Birdmen - uplifting trance

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/recursion-loop/birdmen

Written at one of the delicious sunny beaches in Crna Gora.

Melodic trance, kinda oldschool. Contains the compulsory supresaws, but they are well hidden beneath other things, so you probably won't even notice them :D
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

I thought there's something wrong with the track, but couldn't find out what. All the meters show it's correct.
Did you use some artifical widening plugins maybe?

You can take it as it's properly engineered :P, maybe just not my taste?
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote:I thought there's something wrong with the track, but couldn't find out what. All the meters show it's correct.
Did you use some artifical widening plugins maybe?

You can take it as it's properly engineered :P, maybe just not my taste?
You think stereo image is wrong? Well, obviously, what you hear is much more important than what you see in the analysers. Actually, I didn't use any stereo mangling anywhere (except for making everything mono below 100Hz with a MS eq), may be I've added too much reverb though.

Thing is, I almost don't listen to anything trance released after 2010, so I have no idea how it is mixed now.

Many thanks for the input.

Someone else? :oops:

Please give me some insight on mixing. Today I've listened to it again and found that certain synths are too obnoxious (they sounded fine to me yesterday, though), and I am curious how the whole thing will sound to other people's ears.

On the other hand, I think the main melody is not too bad :wink:

I have tweaked the mix (the link in the OP is updated), removed excessive stereo widening and reverb (thanks for the tips, DJ Warmonger!), also made the abrasive synths slightly less abrasive.

Dunno why I spend so much time with this (apparently not so interesting) track, but I like it for some reason.

Return to “Music Cafe”