-*-

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Howard wrote:I have this skin crashing Reaper... probably because I don't understand the EvilDragon instructions yet.

I want all my themes in the "Themes" folder, so I copied the "Data" folder from the unzipped skin into "Themes" and renamed it "SpacedOut". What next? (sorry for being a bit dumb here)
Remove the MFM2default.txt and MFM2.txt from the package, and rename MFM2spacedout.txt to MFM2.txt. That should do it (not crash Reaper anymore). After this you should be able to see the skin in the right-click menu, as well as "make default" it :)

BTW, here's my "orangified" version, similar to my Zebra 2 orange skin!

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=f5xXFdxH

Howard wrote:I have this skin crashing Reaper... probably because I don't understand the EvilDragon instructions yet.

I want all my themes in the "Themes" folder, so I copied the "Data" folder from the unzipped skin into "Themes" and renamed it "SpacedOut". What next? (sorry for being a bit dumb here)
I updated the package. If you haven't been able to figure out a way to install it yet, you should download the new version. I updated my installation instructions in my original post. (Basically, if you don't have any other skins for MFM2, you can just extract the zip file into your MFM2.data directory, and let it overwrite when it asks.)

I hope this does the trick!

aMUSEd wrote:Yeah but the problem is this; if I am using my keyboard to play an instrument fed through the delay, I can't at the same time use it to send midi notes to the delay - that's where having the builtin keyboard comes in handy.
Ah, that's a good use case that I hadn't thought of. I only tried using the keyboard part of MFM2 on a pre-recorded part, and then only briefly. I'll see what I can do - but no promises... As I stated in my first post, I'm suffering from a "skinning burnout"...

This is great! Thanks for sharing the work. This has a nice related workflow with the other u-he plugs...

Thanks for the great skin and thanks to Evil Dragon on his hint on how to make it work!
Best,
Scott

I guess this skin could even boost U-he sales of MFM - excellent job! Has this 'Ableton'/Native Instruments-Style which I love...

Eclectus wrote:I updated the package. If you haven't been able to figure out a way to install it yet, you should download the new version. I updated my installation instructions in my original post. (Basically, if you don't have any other skins for MFM2, you can just extract the zip file into your MFM2.data directory, and let it overwrite when it asks.)
There's absolutely no need for the Data folder in your package. :oops: You only really need Support/Themes folder. Then the user will see your skin the next time they load MFM2, and after they choose it they can go "make default" with it, which basically rewrites the MFM2default.txt with the necessary theme info.

EvilDragon wrote:There's absolutely no need for the Data folder in your package. :oops: You only really need Support/Themes folder. Then the user will see your skin the next time they load MFM2, and after they choose it they can go "make default" with it, which basically rewrites the MFM2default.txt with the necessary theme info.
Oh man, finally I understand how it all works! I have so much to learn... I have updated the package and the installation instructions accordingly. It should be fixed now! Thanks for your help, it's very valuable to me, and the community! :clap:

EvilDragon wrote:
Howard wrote:I have this skin crashing Reaper... probably because I don't understand the EvilDragon instructions yet. I want all my themes in the "Themes" folder, so I copied the "Data" folder from the unzipped skin into "Themes" and renamed it "SpacedOut". What next? (sorry for being a bit dumb here)
Remove the MFM2default.txt and MFM2.txt from the package, and rename MFM2spacedout.txt to MFM2.txt. That should do it (not crash Reaper anymore). After this you should be able to see the skin in the right-click menu, as well as "make default" it :)
There isn't an "MFM2default.txt" or "MFM2spacedout.txt" - "MFM2.txt" is the only file in "Scripts". I now get a message saying the resource files couldn't be found. I'm more confused...

Mac OSX, Reaper.

Hmmm, ok. That's how it should be. When you go to Data/Scripts, you should see these files there:

EditorSetup.txt
MFM2.txt
MFM2cinnamon.txt
MFM2default.txt
MFM2hardboiled.txt

Try editing MFM2default.txt so that it says:

THEME name='Spaced Out'

I can't remember what was in this file by default. But it should work with it set like this, now.

Howard wrote:There isn't an "MFM2default.txt" or "MFM2spacedout.txt" - "MFM2.txt" is the only file in "Scripts". I now get a message saying the resource files couldn't be found. I'm more confused...
Mac OSX, Reaper.
That message seems to be the result of messed up configuration files - I had a lot of those myself, until I understood how this works. This is how my configuration files look like now:

MFM2.data/Data/Scripts/MFM2.txt:

Code: Select all

ALTERNATIVE name='cinnamon' filename='MFM2cinnamon.txt'

ALTERNATIVE name='hard-boiled' filename='MFM2hardboiled.txt'

INCLUDE filename='default'
(This file tells MFM2 to look for the given file names in the Data/Scripts folder. Since mods are not in the Data/Scripts folder, you cannot add them here.)

MFM2.data/Data/Scripts/MFM2default.txt:

Code: Select all

THEME name='Spaced Out'
(This file tells MFM2 what default theme to use when loading. Using 'Spaced Out' will work if you have my mod in the themes folder, in a folder called 'Spaced Out'.)

That should be all that is required. If you should add any other themes in the Themes folder, MFM2 should pick them up automatically.

Thanks Eclectus :-)

I uploaded a minor update to 1.03. It now has something of a proper logo, and some images are slightly tweaked for better results when resizing the plugin. I also uploaded better screenshots. See the original post for all of that. Enjoy!

I'm on a Mac, does anyone have a step by step guide to installing this skin? I don't have a data folder , but I do have an Images folder and a Scripts folder under Library/Application Support/u-he/MFM2.

Do I merge the contents of the image folder in the download? What do I do with the scripts folder/text file?

Thanks so much!

Return to “u-he”