-*-

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There still seem to be some artifacts when resizing the GUI at higher than 110%. Random arrows appearing out of nowhere? O.o;

truelight wrote:I'm on a Mac, does anyone have a step by step guide to installing this skin? I don't have a data folder , but I do have an Images folder and a Scripts folder under Library/Application Support/u-he/MFM2.

Do I merge the contents of the image folder in the download? What do I do with the scripts folder/text file?

Thanks so much!
Could it be that you do not have the latest version of MFM 2? Latest version is rev 2570.

EvilDragon wrote:There still seem to be some artifacts when resizing the GUI at higher than 110%. Random arrows appearing out of nowhere? O.o;
Yeah, noticed those myself. I reported these issues and U-He is aware of them. I hope they find a solution! Meanwhile, the arrows disappear when you open and close the browser.

Eclectus wrote: Could it be that you do not have the latest version of MFM 2? Latest version is rev 2570.

I installed 2750 the other day, and in /Library/Application Support/u-he/MFM2 I only have the Images and Scripts folders. Should there be more there, or is there somewhere else I should be looking? How do I go about installing the script?

Thanks so much :)

That's strange and I have no idea what's going on. It could be that you have two data folders for MFM 2 on your mac. Happened to me - the installers sometimes pick a different location than the one that you selected in a previous installation... Maybe you could do a search and see if you have another MFM2 folder on your system? In any case, do not overwrite the contents of the scripts folder, it will probably break your installation. Sorry I can't be of more help, but maybe someone else with a mac could chime in here? (I have a PC...)

truelight wrote:
Eclectus wrote: Could it be that you do not have the latest version of MFM 2? Latest version is rev 2570.

I installed 2750 the other day, and in /Library/Application Support/u-he/MFM2 I only have the Images and Scripts folders. Should there be more there, or is there somewhere else I should be looking? How do I go about installing the script?

Thanks so much :)
I just downloaded the file. On my Mac it actually unzipped itself into my Downloads folder. I just copied the Spaced Out folder and pasted it into ~/Library/Application Support/u-he/Themes. Then I launched my DAW and loaded MFM2. When I right clicked on blank space in the GUI, the Spaced Out theme was right there in the menu. Selected it and it worked straight away.

Be sure to copy the Spaced Out folder into the Themes folder (not into MFM2 folder). It may be that if you do not have other U-he applications installed that have alternate themes, that there will be no 'Themes' folder. Don't despair, just create the Themes folder under the u-he folder and copy the Spaced Out theme into it.

FYI: If the Themes folder was already there, and you have Zebra2 installed, you will see an Unempty Dark Horse folder in the Themes folder. No worries, place the Spaced Out theme for MFM2 into the Themes folder also. The apps are smart enough to know what to do.

Cheers.

ho66it wrote:I just downloaded the file. On my Mac it actually unzipped itself into my Downloads folder. I just copied the Spaced Out folder and pasted it into ~/Library/Application Support/u-he/Themes. Then I launched my DAW and loaded MFM2. When I right clicked on blank space in the GUI, the Spaced Out theme was right there in the menu. Selected it and it worked straight away.

Be sure to copy the Spaced Out folder into the Themes folder (not into MFM2 folder). It may be that if you do not have other U-he applications installed that have alternate themes, that there will be no 'Themes' folder. Don't despair, just create the Themes folder under the u-he folder and copy the Spaced Out theme into it.
Thank you so much for these instructions! I have updated the original post to reflect what you explained. I hope that everyone can now easily install this theme. I feel really sorry for all the confusion that my original, complicated installation procedures have caused. Wish I had known how easy this could all be done before I published. Alas... :(

Looks great, thanks for sharing! :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

ho66it wrote:I just downloaded the file. On my Mac it actually unzipped itself into my Downloads folder. I just copied the Spaced Out folder and pasted it into ~/Library/Application Support/u-he/Themes. Then I launched my DAW and loaded MFM2. When I right clicked on blank space in the GUI, the Spaced Out theme was right there in the menu. Selected it and it worked straight away.

Just a quick note, I believe the location you pasted is incorrect. The ~ (tilde) slash library location means the user library folder. I tried creating the Themes folder there and it didn't work.

There was already a Themes folder already in the root library folder, placing the new theme there was what worked. Looks great, thanks!

truelight wrote:

Just a quick note, I believe the location you pasted is incorrect. The ~ (tilde) slash library location means the user library folder. I tried creating the Themes folder there and it didn't work.

There was already a Themes folder already in the root library folder, placing the new theme there was what worked. Looks great, thanks!
Thanks for the correction! I meant the root library folder :)

I can't believe how many people had problems with the original skin! People seem to think in straight line, add curves and they're lost!

Great skin BTW! (though I'll still use the original) Thanks for sharing!

Thank you all for the kind comments and help so far! I'm really happy with it :)
xx JPRacer xx wrote:I can't believe how many people had problems with the original skin! People seem to think in straight line, add curves and they're lost!
Yeah, that was entirely my fault. In my original post I didn't understand how the themes folder works, so I included fixes for things that didn't need fixing... Also, I am on PC and wasn't aware that themes work differently on Mac! All of that is fixed now. (?)
xx JPRacer xx wrote:Great skin BTW! (though I'll still use the original) Thanks for sharing!
Any particular reason why you're not using the skin? I know that the lack of a keyboard is holding some people back, but there might be more issues that I don't (yet) know of.

Eclectus wrote:Any particular reason why you're not using the skin? I know that the lack of a keyboard is holding some people back, but there might be more issues that I don't (yet) know of.
No reason. I'm just used to the original, it has grown on me I think.

I installed this skin for MFM2 rev2709.

In my Win64 PC when I first select this theme from UI's Look-button, about 25% of the UI is white, the right most part of it.
If I close MFM2 UI and then re-open it, then the UI shows ok.
Also if I make this skin default then it shows ok the first time when the UI opens.

Nice skins. Certainly seems a lot more accessible and less scary. May have to give the demo a blast now.

Return to “u-he”