WHAT!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,
working on a new track and as always i need a lot of feedback on my work so far!
https://soundcloud.com/maarten-pool/what

Please people,, help me out!

after a 100 vieuws.... can someone please tell me whats good about the track and whats not?!
:help:

Listened. It has potential but at only 3 mins it isn't a track yet.

Finish it first and then post it.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

i agree with mushy mushy. hard to really say anything when it doesnt sound finished yet. i can say for me personally...its missing something on the off beats. id put some hats on it.
ImageImageImage

Thnx for the response!
and i agree that its not really finished... but i don't really know how to extend it... I'm trying to avoid long breaks and slow parts,, the goal is to keep moving;) but when I add another part with lets say another variation on the melody it gets to much of the same... and when I add other sounds to that part than it doesn't add up with the rest of the track... and when I add 'the new sound' to the other parts then it gets to messy...
life's hard being a noob:P

yeah, i know the feeling. all i can say is...dont force it. maybe it doesnt need "more". maybe it just needs the elements it has to be polished up a bit. only you know what youre trying to do with it. i know for me...most of the time the track i wind up making isnt what i thought i was going to make when i started. for me personally they tend to take on a life of their own and i just have to go with the flow.

maybe its a weird way to work...but the track tells me what it is...i dont tell it.
ImageImageImage

I really enjoyed it as is. I can agree that maybe a little garnishment might be nice to keep that thumping bass from getting repetitive, if you can do so without it being drowned out. Add if you want, but don't take away from. I loved the attitude in this track.

chaosWyrM wrote:yeah, i know the feeling. all i can say is...dont force it. maybe it doesnt need "more". maybe it just needs the elements it has to be polished up a bit. only you know what youre trying to do with it. i know for me...most of the time the track i wind up making isnt what i thought i was going to make when i started. for me personally they tend to take on a life of their own and i just have to go with the flow.

maybe its a weird way to work...but the track tells me what it is...i dont tell it.
I know exactly what you mean;) it always ends in something different then i first had in mind;)

@andrew,, thnx I'll have another look at what i have and try to make it better;)

thnx for the response!

Return to “Music Cafe”