Pianoteq 5 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pianoteq Studio Bundle

thetechnobear wrote:K2 is a replacement for K1, which you already have in v4 ( i think) - so you get K2.
K2 is completely different tonality than K1, so it's not a simple "replacement". At least I wouldn't look at it that way...

Oh, what a nice surprise. Just installed Pianoteq 5 which I found in my account. The folks at Modartt rock ;)

Edit: I just compared some presets from v4 to v5 and some sound very different. Most notably the low notes sound much more realistic and overall the sound is less mid-heavy.

Really starting to consider taking the leap with the Standard version here.
(I've only demo'd the version 4).
As a first time buyer, I'm assuming the two packs I get are the D4 and K2 only or can I choose the two pianos? (I'm only interested in the acoustics atm).

You can choose between flavours: PTQ5 + D4 + K2, or PTQ5 + Rhodes + Wurly + Clavinet, or PTQ5 + chromatic percussion.

EvilDragon wrote:You can choose between flavours: PTQ5 + D4 + K2, or PTQ5 + Rhodes + Wurly + Clavinet, or PTQ5 + chromatic percussion.
:tu:
Need to spend more time just getting to know the PTQ5 then.
Do they have sale seasons I should know about?

Sometimes Xmas, sometimes Easter, sometimes summer.

funny, i bought pianoteq4 but never really used it (i keep going back to the 'grand piano' in logic).
but just updated (for free, woohoo!), and...it's pretty nice.
did an A-B with the logic piano; fuller sound, more realistic...and lots of options.

think i'm gonna use this one for a while, it's NICE.

v4 was already miles ahead many other sample based libs. v5 is even better.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Well, the 29€ upgrade was a no-brainer. Problem is, the upgrade suddenly makes the YC5 piano sound so good I had a sudden craving for that as well!

Fortunately, even though it's advertised as 49€ on the web page, it was only 29€ when i checked out. So, sort of 20€ off if you will... :wink:
pethu.se/music-releases
Not a part of the loudness war!

In 2008 i purchased Truepianos as i preferred the sound of Pianoteq (not sure which version at that time). Now with v5 it is maybe time to check the demo again. During the last years there were also a few nice updates to Truepianos and it's also 64-bit now.

One point with Pianoteq seems to be that there are a lot more different models and you could tweak the sound yourseld (at least with the more expensive versions).At the moment besides Truepianos (and some sample based Pianos including some custom ones for my Motif ES 7) i got Electric and Tenssion from Live 9 Suite which both are great for Electric Pianos and other stuff (e.g. plucked sounds) but not really for realistic Grand Pianos.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Thanks, I see now.
Karten wrote:
tradivoro wrote:Hi Evildragon, my user area says the download the latest upgrade 4.51. Does this mean that the pianoteq 5 is still not available? I don't see an upgrade path to 5? Any info appreciated, thanks.
Pianoteq 5 is available (I just installed it)
To upgrade, find the "upgrades" option in the "product" menu. Then click on the first upgrade option and enter the serial number you would like upgraded.

I think I will buy the upgrade to Stage 5 in the next few weeks. I currently have Play 3, which has (I think) the K1, C3 and M3 pianos. Does anyone know if, when I upgrade to Stage 5, the K2 and D4 are in addition to the K1, C3 and M3, or does Stage 5 only have the K2 and D4 (replacing the original K1, C3 and M3)?

Thanks!

In addition to - you will need to download the V3.ptq file from your User area to keep on using those models in Pianoteq 5.

Got it - thanks, ED!

Deleted
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Return to “Instruments”