1303, a tune by Somebody Else

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was intrigued by a tune recorded by another Soundcloud poster, Skoshu, and decided to add a few voices. His music is jazz. Full of humor and whimsy. I highly recommend that jazz-lovers check out his tracks. https://soundcloud.com/artlowell

I listened to the original about a week ago. My impression after the first listen of this reworking is of a darker mood, but I think that is probably confined to the opening section. I think that overall, your version has a slightly "softer" vibe when compared to the original the original. Old-school, to use a slightly worn descriptor.

Good work :)

Thanks Seismic. Skoshu is totally open to meddling with his creations. The choices were many. A full orchestral version, strings and all? Too much risk of going all Montovani and way out of original flavor. I was thinking of Ebony Concerto (Igor Stravinski) when I decided on limited brass and winds. Small combo feel, if a little soul-less. It's also worth keeping in mind Skoshu's sense of whimsy, humor and playfulness. the darkness of the opening passages, I felt, is satire. I didn't do much, here. Just enhanced what was already there, settled some ambiguities in chord structure and smoothed out the choppiness. Most importantly, I decided that Skosho and his fine musician friends needed to be the stars of the show. It was a fun little project. There is likely to be some collaberation attempted in the future.

Return to “Music Cafe”