User Songs

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

musicdevelopments wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:00 pm Wow, this is very beautiful!!! :clap:
Thanks, Mike!

Attila
Thanks Attila. More to come (hopefully) :)

yes indeed.. hoping you do a break down.. nice.. :clap:

BluGenes wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:25 pm yes indeed.. hoping you do a break down.. nice.. :clap:
Thanks Gene :)

I did capture this as I went along and then deleted it as I wasn't happy with it.
I decided later that I did like it ... but the vid was already deleted and emptied from the recycle bin, That'll teach me. I'd saved the RC file so I can have a bash at trying to recreate it but I'll do some vids on some of the other parts too.

Cheers.
Mike.

Mykyndryd_ wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:15 pm
I did capture this as I went along and then deleted it as I wasn't happy with it.
I decided later that I did like it ... but the vid was already deleted and emptied from the recycle bin, That'll teach me. I'd saved the RC file so I can have a bash at trying to recreate it but I'll do some vids on some of the other parts too.

Cheers.
Mike.
oh how many times have I done that.. lol What I do now, is, if I mess something up, I keep the video rolling anyways and verbally mark it. I then go back and edit the bad part out. I guess the technique is called a "rolling take", well, that is what I call it. Unless it gets so bad, I just start over.. (that happens a lot too.. )

I am falling way behind in my video series as that utility program has been eating my time up. I programmed myself into a corner and had to start over with that.

It's happens so many times Gene, you'd think I would have learnt by now :)
Good luck with the coding, it gets addictive after a while. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. A game changer for sure.

Here's part 3 of the "Symphony" all composed in RC and then polished a bit in the DAW.

Part 2 still being worked on!

https://youtu.be/RJW-l_7jV04

Cheers,
Mike.

Amazing, Mike! :clap:
I know I will never be able to compose a symphony, even a short one. It would be very inspiring to see how you composed this, and find out what could be added in RapidComposer to improve the workflow.
Thanks!
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

musicdevelopments wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:20 am Amazing, Mike! :clap:
I know I will never be able to compose a symphony, even a short one. It would be very inspiring to see how you composed this, and find out what could be added in RapidComposer to improve the workflow.
Thanks!
Attila
Thanks Attila. :)
It's the first time I've done anything as challenging as this and I'm trying to make sure that the parts are different yet part of the overall piece, rather than a collection of separate tracks strung together. This has been a huge learning curve for me.

I have captured some of the RC work as I've been going along and will make some tutorials explaining developing themes etc.

There will be one on a short clip using the Markov melody generator (which appears scary at first ), to develop a motive.

Cheers. Mike.

Thanks!
Attila
if you can make a variation generator like what I suggested previously then I can show you how anyone would be able to take any idea and turn it into something very similar even Mike could take this track and turn it into something brand new within a couple of minutes ,you pretty much got most of the features already in different variations it just will take a couple of tweaks to make them work inside a generator.

lovemusic15 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:11 am
Thanks!
Attila
if you can make a variation generator like what I suggested previously then I can show you how anyone would be able to take any idea and turn it into something very similar even Mike could take this track and turn it into something brand new within a couple of minutes ,you pretty much got most of the features already in different variations it just will take a couple of tweaks to make them work inside a generator.
I'm intrigued! Is there a post about the variation generator?

There is already software out there that does this and they have become very popular in a short amount of time but I'm trying to get more people into RC and I know this is the missing piece of the puzzle to do that, just imagine if you had all the features that you get inside the generators but instead of them giving you random variations they would only give you variations locked to the parameters of the phrase that you input . rapidcomposer is great but it's not a programme you can learn in a couple of hours having this option would give people easy access to making stuff very quickly, If Attila can adapt a couple of features that are already inside RC then you'll be able to press one button and change your whole song in one click . That would give a whole new concept to the word rapid.

lovemusic15 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:36 am There is already software out there that does this and they have become very popular in a short amount of time but I'm trying to get more people into RC and I know this is the missing piece of the puzzle to do that, just imagine if you had all the features that you get inside the generators but instead of them giving you random variations they would only give you variations locked to the parameters of the phrase that you input . rapidcomposer is great but it's not a programme you can learn in a couple of hours having this option would give people easy access to making stuff very quickly, If Attila can adapt a couple of features that are already inside RC then you'll be able to press one button and change your whole song in one click . That would give a whole new concept to the word rapid.
Sounds like a useful concept. It would be good if you could get a variation to suggest alternatives to existing phrases in the same vein and also a "what's next" generator that analyses previous phrases and stuctures to predict a range of suggestions too, but as entire multi track affair.

A sort of idea tool with AI. Cheers. Mike.

we are exactly on the same page Mike

I've been talking about this concept for ages and it seems that every other company seems to be doing something similar but yet RC has the tools to make this exceptional and work a lot better than the others .

I've just messaged Attila the relative info .

lovemusic15 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:35 pm I've just messaged Attila the relative info .
:tu:

Cool, thanks!
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”