ABL3 Coming....

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AudioRealism Bass Line 2 (ABL2) AudioRealism Bass Line 3 (ABL3) AudioRealism Bass Line Pro (ABL Pro)

I agree with 'the most authentic clone ever' part. Can't wait to put my grubby hands on it!

i've been aware of this, had to keep it secret
+1
It doesn't matter how it sounds..
..as long as it has BASS and it's LOUD!

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

I was just trying ABL again the other day and I do prefer the sound to Phoscyon, however I hate that you have to click to the step you want to edit with the arrows, rather than click directly on a step like phoscyon. Also there is no visual indicator of the step.

I know they are going for authenticity but it does not change the sound or character at all by adding a little nicer sequencer. I mean they added swing, why not make it easier to program.

I think it's time one of the 303 plugins really trounced all opposition.

YEEEEHAAAAWWWW !!!
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

I'm hoping it will be authentic AND have some extra synth stuff that is optional, like maybe a variable pulse wave and an attack stage to the env like Phosykins does.

But to be honest I'll take just 100% authenticity. I was almost tempted to get the ARIA 303, but I decided why get software sealed in a box when I have a box that can house upgradable software sitting in front of me? (I know, don't tell me, is it the A/D converters?! :hihi: )
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

knowix wrote:I think it's time one of the 303 plugins really trounced all opposition.
In order to do that, I think it really needs a couple basic workflow features like being able to click directly on the step you want to edit. It really doesn't add anything positive to the authenticity when you have to click a button 8 or 9 times to get to the step you want to see/edit.

0dfb filters?
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

Great news and sounds interesting, look forward to ABL2 to 3 upgrade prices and the final release.

Be nice to have along side the x0xb0x...now to grow some extra arms and hands...

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
knowix wrote:I think it's time one of the 303 plugins really trounced all opposition.
In order to do that, I think it really needs a couple basic workflow features like being able to click directly on the step you want to edit. It really doesn't add anything positive to the authenticity when you have to click a button 8 or 9 times to get to the step you want to see/edit.
Without 1:1 sequencer emulation, its not a proper 303. If anybody could do it 100% right it would be TAL, but let's see how close audiorealism gets.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Isn't a guy who made a free one involved in this? (that one where you have to put codes in it, for it to work with midi), just asking, because for some reason, can't remember why, but I thought that this new version is his "pimped" version witn number 3 attached. Can't recall why, but just wondering, because I was skeptical about it being any better than all other plastic 303s.

BTW Aira is plastic too (soundwise, plus I don't care about some has beens gigging for years, so by now deaph, swearing by it), love me or hate me, though you have no choice, so just hate me for that, lol
Soundbanks for Serum, Bazille, Diva, lush-101, Zebra2, Monark... Here

I hope it is at 99 dollars when it comes out. I couldn't figure out how to run abl 2 but i only tried for like 5 minutes. All they need is a good sound. Phoshyon and ABL 2 weren't THAT great imo. I hope they take it to the next level. A 303 is one of those tools where you can spend hours just messing around with the tool. Sort of like Granular and epic reverbs.

electro wrote:
Without 1:1 sequencer emulation, its not a proper 303.
Sure. But are you saying that being able to click t he step you want to edit directly rather than clicking a next/previous button eight times to get there somehow makes it not a proper 303? That's like saying that the ability to save presets makes it not a proper 303.

electro wrote:
Without 1:1 sequencer emulation, its not a proper 303. If anybody could do it 100% right it would be TAL, but let's see how close audiorealism gets.
if with "1:1 sequencer emulation" you mean also sequencer programming interface - that is already known to be doomed to fail
a bare software plugin which is clicked with the mouse.. it doesn't quite work
perhaps maybe on a multitouchscreen device - sure

if anyone can do it 100% right i wouldn't expect that to be TAL, not any time soon at least
the 303 is weird, you cannot just learn everything about it for 6 months and make a 100% "right" emulation

the sequencer on a 303 emulation takes a huge chunk of the developement time, doesn't matter if it tries to mimic the original programming interface or not - it's a sequencer, and it's tricky to code
sadly most people don't even want to use it, they use midi (external sequencing) and then they say that the emulation sounds plastic

i've heard some early audio samples of ABL3 - it's very accurate

in my list, the aira's place is somewhere above rubber duck and below ReBirth.
what they've done with the envelopes (accent specifically) is terrible... they forgot to put ay see bee in there at all

looking forward to see abl3
It doesn't matter how it sounds..
..as long as it has BASS and it's LOUD!

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

Return to “Instruments”