Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I don't think dialling to a fourth or fifth is that hard or common but will consider adding control + mouse for semitone lock.
Last edited by discoDSP on Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uhhh... you're right. Heh heh. Ooops :oops:

But this actually shows a small bug - when Step is enabled, the tooltip still shows unquantized values, when it probably should only show rounded values.

It's definitely common enough to dial fifths... so many prog rock lead sounds are like that :)

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:06 pm But this actually shows a small bug - when Step is enabled, the tooltip still shows unquantized values, when it probably should only show rounded values.
This is with the latest 2.8 March 10 nightly?

I checked and looks like the windows build wasn't properly compiled. Please download again in a few minutes.

Here you can see how the octave lock and tooltip display from 2.8 in action.
ezgif-1-6c27a107a5.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yes that's fine, but I'm talking dragging Osc1/2 knobs when Step button is enabled. It should show values quantized to semitones, instead it just shows values as if you moved the knob regularly unquantized.

Gotcha. Expect this sorted and control + mouse for OSC1/2 semitone lock too.
Thanks for the valuable report!

Thanks for listening! :)

By the way, any hope for resolving those clicks when wiggling the Multi knob in 24dB mode? :oops:

That issue seems DSP related, it will take more time.

discoDSP wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:19 pm I checked and looks like the windows build wasn't properly compiled. Please download again in a few minutes.
Was/is this resulting in the right click menu disappearing too fast ?

Not really, I used the wrong framework version and standalone app failed to build but now it’s working as it should and can run much better since the JUCE update was from 6.0.5 to 6.1.6. Hope they fixed the 6.0.x VST3 issues so any feedback is greatly appreciated.

discoDSP wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:23 pm Not really, I used the wrong framework version and standalone app failed to build but now it’s working as it should and can run much better since the JUCE update was from 6.0.5 to 6.1.6. Hope they fixed the 6.0.x VST3 issues so any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Well the last build for windows makes the right click menu go away before I can choose anything on windows 10.
A few tries and it stays open but after a chose something and right-clicked again it goes away too soon ( the 08032022 version works.)

Will check.

Yeager wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:38 pm
discoDSP wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:23 pm Not really, I used the wrong framework version and standalone app failed to build but now it’s working as it should and can run much better since the JUCE update was from 6.0.5 to 6.1.6. Hope they fixed the 6.0.x VST3 issues so any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Well the last build for windows makes the right click menu go away before I can choose anything on windows 10.
A few tries and it stays open but after a chose something and right-clicked again it goes away too soon ( the 08032022 version works.)
There’s a right click menu? The Menu button worked here on VST2 and Windows 10 but I didn’t think there was a right click menu anywhere on this plugin.

Return to “Instruments”