Curve 2 Sound Design Challenge: And the winners are..

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Curve

satYatunes wrote:^^^ Yes, it's possible. Just sync it when you are ready to upload your presets.
That would be : Bring my PC online for a short time.

What I'm meaning is ,if its possible to transport the presets (in a USB stick) to another PC and upload them from there(it will be a public PC).

Not sure if the question is well writed, (my english is bad...)

Thanks...

^^^ hmm, I don't think that's possible unless the public PC has Curve 2 installed. Sync functionality is inside the synth itself.
Another option is, you send it to the Curve 2 guys through e-mail and they add it to the database for you. Let's wait to hear from Jakob if this is okay.

There is no manual for this synth, correct? It would have been helpful, if it had. I know it shows help text on the synth, I wanted to read it on another computer (read work ;-) where I cannot install Curve 2.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Since the most bombastic patches will win, I guess there is no point in participating as a fan of subtle sounds and mere emulations of real instruments 8)

Anyway, good idea to boost sales by making zillions of people download the demo :roll:

fluffy_little_something wrote: Anyway, good idea to boost sales by making zillions of people download the demo :roll:
So why the rolling eyes? :shrug:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

J.Ruegg wrote:That would be : Bring my PC online for a short time.

What I'm meaning is ,if its possible to transport the presets (in a USB stick) to another PC and upload them from there(it will be a public PC).
Hello, indeed (as satYatunes wrote) you need to be online for submitting the presets. Transferring the database from one PC to another via USB stick is not possible.

But: You can send me your database via email (to contact@cableguys.de) if you want to, and we'll upload them for you, so they can take part in the contest. If you want to do this, then one or two days before June 1 would be nice, so that we have the time to take care of it until June 1 (the contest deadline).

satYatunes wrote:There is no manual for this synth, correct? It would have been helpful, if it had. I know it shows help text on the synth, I wanted to read it on another computer (read work ;-) where I cannot install Curve 2.
Yes, there's no manual. But we have a page for the not so obvious features, plus some videos on the contest page.

Downloaded it, demoed it for 5 minutes, uninstalled it.
It sounds ok, though a big on the cold and digital side. Seems to be a CPU hog, I got the typical cracking sounds I am used to from Diva and Spire...
Nor did I like the user interface (too dark and depressing, ergonomically challenged) and the way it works, simply too unconventional and graphical for my taste, I suppose :) Others might love it because of that, though...

fluffy_little_something wrote:Downloaded it, demoed it for 5 minutes, uninstalled it.
It sounds ok, though a big on the cold and digital side. Seems to be a CPU hog, I got the typical cracking sounds I am used to from Diva and Spire...
Nor did I like the user interface (too dark and depressing, ergonomically challenged) and the way it works, simply too unconventional and graphical for my taste, I suppose :) Others might love it because of that, though...
Maybe you should have demoed it a bit longer?

It's one of the greatest synths out there, and it can also make incredible "warm" sounds - only the price is too high for my budget at the moment...

Tricky-Loops wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Downloaded it, demoed it for 5 minutes, uninstalled it.
Maybe you should have demoed it a bit longer?

It's one of the greatest synths out there, and it can also make incredible "warm" sounds - only the price is too high for my budget at the moment...
Maybe yes, but it's like with women, either it is love at first sight, or not :hihi:

And even if you had the money, it would take you years to download the license key :hihi:

Am I right in understanding that the demo will not allow you to load a preset that you have saved?

UncleAge wrote:Am I right in understanding that the demo will not allow you to load a preset that you have saved?
You can open all presets that you have saved in Curve's Preset Library, even with the demo.

Jakob / Cableguys wrote:
J.Ruegg wrote:That would be : Bring my PC online for a short time.

Hello, indeed (as satYatunes wrote) you need to be online for submitting the presets. Transferring the database from one PC to another via USB stick is not possible.

But: You can send me your database via email (to contact@cableguys.de) if you want to, and we'll upload them for you, so they can take part in the contest. If you want to do this, then one or two days before June 1 would be nice, so that we have the time to take care of it until June 1 (the contest deadline).
Thank you!, If I cann't bring my system online, I will send the database to you.

Thanks again!!

Sometimes, your private presets might have been hidden after syncing with the demo version - we've just fixed that, check the new version of Curve 2.

Wow, what a great sounding synth. There are some very good sound designers that did these presets. I don't know if I can hang with them, but what the heck. The wave drawing should be interesting.

I made few patches and pressed sync button.
I can edit my profile but can't find author name section.
And I care "was my preset really synced"?
please help :cry:
AZur Studio - Free soundset for VSTi
http://bji.yukihotaru.com/vst.html

Return to “Instruments”