Just lost all my Jam Points at IK Custom Shop (SOLVED)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

J4R1O wrote:Got my Jam Points back, so I think I'm gonna try one more time...
Perhaps you could change the thread title to reflect that?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Just received this reply from IK support:

"When an order is not properly completed, the Jampoints are only temporariliy subtracted from your User Area. The system will automatically restore them in a couple of hours."

Sometimes it's just really frustrating when you're really tired and try to place an order and after typing all that required information all you get is some weird error message.

I'm gonna try to do some credit shopping later today. :)
"I keep pressing the space bar, but I’m still on Earth."

P.S. I still have those 8 credits (worth about 5 euros) on my CS account and there's absolutely nothing I can buy. That is the only downside of CS that comes to my mind right now: credits (money) that you can't exchange to digital goods. And yes, I already have purchased all the mics and if I buy some cabin - with no matching amp - there would still be 3 credits left. :?

Ok, I just purchased 40 credits and spend them on Fulltone OCD and Dr. Z Maz 18 Jr. Nice combo. :)

BTW: Just noticed that it is possible that I forgot to give correct credit card expiration date yesterday, so that could explain why I got that error message. :oops: Yes, I was tired and just about to go to sleep.

bk wrote:
Integratron wrote:Personally, I think the Custom Shop is brilliant and I really like it. I really don't understand why anyone would have an issue with being able to test drive a model for free?? 8)
I've used the Amplitube CS to purchase a few things, and that was fine, worked well, still working.

People's issues with Custom Shop seem to come down to two things...

1: Having to purchase a credit pack that's larger than what you want to purchase. The leftover credits are useless until you buy more, so IK is holding on to your money for you.

2: Custom Shop purchases are not transferable. This seems to be a bigger problem for the T-racks Custom Shop, than Amplitube.

My experience has been that IK does listen to it's customers (dongles, and the original British Channel interface), so either of these may change in the future, but they move at a snails pace sometimes.

I still consider myself an IK fan, but I'm holding off on a couple of T-Racks purchases right now.
I can see that being an issue with some customers.

Kinda like walking into a CVS and buying a candy bar for $1.00, you pay them with a five and they say " we'll keep the four bucks until you're ready to buy something else."
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

...and this is exactly the reason we are reviewing Custom Shop (as always) and it will evolve over time. I'll let you know when any changes are made. But it also does work with the credits system for many as they are able to get a deep discount with bulk credits and aren't left with any (or very few, and if they are left with any they are still WAY ahead financially with the deal they got for the bulk purchase).

whyterabbyt wrote:
murnau wrote:ps. i dont debate about in public anymore. i only drop in everytime i see a fanboy-like response.
translation : "i havent stopped going on and on and on about it at the drop of a f**king hat, and am looking for any opportunity to mess up someone else's thread in order to continue my petty little vendetta"

Ha, I CAN read your mind!!

And yes, I know I look like an idiot.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:...and this is exactly the reason we are reviewing Custom Shop (as always) and it will evolve over time. I'll let you know when any changes are made. But it also does work with the credits system for many as they are able to get a deep discount with bulk credits and aren't left with any (or very few, and if they are left with any they are still WAY ahead financially with the deal they got for the bulk purchase).
Except when you want to buy a processor costing 100 credits. You are forced to either buy 80 plus a 20 (thereby being forced to buy a pack with the lowest bang for buck ratio) or buying 120 credits for the same outlay and being left with 20 credits that are largely useless on their own.

We had this conversation in the Precision Limiter thread.

Just change the policy to allow the use of real money, you know, the stuff you buy things with. Problem solved, users happy. :)

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

Yes, you can buy the exact amount of credits you need (albeit by putting two items into your cart) for a 1:1 ratio or get 120 credits and have enough left over to buy one of many items in AmpliTube. If you have no need for the 20 credit AmpliTube gear, then you can go with the first option with my apologies that it required putting two items into your cart. Yes, we've had this conversation, I understand you don't like how it works and I also understand that I've stated multiple times that we're considering many of the requests and making changes to Custom Shop. I apologize, too, that these changes do not happen overnight.

I just had this issue happen too. Not that it was a lot of points but kind of annoying. I filled out a ticket so I'll report back in about how it's handled. I don't understand how all of a sudden the transaction failed. Must be a bug or something. But it shouldn't take your points permanently unless you had the item you purchased delivered.

Can someone please explain to me what these "credits" and "jam points" are?? I spent 10 or so minutes on the IK website and there is a lot of marketing blah going on and how TRacks Modules now cost 40 instead of 80 "credits", but even after searching the FAQ I still don't know what this is in real money (€ for me). I as a prospective new customer (fancy the 670) would've liked to see a nice short explanation of how the CS works in detail on the TRacks CS site instead of "Close your eyes and picture a store full of cool processing gear...". Could've been done in a few sentences I guess.
'I hate marketing, excuse me for being a tech guy, I am so fed up with web sites throwing smoke grenades in my direction, too bad I have to deal with that in my day job every now and then.
Sorry, had to be said :wink:

This will directly tell you how much each Gear Credit pack is (to cut to the chase on an important part of your questions): http://www.ikmultimedia.com/shop/?start=0&cat2=tokens

There's a three-step explanation of using AmpliTube Custom Shop here that is the same process (and the first two steps are downloading and then interfacing with the actual program) and a list of the Gear Credit packs: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitubecs/ and the same for T-RackS also with a list of Gear Credit packs and their cost in the appropriate currency based on your location: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trcs/

JamPoints are explained pretty well here: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/jampoints - loyalty points that can be used for up to half the cost of your purchase, with a few exceptions like current promotions, etc.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:This will directly tell you how much each Gear Credit pack is (to cut to the chase on an important part of your questions): http://www.ikmultimedia.com/shop/?start=0&cat2=tokens

There's a three-step explanation of using AmpliTube Custom Shop here that is the same process (and the first two steps are downloading and then interfacing with the actual program) and a list of the Gear Credit packs: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitubecs/ and the same for T-RackS also with a list of Gear Credit packs and their cost in the appropriate currency based on your location: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trcs/

JamPoints are explained pretty well here: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/jampoints - loyalty points that can be used for up to half the cost of your purchase, with a few exceptions like current promotions, etc.
Thank you Peter - now that I know where to look, I found it too, and of course on the product page itself (way at the bottom).
I must be getting old, obviously modern websites are too confusing for me. I miss the old Internet...

The same just happened with me, wanted to see the lowest price I could get on something, and emptied my cart after checking .. and €44 worth of jampoints vanished .. hoping they will return in a few hours .. Peter?
Last edited by maschinelf on Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

They're back now

Return to “Effects”