Ableton Push support is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Push

Vic Sounds wrote:I selected Push in the Controllers Tab but MIDIIN2 (Ableton Push) and MIDIOUT2 (Ableton Push) doesn't appear. I can select only "Ableton Push live Port" or "Ableton Push User Port" and selecting user mode nothing happens. I've tried to restart computer, deleting the script and copying it another time but nothing change.
From the port naming I guess you are on a Mac?! There you must use "Ableton Push User Port". Does autodetect not work?

reflex58 wrote:Have not been ableto get the "RunPush2" program to take over the Push 2 display, Bitwig loads and the Push 2 script runs
I am able to take over the Push 2 display with terminal by "cd to the "push2Display" directory", and running "java -cp "*" push22bitwig.Push22Bitwig" (The command Moss gave earlier in the post
Only thing i can figure is that when I use terminal I am using Java in OS X
With "RunPush2" program I am running java that is internal to bitwig
Since the Java version that comes with Bitwig is not the latest release it might not support JavaFX which I use for the user interface.

codec17 wrote:Hi!

Maybe i overlooked something here. Or didnt read/searched well here.

But when i put a FX-track IN a group, the send buttons/knobs dont correspond anymore with the FX-tracks.
When deleting or put the FX-track aside the master track its normal again. :idea:
I hope this is a bug, because i like my fx sends in the group.
I ask here instead sending to tech because i dont got a clue whats under the hood with all this. :dog: :hihi:

But wow having fun with push.. specially now ive got it a while and it becomes my second nature to control things! Amazing! thnx again! :hug: :clap:
How do you put FX tracks in a group? From my understanding grouping FX tracks is not possible.

Redukt wrote: While playing around with Ableton + Push i noticed that while in step sequencer mode, you can use the touchstrip to navigate vertically through your selected scale in small increments - very useful if i want to set a step that's below the selected root note. In Bitwig it's only possible jump up and down per octave - is this a limitation of the API or do you plan to implement that in the future? Or am i doing something wrong?
Since I never liked that feature I did not implement it.
Redukt wrote: Another minor thing: Is it possible to always see the horizontal orientation of the session mode first when pressing the "session" button? I never use the vertical mix view so i always have to push the session button twice to get to my preferred orientation.
Good idea, I can put that into a preference.

moss wrote:
Redukt wrote: While playing around with Ableton + Push i noticed that while in step sequencer mode, you can use the touchstrip to navigate vertically through your selected scale in small increments - very useful if i want to set a step that's below the selected root note. In Bitwig it's only possible jump up and down per octave - is this a limitation of the API or do you plan to implement that in the future? Or am i doing something wrong?
Since I never liked that feature I did not implement it.
Too bad, I find it very useful myself. :(
Maybe shift + arrow down could do the same?

moss wrote:
Redukt wrote:I never use the vertical mix view so i always have to push the session button twice to get to my preferred orientation.
Good idea, I can put that into a preference.
Awesome! Totally second that.

Thanks!

moss wrote:
codec17 wrote:Hi!

Maybe i overlooked something here. Or didnt read/searched well here.

But when i put a FX-track IN a group, the send buttons/knobs dont correspond anymore with the FX-tracks.
When deleting or put the FX-track aside the master track its normal again. :idea:
I hope this is a bug, because i like my fx sends in the group.
I ask here instead sending to tech because i dont got a clue whats under the hood with all this. :dog: :hihi:

But wow having fun with push.. specially now ive got it a while and it becomes my second nature to control things! Amazing! thnx again! :hug: :clap:
How do you put FX tracks in a group? From my understanding grouping FX tracks is not possible.
Hi moss thnx for your answer and time, but i mean fx in a group not group the fx tracks. like this:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

[/quote]
moss wrote:
reflex58 wrote:Have not been ableto get the "RunPush2" program to take over the Push 2 display, Bitwig loads and the Push 2 script runs
I am able to take over the Push 2 display with terminal by "cd to the "push2Display" directory", and running "java -cp "*" push22bitwig.Push22Bitwig" (The command Moss gave earlier in the post
Only thing i can figure is that when I use terminal I am using Java in OS X
With "RunPush2" program I am running java that is internal to bitwig
Since the Java version that comes with Bitwig is not the latest release it might not support JavaFX which I use for the user interface.
[/quote]

This is working with BWS internal java

moss wrote: How do you put FX tracks in a group? From my understanding grouping FX tracks is not possible.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

codec17 wrote: Hi moss thnx for your answer and time, but i mean fx in a group not group the fx tracks. like this:
That's interesting. I did not know that you can drag & drop the FX track into a group. I am not sure if that is not even a bug in Bitwig Studio. Because when you drag it outside of a group it turns into an audio channel. That is also the reason why you dont see it in the groups subtracks since fx tracks do not appear in the normal track bank observer. If you switch to the fx track observer (press Track button twice) the fx channels are still there.

You should ask Bitwig support about it.

ups

moss wrote:From the port naming I guess you are on a Mac?! There you must use "Ableton Push User Port". Does autodetect not work?
Yes, I use Mac, it does autodetect and it finds push1 also, configuring to "Ableton Push User Port" but nothing change on the controller. I don´t know if it has something to do with but my push is firmware updated with ableton 9.5

Vic Sounds wrote:
moss wrote:From the port naming I guess you are on a Mac?! There you must use "Ableton Push User Port". Does autodetect not work?
Yes, I use Mac, it does autodetect and it finds push1 also, configuring to "Ableton Push User Port" but nothing change on the controller. I don´t know if it has something to do with but my push is firmware updated with ableton 9.5
I updated the Firmware as well, so this should not be the problem. Do you see an error in the script dialog?

moss wrote:I updated the Firmware as well, so this should not be the problem. Do you see an error in the script dialog?
Yes, this is what i see in Push.control.js:

Called init()
TypeError: Cannot find function addPreRollClickObserver in object com.bitwig.flt.control_surface.intention.sections.TransportSection@2cd6d2f3. (TransportProxy.js#55)
TypeError: Cannot call method "flush" of null (Push.control.js#39)

Also, Push says: 'Ableton Push - Please start Live to play'

Vic Sounds wrote:
moss wrote:I updated the Firmware as well, so this should not be the problem. Do you see an error in the script dialog?
Yes, this is what i see in Push.control.js:

Called init()
TypeError: Cannot find function addPreRollClickObserver in object com.bitwig.flt.control_surface.intention.sections.TransportSection@2cd6d2f3. (TransportProxy.js#55)

Also, Push says: 'Ableton Push - Please start Live to play'
This function was introduced in Bitwig Studio 1.2. Are you running an old 1.1.x version?

Return to “Controller Scripting”