(2013-08-06) New Helix Update (64bit, optimizations, more presets)

Official support for: audjoo.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Post

Yes, Helix is a keeper. There is nothing else quite like it. It also uses about 0% CPU.

Post

I have just dowloaded and installed the update on OSX 10.8.4.
But nothing seems to happened.
Seems my only option is to install to my homefolder where nothing shows up.
Loading Adjoo Helix in my DAW shows that my version is from feb 14 2011

Post

murnau wrote:
JonasNorberg wrote:
jsp1979 wrote:
murnau wrote:
stanlea wrote:
murnau wrote: i'm sad too, was about to buy it. thanx for the info.
Once you get it, you keep it ! Watch the market place...
market place? you mean somebody sell it here while it's forbidden to resell? :D
Exactly. That made no sense.
I guess he means that not too many people tr sell their copy of Helix.
thanx, that makes sense: now i understand the reply. :D
Sorry for being unclear. Jonas understood me. A reselling of Helix is almost unseen.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Post

paterpeter wrote:Maybe noteworthy, the latest version is NFR according to the license:

(d) You are not allowed to resell, lend, rent, sublicense or in other ways transfer the license or Software.

Which, to be honest, makes me sad to see.
Just to make it clear: there's no doubt that Helix is an excellent synth and worth its price. I appreciate a lot that Jonas has taken the time to update it.

Post

@stanlea: Thanks for the clarification. I get it now.

You basically only hear good things about Helix. I'm impressed Jonas keeps updating it. That's what you like to see in a developer. Solid, ongoing support.

Post

Developer seems just another smartypants. EULA is NOT LEGAL in Europe. Hope someone buys and resells just to piss him off!

Post

:dog:

Post

On Mac where does this install to as it's not showing up in my plugins folder or hosts?

Post

aMUSEd wrote:On Mac where does this install to as it's not showing up in my plugins folder or hosts?
Hmm... yeah, you're supposed to end up with the files in your local Library/Audio/Plug-Ins folder (this happens for sure in Mac OSX 10.7.3)
Last edited by JonasNorberg on Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post

pinkpanther wrote:Developer seems just another smartypants. EULA is NOT LEGAL in Europe. Hope someone buys and resells just to piss him off!
I heard your face is not legal in Europe :) (just kidding)

Post

JonasNorberg wrote:
pinkpanther wrote:Developer seems just another smartypants. EULA is NOT LEGAL in Europe. Hope someone buys and resells just to piss him off!
I heard your face is not legal in Europe :) (just kidding)
WOW! I don't currently own Helix, I am going to buy it again, I was thinking of checking the KVR market place but now, I'll just buy it from Jonas to show more support... AND Piss off pinkpanther :D :hihi:
Jonus, has always seemed like a nice guy.

Post

cis-didge wrote:I have just dowloaded and installed the update on OSX 10.8.4.
But nothing seems to happened.
Seems my only option is to install to my homefolder where nothing shows up.
Loading Adjoo Helix in my DAW shows that my version is from feb 14 2011
Oops, yeah.. I realized that I messed up the installation for recent versions of Macosx... I'm fixing the installer now... don't give up on me yet :)

EDIT. Fixed now... sorry for the confusion...

Post

JonasNorberg wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:On Mac where does this install to as it's not showing up in my plugins folder or hosts?
Hmm... yeah, you're supposed to end up with the files in your local Library/Audio/Plug-Ins folder (this happens for sure in Mac OSX 10.7.3)
now i get it.
Local/library is a hidden file in OSX 10.8.4.
I have to use Tinker Tool to make it visible, then find the Adjoo Helix stuff and move it to my vst folder.



Did as described above. Adjoo Helix still dont show up.
.

Post

JonasNorberg wrote:Long time no see :)

This update includes some big improvements along with some more subtle fixes to issues some musicians with golden ears noticed:

* Proper support for 64bit hosts (VST&AU)
* Installer for Mac. Installs AU&VST. Universal Binary(32&64bit)
* On Windows separate dlls: audjoo_helix_32.dll & audjoo_helix_64.dll
* The morph-sliders do not cause drop-outs anymore (optimizations)
* The morphing sounds better with fast rhythmical morphs (think wobbles)
* Imported wave is pure with all sliders off (try import pure-sine)
* support "corrupt" wave-files (exported from wave-designer)

I dropped support for Power-PC Macs in this release (contact me if this is a problem).

Please download the new version from Here:
http://www.audjoo.com

Thanks,
Jonas

[UPDATE]I fixed an issue with the installer for Mac. Now only installs in system directory. Tested on 10.7.3 and 10.8.4. If you saw this issue, please try again (the new installer has the 2013-08-07 date) [/UPDATE]
I can see the audjoo_helix_data folder and the audjoo_helix.vst in my vst directory now. But the vst don't show up in my host. Which is Live 9.0.5( i have rescanned for new vst's)
OSX 10.8.4

Post

JonasNorberg wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:On Mac where does this install to as it's not showing up in my plugins folder or hosts?
Hmm... yeah, you're supposed to end up with the files in your local Library/Audio/Plug-Ins folder (this happens for sure in Mac OSX 10.7.3)
OK found them - that's the problem. Every other plugin installs to Mackintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins - not the local one. I don't think any of my hosts even scan that one.

Return to “Audjoo”