Arturia Minilab, Analog Lab. Yes or No?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hello, i get minilab exactly one month ago.
i had already read reviews and bad things about the software but i didn't mind cause i want to use hardware
with other vst / plugins. got it cause hardware looks very useful with 16 knobs , pads and 25 keys on this price its more than ok for me.
all bad things about the hardware are true after the install i didn't use it at all except from the first test that was a total disaster! yesterday i got an email from arturia that an update is available for hardware firmware (2.1.0.2) and analog lab (1.0.5)
after this update i have to say that things are waaaaay better than before, still there is an issue with the cpu usage but you can use it anyway... i don't have a power full machine just a 2008 macbook unibody @2ghz , 4gb ram /operation system osx 10.8.5
since yesterday i had play a lot with the minilab as standalone and vst on Logic pro 9 and except from the cpu usage issue (its usable) non crashes or encoders problems like the preview versions.

conclusion: Hardware its a good deal! small keys but works fine for me , i don't have huge fingers, velocity on the keys works okey, really like the fact of 16 encoders , its light , portable and looks very nice
Software was a shit and unusable, now its much better still not ok but its usable
encoders works fine and you can adjust the speed / acceleration from the midilab control centre
hope in the future cpu usage issues going to fix

IMPORTANT NOTE: if you got issues with the encoders with the minilab as standalone or plugin
1) To control your DAW just press and hold on minilab -> Shift + Pad1
2) To control analog lab parameters pess and hold on minilab -> Shift + Pad2
Last edited by panosbklks on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

panosbklks wrote:hello, i get minilab exactly one month ago.
i had already read reviews and bad things about the software but i didn't mind cause i want to use hardware
with other vst / plugins. got it cause hardware looks very useful with 16 knobs , pads and 25 keys on this price its more than ok for me.
all bad things about the hardware are true after the install i didn't use it at all except from the first test that was a total disaster! yesterday i got an email from arturia that an update is available for hardware firmware (2.1.0.2) and analog lab (1.0.5)
after this update i have to say that things are waaaaay better than before, still there is an issue with the cpu usage but you can use it anyway... i don't have a power full machine just a 2008 macbook unibody @2ghz , 4gb ram /operation system osx 10.8.5
since yesterday i had play a lot with the minilab as standalone and vst on Logic pro 9 and except from the cpu usage issue (its usable) non crashes or encoders problems like the preview versions.

conclusion: Hardware its a good deal! small keys but works fine for me , i don't have huge fingers, velocity on the keys works okey, really like the fact of 16 encoders , its light , portable and looks very nice
Software was a shit and unusable, now its much better still not ok but its usable
encoders works fine and you can adjust the speed / acceleration from the midilab control centre
hope in the future cpu usage issues going to fix
How is there a cpu issue with hardware? It's just a midi controller.
IMPORTANT NOTE: if you got issues with the encoders with the minilab as standalone or plugin
1) To control your DAW just press and hold on minilab -> Shift + Pad1
2) To control minilab parameters pess and hold on minilab -> Shift + Pad2
For #2), what do you mean by minilab parameters. Do you mean Analog Lab? I think you might be mixing up the names of the hardware and the software. MiniLab is the software (used to be analog factory or laboratory). MiniLab is the name of the keyboard.

yes only in the last sentence you quoted i mixed up the names.
i mean analog lab parameters not mini lab. excuse me (just did an edit on this last sentence for the original post)
if you read again the post you will se i talk about upgrade for both (minilab firmware and analog lab version) so i know the difference between these and didn't like also your ironic style.
i just registered here posting my point of you for this product. i don't work for arturia and i have nothing to earn from this post
the cpu issues are only with analog lab if you use it with the minilab hardware or with out.
this issue not caused of hardware. i control logic's instruments and other plugins with the minilab and things are great.
Last edited by panosbklks on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

double post / delete

panosbklks wrote:yes only in the last sentence you quoted i mixed up the names.
i mean analog lab parameters not mini lab. excuse me (just did an edit on this last sentence for the original post)
if you read again the post you will se i talk about upgrade for both (minilab firmware and analog lab version) so i know the difference between these and didn't like also your ironic style.
i just registered here posting my point of you for this product. i don't work for arturia and i have nothing to earn from this post
the cpu issues are only with analog lab if you use it with the minilab hardware or with out.
this issue not caused of hardware. i control logic's instruments and other plugins with the minilab and things are great.
I have no idea what you mean about ironic style. I was just trying to help. I can't understand why you'd be defensive, it must be a language thing. I was just clarifying the 2 names.

From this sentence it sounded like the minilab controller was causing some cpu issues:
"since yesterday i had play a lot with the minilab as standalone and vst on Logic pro 9 and except from the cpu usage issue (its usable) non crashes or encoders problems like the preview versions. "

You can understand why I'd think you might be mixing up the two names.

ok. no worries, my misunderstanding for irony on the last post.

"since yesterday i had play a lot with the minilab as standalone and vst on Logic pro 9 and except from the cpu usage issue (its usable) non crashes or encoders problems like the preview versions. "

its obviously that i'm talking for playing with minilab to control analog lab cause i said the day before that i did the update on 1.0.5 on Analog lab/
i'm saying from the beginning the hardware works great for me, except when using analog lab. until 1.0.4 analog lab version the software was just a trash.
So.. NO the minilab hardware not causing any crashes or any other problems to the Analog lab.
analog lab works the same if you control it with minilab hardware or without.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hey folks! Does anyone know if those issues listed (or most of them) are gone now?

At Arturia page the last version of the software is 1.2.3.782, and they claim many things were fixed (they have a list of fixed bugs if you click the "software/info" button)

Check here: http://www.arturia.com/products/analoglab/resources (http://www.arturia.com/products/analoglab/resources)

I hope those changes are for real :-D I was really excited to buy the MiniLab, but now reading the comments here I might end up buying one Akai or Novation small MIDI controller.

I just got the minilab yesterday as I needed a controller worth many encoders. So far, i really like it! Nice feeling controller and a massive amount of sounds is a real bonus!

Im on W10 i7 Asus mobo

wrong post
Last edited by ontol on Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

:borg:

Definitely YES!
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

I got a Keylab 49 recently that came with the Analog Lab program. Great stuff all the way around.

The keyboard has almost all of the features I was looking for including release velocity,
and the Analog Lab program stuff sounds very good.
It is a bit limited on the parameters you can edit, but I certainly wish something like this
would have been available years ago.

Arturia Minilab MK2 is out later in November

It comes with Analog Lab Lite. Have they cut down Analog Lab ? :?

https://www.arturia.com/minilab-mkii

Double

Return to “Instruments”