Spire: Problems and trouble shooting help

Official support for: reveal-sound.com
vega555
KVRist
290 posts since 10 May, 2009

Post Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:08 pm

Tom Milner wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:11 pm
I've had Spire for a few weeks now, and I really like the workflow. Forgive my density, but the saving of custom presets seems a bit fiddly, or maybe I just haven't cracked the code yet. I've tried referencing the manual, but there really isn't a step by step guide, and when I think I've succeeded, the preset is gone when I reopen the bank. I'm sure this is user error, but can someone point me to a tutorial or more in-depth guide on how to do this?

I'm running a 2010 iMac, running Logic Pro 10.4

Thanks, Tom Milner
Hi!

If want to save all presets in the current bank just use this function: Menu>Save Bank (.sbf)

Please feel free to contact us via support@reveal-sound.com if you have any further questions.

Woody450@live.com
KVRer
8 posts since 29 Dec, 2016

Re: Spire: Problems and trouble shooting help

Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:55 am

Does anyone have the problem where the newest version crashes randomly and a lot of sounds sustain indefinately?

I'm using the latest version and it is a legitimate license not a crack.

cheers
M.

vega555
KVRist

Post Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:46 am

Woody450@live.com wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:55 am
Does anyone have the problem where the newest version crashes randomly and a lot of sounds sustain indefinately?

cheers
M.
Hi! Please contact us via support@reveal-sound.com with detailed information about your setup and issue.

tony10000
KVRian
770 posts since 4 Aug, 2017

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:57 pm

Anybody else having issues with FL Studio 10.1. disabling the latest version of Spire (1.1.15) upon launch? The wrapper still identifies it as 1.1.14. BTW, I have reported this issue to Reveal-Sound support.

AB69
KVRist
99 posts since 12 Sep, 2014

Post Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:24 pm

My spire preset keeps changing whenever I play MIDI.

I read about something called program change where the MIDI notes trigger a preset change.

I am wondering how I can turn this off for Spire or for my DAW Logic Pro X? Thanks.

vega555
KVRist

Post Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:21 am

AB69 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:24 pm
My spire preset keeps changing whenever I play MIDI.

I read about something called program change where the MIDI notes trigger a preset change.

I am wondering how I can turn this off for Spire or for my DAW Logic Pro X? Thanks.
Hi!
Please use the "Reset Midi Learn Table" function in Spire Menu to reset all learned Midi commands for Spire.
If the above doesn't help:
Select the MIDI region in the Arrange and press "E" to open the Event List. Check the Event List for a Program Change parameter and delete it if needed.

Please contact us via support@reveal-sound.com if you have any further questions.

Digivolt
KVRian
699 posts since 21 Nov, 2018

Post Wed May 22, 2019 3:35 am

Maybe I'm missing something but on certain presets, even if I turn volume all the way to zero, Spire still plays a sound, why does this happen and why was it designed this way ? It makes it really annoying for gain staging as every other single VSTi I have, volume does what you expect it to do

chk071
KVRAF
23273 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Wed May 22, 2019 3:44 am

Which preset, for example?

Also, master volume could be modulated. Check if the mod knobs, or anything else is set as a modulation source for master volume in the matrix.

Digivolt
KVRian
699 posts since 21 Nov, 2018

Post Wed May 22, 2019 9:46 am

chk071 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 3:44 am
Which preset, for example?

Also, master volume could be modulated. Check if the mod knobs, or anything else is set as a modulation source for master volume in the matrix.
3rd party preset and you're correct master volume is modulated, still seems odd that modulation overrides at manual setting off volume, I would have thought modulation would work based off what the original volume is set at so it could never go higher or at least that would be the preferred way for it to work in my opinion, or have a real master that decreases overall volume regardless of modulation

chk071
KVRAF
23273 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Wed May 22, 2019 2:03 pm

On the other hand, it's the same as with cutoff frequency. Fully close the filter, and you won't hear nothing anymore. Modulate the filter, and it opens. Same with master volume. As long as it's modulatable, it has to react that way, i guess.

blu789
KVRer
13 posts since 19 Sep, 2013

Post Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:52 am

Woody450@live.com wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:55 am

cheers
M.

Yea, I still get stuck notes too. I submitted another bug report. Ableton 10.x (was stuck on 9 also). Windows x64. Easily repeatable over and over.

Return to “Reveal Sound”