AIR Instrument Expansion Pack, thoughts?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hybrid 3 Loom Classic Strike Structure Transfuser Vacuum Pro Velvet

I just realised Vacuum Pro only comes in 64-bit and since I run a 32-bit host (I still use many "legacy" plugins), I'm going to pass.
Besides, I didn't really need them anyway... :wink:
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

If you want to upgrade cheap, I sell my Vacuum Pro for 60 Euro. The upgrade will cost than 129,99 Dollar what is a bargain for all this stuff ;)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

soulata wrote:
murnau wrote:
Karten wrote:I don't get their pricing.
You can buy Vacuum Pro and upgrade for $129 (total $278) or you can buy the collection for $299.
yep, and OTOT i upgraded from Vacuum to EP 2 for something around $150 and the upgrade from EP2 to EP2.02 is $30 and not free. so i "lost" $50 because i upgraded a few weeks ago. thats not so nice.
Yeah, how about the upgrade price from the original Pro Tools Instruments Expansion pack -

upgrade from v1 to v2 was 99$, upgrade from v2 to the recent one is 29$, I didn't upgrade at the time because I left Pro Tools and did not need AAX and now my only option is 299$ "upgrade" price.

That did not make my day in any shape or form!

k
I bought the expansion pack when it was V1. I got a voucher from AIR saying that the upgrade was $99 - but apparently this was a temporary offer. I didn't pull the trigger because of internet connection issues at home. I've been able to resolve that issue but just found out that the ugprade is now $299. Pretty tough indeed. I was going to finally upgrade, but now I probably won't.

murnau wrote:upgrade from your vacuum pro to the full bundle is $129 not $299.. ..grab it mate! it's a fantastic bundle of vsti's.. ;) i think it's a must have for everybody who jumped on the recent vacuum sale.
Great that they didn't take long to release the full bundle. I didn't buy Vacuum Pro when it was available, but those who did has a chance to fill up their harddrives with goodies now, 50 + 129 = $179

That's not much when the requirements for the package is "70GB free hard drive space (Download and Installation)"

Your getting a lot of content for sure :)

JONK wrote:
soulata wrote:
murnau wrote:
Karten wrote:I don't get their pricing.
You can buy Vacuum Pro and upgrade for $129 (total $278) or you can buy the collection for $299.
yep, and OTOT i upgraded from Vacuum to EP 2 for something around $150 and the upgrade from EP2 to EP2.02 is $30 and not free. so i "lost" $50 because i upgraded a few weeks ago. thats not so nice.
Yeah, how about the upgrade price from the original Pro Tools Instruments Expansion pack -

upgrade from v1 to v2 was 99$, upgrade from v2 to the recent one is 29$, I didn't upgrade at the time because I left Pro Tools and did not need AAX and now my only option is 299$ "upgrade" price.

That did not make my day in any shape or form!

k
I bought the expansion pack when it was V1. I got a voucher from AIR saying that the upgrade was $99 - but apparently this was a temporary offer. I didn't pull the trigger because of internet connection issues at home. I've been able to resolve that issue but just found out that the ugprade is now $299. Pretty tough indeed. I was going to finally upgrade, but now I probably won't.
I'm in the same boat (i used v1 in pro tools) but sent them a mail and got a discount voucher. $129 for v1 customers of the pack. Ask for a discount.

I'm in the same boat (i used v1 in pro tools) but sent them a mail and got a discount voucher. $129 for v1 customers of the pack. Ask for a discount.
Hm. Was this recently? I actually did email them last weekend and was told that the upgrade pricing was no longer available for V1 guys.

2 or 3 weeks ago, when i realised the whole pack was available as vst. Drop a mail to the guy who sent you the voucher asking for a new one :shrug:

budweiser wrote:2 or 3 weeks ago, when i realised the whole pack was available as vst. Drop a mail to the guy who sent you the voucher asking for a new one :shrug:
I'll give it a shot! Thank you!!!!!

I had a look at the email I got in October when the v2 expansion pack was released and there no was no mention of a cutoff date for the upgrade – I'd remind them of that. Never mind that the situation seems to be a bit perverse if you need to pay full price for a full pack upgrade when simply buying Velvet and upgrading is $50 cheaper.

However,this is InMusic, where the left hand never seems to know what the right hand is doing.

Gamma-UT wrote:I had a look at the email I got in October when the v2 expansion pack was released and there no was no mention of a cutoff date for the upgrade – I'd remind them of that. Never mind that the situation seems to be a bit perverse if you need to pay full price for a full pack upgrade when simply buying Velvet and upgrading is $50 cheaper.

However,this is InMusic, where the left hand never seems to know what the right hand is doing.

Hey thanks! I just re-read the email I got from them with the voucher as well, and saw no cutoff date. I contacted them again and asked for the discounted upgrade price. Hopefully they'll help.

Cheers, guys!!
Jon

Gamma-UT wrote:I had a look at the email I got in October when the v2 expansion pack was released and there no was no mention of a cutoff date for the upgrade – I'd remind them of that. Never mind that the situation seems to be a bit perverse if you need to pay full price for a full pack upgrade when simply buying Velvet and upgrading is $50 cheaper.

Indeed. Ive got Loom, and I'd had an email with a code from October, but it turned out it wasnt valid. So I tried their automatic system which is supposed to request a new one, only to get an automated response I wasnt elegible because I didnt have any products registered.
So I emailed them, and explained all this, and the reply basically said my old code was for a different product and wasnt valid. Erm, yeah, got the bit that it wasnt valid, I just told you that. Even though its only the difference between V2 and V2.02. So I had to email them back, and reiterate that I was actually asking for a new code, or an explanation of why I wasnt entitled to upgrade.
At which point I was then asked to provide some proof of ownership. Even though everything from my order number to the date I bought it was in the -first- email. So I had to send my original order confirmation.
I finally got a new code, but without a single explanation, or apology, or anything.
:bang:
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

^^ yeah it's tricky, but this pack is worth it. What a pleasure to see strike, hybrid & transfuser running in cubase !

Is there a possibility to import wavetables in Hybrid 3 or not ?
Synth Anatomy

FYI, none of the AIR Instrument Expansion Pack instruments appear to be working in Studio One v2.62
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Ableton is Vacuum Pro no problem and I see Studio One 2.6.2 problem to loading

I can say, I have the same problems
Synth Anatomy

Return to “Instruments”