Do you know some excellent lesser known paid soft synths?

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
tanabarbier
KVRist
317 posts since 2 Jul, 2012 from Castanet, Aveyron, France

Post Fri May 17, 2013 2:44 pm

Ahah, yeah.

Lazy mexicans all over the place! Stealing jobs! And our wives! Uuuuh!

As you say, as long as everybody gets a wallet...

The funny thing is that ultimately a LOT of people from spain are coming to Mexico, looking for a job. LOOK WHO IS NICE AND POLITE NOW. (just joking, of course).

Tricky-Loops
KVRAF
9462 posts since 12 Mar, 2012 from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Post Fri May 17, 2013 3:00 pm

tanabarbier wrote:Ahah, yeah.

Lazy mexicans all over the place! Stealing jobs! And our wives! Uuuuh!

As you say, as long as everybody gets a wallet...

The funny thing is that ultimately a LOT of people from spain are coming to Mexico, looking for a job. LOOK WHO IS NICE AND POLITE NOW. (just joking, of course).
Stop, we're getting dramatically off-topic...

Let's have a glass of Tequila and some nice Ranchero music from "El Chapo de Sinaloa" and celebrate less known synths... 8)

ouroboros
KVRAF
7882 posts since 16 Apr, 2003 from -on the outside looking in

Post Fri May 17, 2013 3:43 pm

tanabarbier eloquently espoused a viewpoint about price point.
In this context, I found the suggestion that
it's maybe just that most germans (more than some other countries) still kinda value hard work with reasonable money (not that the trend goes into the opposite direction, sadly admitted). maybe _that_ is why we're so "rich" in the end??
ridiculous.

So I exaggerated it.

I live in the Mexican part of the US. I love it. And I know many people who do not have the disposable income to purchase said synths despite working very hard and contributing to the greater good of our place. So I do have concerns about price point. I want dev's to succeed and people to be able to purchase from them. (I cannot justify piracy) But if we are going to speculate about why some people can't afford them, then lets at least examine the bigger inequalities at work instead of valorizing our own circumstance.

I'm sorry. I respect everyone and will stay on topic.

I would agree about Helix:
Brok programmed some wonderful presets for it and for the life of me I do not understand how such a big supersaw sound can use so little cpu. There's real magic in there and how it handles phase.

Octopus and Morphine. Probably because of difficulty synthesis, but both really capable.
..what goes around comes around..

fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
12922 posts since 5 Jun, 2012

Post Fri May 17, 2013 3:50 pm

What would be funny is a system where developers get a tiny share of artists' music sales :D This would allow them to sell their stuff at lower base price points, getting additional revenue based on the quality of their products and thus on the likelihood of their being used in the studio.

Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

Post Fri May 17, 2013 3:58 pm

fluffy_little_something wrote:What would be funny is a system where developers get a tiny share of artists' music sales :D This would allow them to sell their stuff at lower base price points, getting additional revenue based on the quality of their products and thus on the likelihood of their being used in the studio.
:shock: I glaab I spinn... :lol:
I would be happy if I would get some sales at all. It's a free world, less and less people are buying music...

liquidsound
KVRAF
2950 posts since 30 May, 2006 from Hollow Earth

Post Fri May 17, 2013 4:13 pm

MuLab.Ableton.Diva.Zebra.Repro-1.Dune2.The Legend.ArcSyn.Spire.TAL

bailees7irish
KVRAF
2642 posts since 30 Mar, 2007 from In and Out Burger

Post Fri May 17, 2013 4:19 pm

brok landers wrote:
mellotronaut wrote:
brok landers wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:
bailees7irish wrote:
Andywanders wrote:Morphox anyone..?
MorphoX is killer, and for some reason its fanbase is very limited. :?
Maybe because of the price of $129? :?:
care to explain? you sure don't want to point out that it's too expensive, do you? cause it's rather the opposite...
always the same topic. 'expensive' is not an objective term. for a hobbyist, who needs the earned money to feed a family in the first place and than maybe ... , it is expensive. even in Germoney live people with a low income. for a professional well known studio owner, who buys the plugs in the name of his or her company and who doesn't have to pay tax for it (minus 21%), it is different, of course.

:lol:
indeed. when do people learn. it's a _very_ capable synth and a _lot_ of work went into it. based on these facts it's priced absolutely reasonably. period. if you can't afford a porsche, you can't own one, that easy. you don't go to the dealer and tell him "i'd take it for half price", and even if you'd dare to (which imo is an affront par exellence), he'd tell you the same as i did. see, if you really want to get it, you could also save up until you actually _can_ afford it. or look for alternatives, there are enough. vote with your wallet. why is it that these days everyone wants everything dumping priced? there's developers that have to live from their work, don't think they earn a golden nose by overpricing stuff, for sure linplug isn't a company of those. you also want to be paid reasonaby for your work and you're for sure complaining, if this isn't the case.
+1
[Insert Signature Here]

Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

Post Fri May 17, 2013 4:29 pm

Some other less known Italian gems (I was about to call it "Nearly Forgotten Gems", but the term is already reserved by HGFortune):

http://nusofting.liqihsynth.com/index.html

JoeCat
KVRian
1157 posts since 19 May, 2011 from North Carolina

Post Fri May 17, 2013 4:56 pm

Reaktor is not not inexpensive, but if you can get it used or on sale it's a value even if you're not going to roll-your-own - it opens up a whole world of unique, sometimes high-quality instruments. If you end up with 5 or 10 you really enjoy the upfront investment pays off. There's been a lot of great work done recently in the user-library by some very serious developers new core modules, etc.

There are quite a few around here who still love to play with Newscool :hihi:

I assume that, looking for lesser-known instruments means looking for something that will set your tracks apart by being less ubiquitous than Massive, etc., so that's one way to go.

Integratron
KVRAF
3442 posts since 17 Sep, 2006 from Fredericksburg, VA USA

Post Fri May 17, 2013 6:16 pm

Wusikstation - Bill K has some exceptional values with the hybrid synth!
listen2 D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/LX61 kbd controller/Windows 10 Pro/Morl Wah TweakFuzz MXR Micro Amp/ MXR shin juku/Line6 M5 more

Debutante
KVRAF
3020 posts since 16 Jan, 2005 from Ottawa, Ontario

Post Fri May 17, 2013 6:22 pm

kinisis

JonasNorberg
KVRian
699 posts since 16 Dec, 2005 from SF, CA, USA

Post Fri May 17, 2013 7:41 pm

recursive one wrote:
brok landers wrote:
gwill wrote:Audjoo Helix
that. i can't emphazise enougg, how underrated this synth still is...
I demoed it and found that it sounds extraordinarily good.

But the development seems to be stopped forever and there never will be a 64 bit version afaik. Given that, the asking price seems to be not justified
It is true development is very slow lately... but I have a working 64bit vst-version and some other improvements still being tested by some select users. And I do still help every user who have issues... Just so you know :)

HunterKiller
KVRAF
2017 posts since 10 Mar, 2006

Post Fri May 17, 2013 9:09 pm

Exciton 2
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

noiseprovesnothing
KVRist
203 posts since 18 Mar, 2013 from United States

Post Fri May 17, 2013 10:53 pm

JonasNorberg wrote:
recursive one wrote:
brok landers wrote:
gwill wrote:Audjoo Helix
that. i can't emphazise enougg, how underrated this synth still is...
I demoed it and found that it sounds extraordinarily good.

But the development seems to be stopped forever and there never will be a 64 bit version afaik. Given that, the asking price seems to be not justified
It is true development is very slow lately... but I have a working 64bit vst-version and some other improvements still being tested by some select users. And I do still help every user who have issues... Just so you know :)
PLEASE let me know when 64 bit is ready for prime time. You'll have an order from me instantly.
Ableton/Propellerheads/Cockos Reaper/Logic/Renoise/U-He/Tone2/NI/DiscoDSP/Fabfilter/Xils Lab/Reveal Sound/112dB

Charlie Firpo
KVRist
137 posts since 22 Feb, 2005

Post Sat May 18, 2013 12:04 am

Wow! Audjoo Helix is going 64bit! I rarely post (im more of a reader) But this was the best news today! :-) And to be On-Topic. I really recommend Helix! Its just outstanding! :-)

Return to “Instruments”