Eighty Me - Instrumental Hip-Hop

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ZOMG!

EatMe - Eighty Me.mp3

download on eatme.pro/music - by EatMe - free music

some rights reserved, see this Creative Commons BY-NC-ND license

EatMe out

awesome!

in need of a non virtual stage.
there isnt really anything in your mixes which still can be improved in my humble opinion
so i`m not much of use. (beside this feather and pat on your back ;-) )

Cheerio

Emerald Tablet wrote:awesome!

in need of a non virtual stage.
there isnt really anything in your mixes which still can be improved in my humble opinion
so i`m not much of use. (beside this feather and pat on your back ;-) )

Cheerio
Thank you! I aimed to enjoy the listeners with a pleasant sound and am very happy with the mix of sounds in this tune. It takes quite some time to put in each part and add effect processing and automation to each sound when I make music on the computer. I would not be able to make anything sound better (maybe even worse) when I would be tweaking knobs and settings live or in real time. Some of my tunes take (almost) 100% of my CPU and a lot of memory, so switching between two songs in a live situation would take closing/loading time and tweaking live would maybe use too much CPU. Most of my tunes contain different harmonics and BPMs so they're also very difficult to mix properly into a long set for on stage. And I have no equipment for on stage. I do play live drums and electric bass guitar and keys in jam sessions sometimes, but that has nothing to do with my electronic productions. It's not my desire to play live over the electronic music I make, the creative process of playing keys, drums and electric bass guitar besides producing and composing electronic music is enough for me. So it's producing, possibly with other artists, jam sessions, and practicing for me. Thank you for your positive comments. Cheers!

EatMe out.

This tune has a terrific groove. Love the key modulations. I like the lead line but kept waiting for more full on solo.

ecamburn wrote:This tune has a terrific groove. Love the key modulations. I like the lead line but kept waiting for more full on solo.
Thank you for commenting. "Eighty Me" is completely sequenced on the PC in Renoise, a more full on solo would require some more of me keyboard bashing. I will keep your comment in mind regarding future projects, I don't think I will edit this tune any further. Good to hear it has a good groove and key modulation. Thank you once again for listening.

EatMe out.

Enjoying this. Really like the way the lead twangy thing seems to stand right in front without being particularly loud. Nice changes.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

folderol wrote:Enjoying this. Really like the way the lead twangy thing seems to stand right in front without being particularly loud. Nice changes.
Yay! :) I'm glad to hear you are enjoying this tune and that you like the changes in it. The lead is VSTi synthesizer Sylenth1 with a low number of voices per osc with some mixing fades/gain, a phaser (SupaPhaser, a good freeware VST phaser), equalizer and maximizer (hard limiter) which flattens the top off, flattening out the difference of gain from the phaser phasing from side to side in stereo on the synth lead. It is later on (at the double noted lead) combined with a pluck sound with some bells in the background from the WaveStation VSTi synthesizer with its internal reverb turned off. Thank you for leaving your comment, have fun with downloading my music for free as in free beer.

EatMe out.

Return to “Music Cafe”