most flexible Free Vsti?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

You could try all NFG free synths from HGFortune which can load custom SF2 and some of them even WAV): :love:

http://www.hgf-synthesizer.com/nfg---pro-vsti-free.html

And still these:
  • TX16Wx Software Sampler. It is incredible all the features it has and all the amazing things it can do with all the soundfont formats that it accepts.
  • Analog Warfare (subtractive synthesis, FM synthesis, phase distortion synthesis, ring modulation)
  • Atlantis (subtractive synthesis, sample synthesis, wavetables, FM, phase modulation)
  • BR404 (subtractive synthesis, additive synthesis, sample synthesis, FM, formants, multi-segment envelope generator)
  • BR808 (subtractive synthesis (21 waveforms per oscillator), Phase Modulation, Ring Modulation, Amplitude Modulation, Additive, Subtractive, Frequency Modulation, Phase Mul Modulation, Frequency Mul Modulation, formants, multi-segment envelope generator)
  • Crystal (subtractive synthesis, granular synthesis, FM modulation, ring modulation, multi-segment envelope generator)
  • Dionysos (subtractive synthesis, additive synthesis, FM, multi-segment envelope generator)
  • EVOL (subtractive synthesis, waveshaping, FM, ring modulation)
  • FireBird (additive synthesis, Harmonic Content Morphing synthesis (an amazing special kind of synthesis somewhat derived from the PCM wavetable synthesis but here having 84 oscillator types containing 18,000 morphable waveforms with supersaw and 38 different analogue modeled filter types))
  • HADES XT (subtractive synthesis, waveshaping, FM, ring modulation)
  • Kx-Modulad (subtractive synthesis, additive synthesis, sample synthesis, phase modulation, ring modulation, waveshaping, multi-segment envelope generator)
  • Kx-PolyMod (subtractive synthesis, sample synthesis, PCM wavetable synthesis, phase modulation, ring modulation, drums by SF2 samples)
  • Rock (subtractive synthesis, sample synthesis, additive synthesis, FM, ring modulation, waveshaping, multi-segment envelope generator)
  • TAL-NoiseMaker (subtractive synthesis, FM, phase modulation, ring modulation)
All these multi-synthesis / multi-modulation synths are free! And some of them have even an embedded arpeggiator...
Last edited by BlackWinny on Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

LEADS:
prodigious
antitranspirant
phasewave free
obxd
minimoque luxus
voyager
tyrell
zebralette
charlatan
TAl noisemaker
monofury
maestro by Istvan Kaldor
Alieno
a synth
oddyssey synth school one
odsay from elektrostudio collection
triangle 2
Hydi
Rez
Swierk
ichi
brainstormer looks capable but there are no presets maybe an OSC would help people to develop that library some.

PADS:
Alchemy CM
Dune BE
Synth1
Oatmeal
Firebird
PG8X
SQ8L
Nabla
Deputy
NI PLAYERS
SAMPLE TANK FREE
Proteus VX
Synthmaster player
Podolski
Poly 2106
Sonata
Sonigen modular
Zynaddsubfx
M theory / string theory
AAS player
Enzyme
Scanned synth
wusikstation 4000 demo
abstractor
mausynth
various mellotrons like redtron and tapetronic

xoxoxo for fx

Piano and keys: CV and maestro
mr ray
organized trio
church organ 2
combo v
combo f
vl122
sforzando with the free spinnet / harpsichord samples easily found online
sonatina symphony orchestra works well inside this as well. I use that in dimension pro and you can probably use it in alchemy player as well etc...
go to bedroom producers blog and he has some nice recommendations for samples to use in sforzando and other free samplers.
AGML for guitar
Dulcet

MAGWARE: poly kb II cm, dune BE, xils3 BE, Little one BE, WOK sam se BE synthmaster CM/ BE,

it should be mentioned that both Z3ta and Rapture were free in the magazines hope you got that offer it is probably the most powerful combo of FREE synths ever given away by one company. Hands down Rapture wins this discussion because of its versatility to do both leads pads plucks and atmos of all kinds.

Just get them all they are free so why not.

In terms of commercial synths that are useful I have synthmaster, wusikstation 4000, Z3ta2, Rapture, Sample tank if I can get it to work right now I am seeing that it won't and it has registry error pop ups, so I need to completely uninstall all 5 and reinstall them and probably going to need some help from them and I hope I don't have to raise hell to get them to help sucks when a company only offers weekday support and nothing on the weekends, VI ONE an NI kontakt library that has been upgraded to use a newer version of kontakt so thank you guys for that, scanned synth pro, true amber, pentagon, SI Strings, SI electric Piano, AAS strum le, AAS strum acoustic le, drop zone, sound center, tts1 and dimension pro

Drums addictive drums 2 ez drummer 1 and Steven slate.

I also enjoy playing demos of many commercial synths and a few have nice restrictions that do not really hinder you all that much so download and try them all you might be surprised.

Wish list: OPX, VB3, Korg legacy c., minimonsta, aas modeling collection, komplete, Uhe synths, arturia v.c., East West libs, project sam, xils lab, alchemy and omnisphere.

donations greatly appreciated. if you don't want it anymore give it to me.

yessongs wrote:Sample tank if I can get it to work right now I am seeing that it won't and it has registry error pop ups, so I need to completely uninstall all 5 and reinstall them and probably going to need some help from them and I hope I don't have to raise hell to get them to help sucks when a company only offers weekday support and nothing on the weekends
With Sampletank 2.5 (every editions) you must start your DAW in administrator mode, simply.

It won't be necessary anymore with Sampletank 3.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Examigan wrote:http://www.u-he.com/cms/zebralette

I know it can't do everything, but it's great anyway.

:)
Multiple instances all linked to one keyboard would be interesting. Haven't tried that yet.

Maybe G200KG's modular synth?
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

RunBeerRun wrote:Maybe G200KG's modular synth?
:tu:
:tu: All is good

Most of the time, my money is on Oatmeal. That synth is just so well designed. Complexity is great, but at some point it just becomes unnecessary.

However, I'd vote for BR808 and Atlantis. It's too bad BR808 is not very stable. It feels so much like the Kurzweil VAST architecture that I love so much.

Oatmeal. Hard to beat its flexibility when you can draw your own waveforms and not only use its LFOs and EGs, but also the excellent randomized joystick field with 4 targets for both axes, add to that 2 filters with 15 different modes and parallel or serial configuration and the great arpeggiator and per-note tuning and a great unison mode and note pitch/pan/amp randomizer and... Yes its flexibility is epic. :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Synth1 obviously, Oatmeal's also pretty great, I really like SQ8L it's sound isn't as varied as the others but with all the presets I can usually find a usable sound with it.
http://drunk3nj3sus.blogspot.com/ < My blog
Free samples, presets, etc.

Kruudster.
PM, FM, drawable waveforms. Different merge modes (meld, morph).
Audio rate LFOs make for FM crazyness.

Diva CM, she is pretty flexable :hihi:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

can somebody tell me "Bar9 & Datsik - Droid" pad which preset is!i konw i heard it from synth1 but dont know which one.

Years later. Zampler. Lots of free banks available. Will load Sfz and rex files too.

Return to “Instruments”