Presets not showing up in Guitarist

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I bought Guitarist and installed using the default locations, then installed the Guitarist Library also using defaults. I can successfully choose a guitar type (Stratocaster, etc) on the Settings screen. But the four preset drop-downs at the top left of the main screen are empty.

Environment is shown below.

Any ideas on how I can get these presets to show up? I installed Guitarist on my other Mac, same version of OSX and same version of Live, and the presets show up just fine.

The one weird thing that happened when I installed Guitarist this time round was that at the end of the installation process it told me the installation had failed, and to contact the software vendor. Yet the product seems to have installed just fine...except for the fact there are no presets available.

Help!

- ajw31

------------
Environment:
Mac OSX 10.8 (latest)
Ableton Live 9 (latest)
Guitarist 1.0.2 (latest)
[/img]

Hi,

on Mac OS X 10.8 or higher it's recommended to deactivate the gatekeeper application for the installation process.

Before you reinstall, you should also check the permissions of your Documents folder. The owner (logged in user) needs read & write access.

Please try again and also double check that you enter the correct serial.
Especially make sure to enter the serial by hand to avoid copy/paste errors when installing.

Presets should be in Documents/Sugar Bytes/Guitarist then.

Best,
Your Sugar Bytes team

Sugar Bytes wrote:Hi,

on Mac OS X 10.8 or higher it's recommended to deactivate the gatekeeper application for the installation process.

Before you reinstall, you should also check the permissions of your Documents folder. The owner (logged in user) needs read & write access.

Please try again and also double check that you enter the correct serial.
Especially make sure to enter the serial by hand to avoid copy/paste errors when installing.

Presets should be in Documents/Sugar Bytes/Guitarist then.

Best,
Your Sugar Bytes team
Thanks to Sugar Bytes folk for quick response, re-installed, all okay.

ajw31

Here I am a decade later having this issue. I've actually owned the product for a year or so (LOVE IT), but upon logging into my PC after a couple of months the preset section only displays "default" with the only option being "save preset." The location of the presets hasn't changed--in fact I'm taken to the folder upon selecting 'save preset'(not the case from my DAW, though) & all is where it should be. With no folder location option visible, I'm fearing a reinstall is necessary. ugh. I'm using Windows 10/Reason 10, & I'm sure if a recent update is the culprit. Please help/
Muse Receptor 2 Pro Max (gun metal gray version)

System Version 1.9.20111221

Hardware Version 2+ Pro

2010 Muse R&D

4GB RAM

1TB HDD

3GHZ

Hi ReceptorNoob,

that's strange. Have you possibly enabled "iCloud Desktop & Documents folders" so that your presets are not in the usual documents folder but in your iCloud documents instead?

Please verify that the preset folder exists in your User level documents folder:
/Users/[Your Username]/Documents/Sugar Bytes/Guitarist/

If the presets are there but do not show up in your Reason, does at least the standalone version of Guitarist show up the presets? If yes, did you already try to run Reason as administrator?
Which means what you could try is to start Reason with a rightclick "run as admin", just to see if it makes a difference.
If it shows up the presets then, have you possibly different User Accounts with admin/non-admin rights?

Best,
Nadine

Return to “Sugar Bytes”