This 16 year old producer from London really has something special

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Kain
KVRist
285 posts since 10 Aug, 2005 from Belgium

Post Wed May 15, 2013 5:22 am

I don't know what it is. This sounds makes me happy.
Can he get a pair of ears? He is really underviewed on soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/aloysiusmusic/sonic-preview

gambaytheunspoken
KVRist
309 posts since 1 May, 2004

Post Wed May 15, 2013 5:37 am

Usually whenever I get a sniff of this sort of music I run for the nearest exit, but this is quite good actually. Strong melody, and I must say, somewhat sweet for this genre of music. The kid definitely has ears, because melody is what always remains with you. But that was loud. Strong, sweet, but way too loud.

Ciao!

tehlord
KVRAF
7710 posts since 22 Sep, 2008 from Windsor. UK

Post Wed May 15, 2013 5:40 am

Begone vile filth.

bjporter
KVRAF
2605 posts since 19 Dec, 2010 from North America

Post Wed May 15, 2013 5:45 am

Nice stuff! :) just commented.

Aiynzahev
KVRAF
3567 posts since 29 Jun, 2011 from USA

Post Wed May 15, 2013 6:01 am

Very weak intro, muddy/burried sounds, the vibrato lead is annoying. But after that It's impressive.

It's mind numbing though but then I am probably not the target audience!
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

bjporter
KVRAF

Post Wed May 15, 2013 6:03 am

Aiynzahev wrote:Very weak intro, muddy/burried sounds, the vibrato lead is annoying. But after that It's impressive.

Agreed about the age and mixing. Who gives a crap about age really in the electronic modern internet connected world.

I really liked the bass / kick pad work.

Aiynzahev
KVRAF
3567 posts since 29 Jun, 2011 from USA

Post Wed May 15, 2013 6:07 am

bjporter wrote:
Aiynzahev wrote:Very weak intro, muddy/burried sounds, the vibrato lead is annoying. But after that It's impressive.

Agreed about the age and mixing. Who gives a crap about age really in the electronic modern internet connected world.

I find it awkward when people go on about their age in their postings. I mean do you wan't a brownie point or something? I was producing pretty good music at 16 too but what does age have to do with it?

The supposed assumption is "wow they will be amazing when they are older" but it's not the case at all. People get bored and move on.

lol, rude ranting over
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

bjporter
KVRAF

Post Wed May 15, 2013 6:13 am

Aiynzahev wrote:
bjporter wrote:

I find it awkward when people go on about their age in their postings. I mean do you wan't a brownie point or something? I was producing pretty good music at 16 too but what does age have to do with it?

The supposed assumption is "wow they will be amazing when they are older" but it's not the case at all. People get bored and move on.

lol, rude ranting over
Thanks for bringing this up man... I seriously agree... can get annoying.

OP you should change your title seriously... you will not get a friendly reception if you keep talking about your age.

AstralExistence
KVRAF
2265 posts since 19 Sep, 2011

Post Wed May 15, 2013 6:14 am

to many harmonics going on here at once. its like the producer was like, ok ill take this lowpass, layer it with a lowshelf, ooh, that sounds good. now, ill add some hi pass to give it a crisp top, hmm, it could use a little bit in the mid range, ahh, now it pops :oops:

robogone
KVRAF
21375 posts since 26 Jul, 2005 from Gone

Post Wed May 15, 2013 6:48 am

Doesn't sound like anything special to me to be honest. Yes, it's a little earlier than most people get their act together but I would put it in the same box as a million other things being produced right now.

experimental.crow
KVRAF
5745 posts since 9 Mar, 2003 from The Druid Hills

Post Wed May 15, 2013 6:57 am

kill it w/ fire ...
salt the ground on which the ashes lay ...

thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
23826 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Wed May 15, 2013 7:06 am

Needs more compression ...

vurt
addled muppet weed
42933 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Wed May 15, 2013 7:07 am

robojam wrote:Doesn't sound like anything special to me to be honest. Yes, it's a little earlier than most people get their act together but I would put it in the same box as a million other things being produced right now.
but at 16 how many of us had the confidence to do something totally different?

good luck to the kid.
better than smashing windows and happy slapping or whatever kids are doing these days...

robogone
KVRAF
21375 posts since 26 Jul, 2005 from Gone

Post Wed May 15, 2013 7:16 am

vurt wrote:
robojam wrote:Doesn't sound like anything special to me to be honest. Yes, it's a little earlier than most people get their act together but I would put it in the same box as a million other things being produced right now.

good luck to the kid.
better than smashing windows and happy slapping or whatever kids are doing these days...
That's true. I was gigging at 17 in pubs, but I think I was very much an exception. Not to take away from the kid and best of luck to him, but I don't know I'd say it's really stands out is all (just like everything I did at 17 I guess :hihi: )

bjporter
KVRAF

Post Wed May 15, 2013 7:19 am

robojam wrote:
vurt wrote:

good luck to the kid.
That's true. I was gigging at 17 in pubs, but I think I was very much an exception. Not to take away from the kid and best of luck to him, but I don't know I'd say it's really stands out is all (just like everything I did at 17 I guess :hihi: )
Does everyone realize this would be the same old same old discussion if he didn't mention the 16 years old part??

Please OP / dude, just remove that and we can have normal discussion again... you'll get much more honest answers. Remove the 16 year old stuff

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”