renoise skips first note of zebra 2.6

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
abique
KVRian
809 posts since 26 May, 2013 from France, Sisteron

Post Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:44 pm

Thanks it works. But also the CPU goes to 20% when doing nothing, and it takes too much time to disable it for each instruments before rendering. So we definitely need a fix ;-)

Thanks again!

padillac
KVRian
728 posts since 27 Nov, 2011

Post Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:59 pm

Ah bummer. Looks like I will not be hopping on board the sweet new diva oscillators and zebra distortion trains.

Urs
u-he
26943 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:23 am

If someone can send me a Renoise track reproducng the problem within 3 hours I might be able to check this out. We haven't been able to set one up ourselves, we don't know Renoise well enough.

I know we had a similar issue before. Not sure what caused this.

markm2
KVRer
18 posts since 7 Dec, 2013

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:59 am

If someone can send me a Renoise track reproducng the problem within 3 hours I might be able to check this out. We haven't been able to set one up ourselves, we don't know Renoise well enough.
tried it..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-0MUq ... sp=sharing

You need the registered Renoise version to render, and it happens only when rendering. Setting up the VST folder is under Edit=>Preferences...=>Plugin/Misc up there VST Plugins

Rendering is either
- File=>Render Song to Disk...

or

- select a few rows around the note with left mouse button, then right mouse button and "Render To Sample" then it goes into the "Sample Editor" tab on the right, lower pane

The cause is "Auto Suspend" which is a big button under the "Instrument Settings" tab, left side of the lower pane.

Urs
u-he

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:22 am

Thanks so much!

I tried

- just playback, pressing space
- render to song with Auto suspend highlighted
- render to song with Auto suspend greyed out

All three times sound the same to me…?

What am I supposed to listen for?

Wait… that was the AU. Will try VST next.

Urs
u-he

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:28 am

Ok, gotcha. It's a VST problem.

Will check it out.

markm2
KVRer
18 posts since 7 Dec, 2013

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:29 am

The blubb.wav at the google drive link is what it renders here. The auto suspend cuts some sound away, not sure how or what, but at the beginning.

Urs
u-he

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:51 am

Okay, I think I fixed that too.

However, the code that was responsible has been in there for a reason. Unfortunately I don't know exactly why this was, but I have a hunch - it may have been related to notehangers we get in certain hosts.

Not sure if I'd be happy to release this fix in a rush. I think we need to test this over a period of time to make sure that we don't get notehangers or other side effects. In case of which we can make the fix "Renoise only" and the workaround "everything but Renoise".

Anyhow, the fix is sent off to build servers, I'm not sure if I can post it today.

Urs
u-he

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:52 am

Okay :)

Here's a build that should fix the issue - at least it does for me.

Diva 2127 Win
Diva 2127 Mac

Zebra 2127 Win
Zebra 2127 Mac

We will have to thoroughly test this fix for side effects in other hosts, environments and situations before we can officially release it. But anyone experiencing the same issue in Renoise or elsewhere should give it a try.

Cheers,

- Urs

abique
KVRian
809 posts since 26 May, 2013 from France, Sisteron

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:18 am

I'm having a first look at the diva tarball. First, the fix works.

Why the new patches needs to be manually installed?

In the folder extra, you have a folder __MACOSX and incorrect rights on many files, I mean you have like 755 on your presets instead of 644.

Thanks.

JoeCat
KVRAF
1534 posts since 19 May, 2011 from North Carolina

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:57 am

No problem with the original 2126 diva or zebra (demo - I promise that will change soon!) rendering on Renoise on the Mac (mavericks).

padillac
KVRian

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:20 am

Urs wrote:Okay :)

Here's a build that should fix the issue - at least it does for me.

Diva 2127 Win
Diva 2127 Mac

Zebra 2127 Win
Zebra 2127 Mac

We will have to thoroughly test this fix for side effects in other hosts, environments and situations before we can officially release it. But anyone experiencing the same issue in Renoise or elsewhere should give it a try.

Cheers,

- Urs

Working over here :D Thank you Urs!!

Urs
u-he

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:30 am

abique wrote:I'm having a first look at the diva tarball. First, the fix works.
cool
They don't - we sorted them into the category folder - as explained in the readme :)
In the folder extra, you have a folder __MACOSX and incorrect rights on many files, I mean you have like 755 on your presets instead of 644.
Not sure.

JoeCat
KVRAF
1534 posts since 19 May, 2011 from North Carolina

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:30 pm

Urs wrote:
abique wrote:I'm having a first look at the diva tarball. First, the fix works.
cool
They don't - we sorted them into the category folder - as explained in the readme :)
Not sure.
My customers mention the same issue with the _MACOSX folder: when you compress on a Mac you get that folder (which just holds meta info), and is invisible on the Mac OS. I have to keep remembering to zip files on the "Windows side" of my Mac (thanks to VMWare, that's a swipe :) ).

I like having them in an additional (extra) folder just to hear what's been made with the awesome new goodies!

padillac
KVRian

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:33 pm

I realize this might not happen, and it's fine, but it would be cool if you could release this same fix for Dark Zebra when that goes out, even if it's not in the official release.

Return to “u-he”