Tom Re-Armed - ElectroProg (Seismic Influenza)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Originally from October 2010, this took 16 hours to record over a weekend. The composition went fairly smoothly. The July 2013 edit/remix/master was a lot more troublesome and lasted for 11 hours. A lot of the patches required modification to clean the sound sufficiently for publication. This track features quite a lot of automation relative to my earlier pieces

Updated 20210913: mp3 link removed

skyborne:-

http://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/tom-re-armed

EDIT: 20130803 - dropped hat pattern by 2dB - added Bit-Crusher and Phaser - re-mastered - replaced SoundCloud upload

I took a few liberties with historical veracity here

Recorded in EnergyXT2.5.4/Remixed in EnergyXT2.7beta/Mastered in T-Racks 3

Daedalus
RedTron
CM SR-202
DominatorCM
SxMJune
EnergyXT Drum Sampler
Or2v
Waldorf Wave 2.V
Rapture
EnergyXT Reverb
EnergyXT Delay
FerricTDS
T-Racks Linear Phase EQ
T-Racks Opto Compressor
T-Racks Vintage Equalizer
T-Racks Brickwall Limiter

DR - 14

EDIT:20210913 - Remixed in 2021 - I fixed some long-standing timing issues and replaced a couple of synths. I tweaked some reverbs, improved the EQ, panning and leveling. I replaced FerricTDS with Satin on the master bus and mastered in T-Racks5, ready for album release in 2021/2022.

EDIT:20220203 - Remastered in 2022 - I managed to increase the LUFS by 0.5dB

https://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/tom- ... ks5-master

Recorded in EnergyXT2.5.4/Remixed in EnergyXT2.7/Mastered in T-Racks 5

Daedalus
RedTron
CM SR-202
DominatorCM
SxMJune
EnergyXT Drum Sampler
Or2v
Waldorf Wave 2.V
Rapture
Blue Cat Gain3 Stereo
EnergyXT Reverb
EnergyXT Delay
EnergyXT Phaser
EnergyXT Bit Crusher
Satin
T-Racks Linear Phase EQ
T-Racks Opto Compressor
T-Racks Vintage Equalizer
T-Racks Brickwall Limiter

DR - 12
Last edited by seismic1 on Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.

first! :D

thourougly enjoyed this one, tim.. dont know why, but the "music for the masses" album comes to mind. one of my all time DM faves, then there was those timeless mellotron choirs. made for some very nice friday afternoon listening. nice one! :clap: :tu: :phones:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

That sounds great. I'm listening right now to a UFO documentary from the 70s and this piece would have been right at home for a soundtrack.
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

Wow, this got my attention for more than 10 minutes, I liked how it morphed from one theme to another, I guess you could call it a suite... "Seismic influenza" sounds scary, yet, respectful effort.

i often find it hard to comment on tracks, that i just totally like, because the music is so great and what else is there to say? ;) this is one of those tracks! :love:

Hey seismic. I tried, but couldn't get into this one. I had to hit stop @ about 5:00 mins. Maybe the next one for me.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

layzer wrote:first! :D

thourougly enjoyed this one, tim.. dont know why, but the "music for the masses" album comes to mind. one of my all time DM faves, then there was those timeless mellotron choirs. made for some very nice friday afternoon listening. nice one! :clap: :tu: :phones:
Thanks very much for listening and commenting, layzer. Glad you liked it :)

I love MFTM, but DM weren't my main influence on this track. The 'tron choirs should provide a strong hint :)

Fashionably early :hihi:

I quite enjoyed the build up, very cinematic as it evolves, different for you but most entertaining!
Image Image

Moe Shinola wrote:That sounds great. I'm listening right now to a UFO documentary from the 70s and this piece would have been right at home for a soundtrack.
Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment, Moe. Glad you liked it :)

I can relate to the scientific documentary connection here.

Zombie Queen wrote:Wow, this got my attention for more than 10 minutes, I liked how it morphed from one theme to another, I guess you could call it a suite... "Seismic influenza" sounds scary, yet, respectful effort.
Thanks for checking this out, ZQ. Glad you liked it :)

I like the power of language :o

Good stuff
I didnt quite hear the Depeche Mode link
But enjoyed this track a lot. It stands out.
Good mix to!

astrochimp wrote:i often find it hard to comment on tracks, that i just totally like, because the music is so great and what else is there to say? ;) this is one of those tracks! :love:
Thanks very much for the listen and the comments, astrochimp. Glad you liked it :hug:

I had a feeling that you might like this one :wink:

sounds cool to me... I like the choir part... ahhhhhoohhhaahhooahhh :P

annode wrote:Hey seismic. I tried, but couldn't get into this one. I had to hit stop @ about 5:00 mins. Maybe the next one for me.
Thanks for checking this out, annode. The next one is a real dirge :)

I like this one a lot. I love that choir sound. This one's a keeper for me. Thanks, seismic1.

And I'm looking forward to that dirge (naturally).
No longer a moderator.

Return to “Music Cafe”