Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
ugo
KVRAF

5153 posts since 6 Jan, 2003

Postby ugo; Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:32 am Site hacked - rebuild in progress.

My site was hacked yet again yesterday - due to the old version of Joomla running there. These old Joomla 1.5 sites are getting hammered by malware bots these days. I've been intending to rebuild the site anyway, and it really must be done now.

I've decided not to repost a clean backup of the site because it will just be hacked again and I don't want the old site presenting a risk of infection to any customers - or to the new site I'll be trying to built at that server.

Because of this, my site will be going offline today and down for a while. How long depends on how much time I can consistently find to work on it - and if I decide to put a basic makeshift site up there as a placeholder while I work on a more interesting design. It could be back in a week, or it could be down for months. I apologize for the inconvenience.

If you need any files in the meantime, please feel free to contact me either by posting here, PM, or email.
Oliver [Camel Audio]
KVRer

4 posts since 4 Jun, 2013

Postby Oliver [Camel Audio]; Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:17 am

Sorry to hear about the hack Chris, hope you can get it sorted soon!
xybre
KVRAF

1759 posts since 19 May, 2006, from Nomadic (Chicago and San Francisco mostly)

Postby xybre; Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:02 am Re: Site hacked - rebuild in progress.

Damn, I really feel you here. I'm a web developer by trade yet my site is down right now too since its kind of a pain to do when you're not focused on it.
noise and beats: Negutyv Xeiro
gearlust: Wadorf Blofeld, Dave Smith MoPho, Roland JP-8000, Access Virus A, Korg Radias
machinecode by: u-he, Tone2, Stillwell, de la Mancha, Ugo, Camel, Togu, et al
Numanoid
KVRAF

25907 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from a star near where you are

Postby Numanoid; Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:43 am Re: Site hacked - rebuild in progress.

Hope to see the Ugo website up and running again soon :)
ugo
KVRAF

5153 posts since 6 Jan, 2003

Postby ugo; Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:08 am Re: Site hacked - rebuild in progress.

thanks :) It's been taking so long to rebuild because I've had to little time to devote to it...but I am happy to report that I'm actually getting close to having it ready. I need to sort out/create some more audio files, and settle on some other details, but the design is complete and the majority of the content has been added.
Musical Gym
KVRAF

4883 posts since 23 May, 2004, from square1

Postby Musical Gym; Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:39 pm Re: Site hacked - rebuild in progress.

Glad to hear it.

Jim

Moderator: ugo

Return to Ugo