across tracks, and you can even sidechain a frequency band on one track to the filter of a second track to create space dynamically. It also has the collision meter to help you quickly recognize competing frequency ranges. Considering everything else that comes with Neutron, I'd give it a long hard look. I'm a fan of GlissEQ as well, but Neutron made more sense from an investment standpoint.

MogwaiBoy
KVRAF
2733 posts since 26 Nov, 2015 from Way Downunder

Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:54 pm

MaxC wrote:you can even sidechain a frequency band on one track to the filter of a second track to create space dynamically.
Like TrackSpacer? Is there a youtube vid on how to do this? I've used the collision detection but I have to admit I haven't used Neutron 2 very much since upgrading... I love using the individual modules but haven't ventured too far into the main plugin. It's obviously way more powerful than I first thought.

mihai
KVRist
78 posts since 18 Mar, 2010 from Los Angeles

Post Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:24 pm

I don't know about other similar options but I'm just here to +1 GlissEQ. Although it rarely makes its way into my mixes it definitely is rarely absent from masters. It's dope.

Return to “Effects”