Spire: Problems and trouble shooting help

Official support for: reveal-sound.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yosemite/AU/Reaper:

Just updated to the latest yesterday and it's dropping plogue bidule every time. It wanted to drop reaper but after fiddling with it for a while I got it to take I think. For the first few times I opened it in reaper the gui stuck and didn't want to stay stable.

vega555 wrote:Spire Synthesizer update to v1.1.4

* Added AAX version of Spire (compatible with ProTools 10/11/12)
- Improve stability
- Fix FX section modulation in poly mode
- Fix multiple notes play in mono mode
* Added Legacy skin
* New presets are added to Factory sound bank 6
* Manuals on English, Deutsche and Russian are available now

Download for MAC: http://reveal-sound.com/downloads/distr ... .4-Mac.zip
Download for WIN: http://reveal-sound.com/downloads/distr ... .4-Win.zip
This build broke de plugin's UI in FL Studio (12.2 and 12.3(beta3).
Fresh install, complete refreshing my plugin list; nothing worked.

Opened up in Reaper just the way it should.

Exmatproton, you probably have better luck when contacting Reveal-Sound directly, via the contact details given on their site, or ask the question on their FB. They rarely visit and post here.

chk071 wrote:Exmatproton, you probably have better luck when contacting Reveal-Sound directly, via the contact details given on their site, or ask the question on their FB. They rarely visit and post here.
Ah, thnx for the tip! :tu:

ModWheel behavior changed again in 1.1.4, therefore I reinstalled 1.1.3.
In 1.1.3 when I open project, Spire patch is played with correct ModWheel position, while in 1.1.4 it seems that ModWheel is reset. Not even opening GUI doesn't play the patch with correct position, as it happened in pre-1.1.3 versions.

I like v1.1.3 behavior best.

frag wrote:ModWheel behavior changed again in 1.1.4, therefore I reinstalled 1.1.3.
In 1.1.3 when I open project, Spire patch is played with correct ModWheel position, while in 1.1.4 it seems that ModWheel is reset. Not even opening GUI doesn't play the patch with correct position, as it happened in pre-1.1.3 versions.

Again, in v1.1.5, ModWheel position is saved in GUI but the patch does not sound right (at least in Cubase 5.1). You would have to move ModWheel in order to hear the patch as it was saved in project, with ModWheel position. Is this the new way? ModWheel cannot be saved with project?

I'm going to stick to v1.1.3, since I like the way it handles ModWheel.

frag wrote:
frag wrote:ModWheel behavior changed again in 1.1.4, therefore I reinstalled 1.1.3.

Again, in v1.1.5, ModWheel position is saved in GUI but the patch does not sound right (at least in Cubase 5.1). You would have to move ModWheel in order to hear the patch as it was saved in project, with ModWheel position. Is this the new way? ModWheel cannot be saved with project?

I am not even able to download the 1.1.5 version. The archive is broken of the rar. .... Strange update... :?:

It's a ZIP archive. But yeah, doesn't work... come on guys, you can do better than that. :P

Obviously, they re-upped the archive now, works now.

GUI issues, and reverting to default preset when changing the GUI themes are fixed, as far as i can see.

Yes, seems to work fine here too :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

exmatproton wrote:
frag wrote:

I am not even able to download the 1.1.5 version. The archive is broken of the rar. .... Strange update... :?:
I reported the bug, and it was fixed in a couple of days. Running the latest v1.1.7 without any issues.
Great job, Reveal Sound!

Spire casues a weird bug in Studio One when copying midi clips, as described here

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 7&t=476264

Reported it to Reveal Sound, but also posting it here just in case.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:Spire casues a weird bug in Studio One when copying midi clips, as described here

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 7&t=476264

Reported it to Reveal Sound, but also posting it here just in case.
Was solved by upgrading Studio One.

Also I had very good experience with Reveal Sound support, they responded fast and genuinely tried to help. :tu:
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

GeorgeZ wrote:I had massive graphical issues a while back in FL while using spire in an averagely CPU heavy project (was using 2 instances of Spire). For some reason the graphics would become VERY choppy, not respond to input and level meters on the mixer and main outs would freeze. The sound would be absolutely fine however. Ended up setting a fixed buffer for Spire and now all's well :D Just a tip in case you run into the same issue (i7 2600, Win x64 Ultimate).

Don't forget to hit "save now" on the settings page/tab once you've done this.

EDIT: Also seems to be a problem with threaded processing now and then. Disabling threaded processing (same page as the buffer editing above) solves random pops and click (and doesn't seem to affect CPU usage, stays as is).

Four years later, you just saved my life. I was so hung up on the CPU usage issue, and this completely solved it. Your suggestion cut my CPU usage nearly in HALF! Thank you so much for this post. Unrelated problem, but a great help to (I assume) those of us with AMD processors 2016 and previous.

I'm in FL Studio 12.5.1 using Spire 1.1.13 on Windows 10 64bit, and I need to enable fixed buffers for it to work properly.

If you use an Osc to modulate another, you get distortion unless you enable fixed sized buffers.

The patch notes state that this was addressed in 1.1.13, is anyone able to use Spire without enabling fixed sized buffers in Fl Studio?

I've added a test preset in the attached zip. If you load this, and play it with and without fixed sized buffers you will hear a big difference (if you can reproduce the problem).

Best regards,

Gino
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Reveal Sound”