One Synth Challenge #68: Synth1 by Ichiro Toda

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

H-man wrote:Nice to have 32-64, and Mac AU/VST as well. I want to make a joke about available presets but I don't think I'll even bother. :roll:
If I'm reading it right the AU is 32-bit so no Logic X support, correct?

dumbledog wrote:
H-man wrote:Nice to have 32-64, and Mac AU/VST as well. I want to make a joke about available presets but I don't think I'll even bother. :roll:
If I'm reading it right the AU is 32-bit so no Logic X support, correct?
Not sure if you're aware - there are some potential work arounds: http://music.tutsplus.com/tutorials/qui ... udio-19993

H-man wrote: I want to make a joke about available presets but I don't think I'll even bother. :roll:
There just aint enough ... :hihi: :dog:
dB

doctorbob wrote:
H-man wrote: I want to make a joke about available presets but I don't think I'll even bother. :roll:
dB
If only I could count the number of presets I downloaded as my musical talent... I'd be set...

z.prime wrote:
doctorbob wrote:
dB
If only I could count the number of presets I downloaded as my musical talent... I'd be set...
Just worked out... If i spent 30 seconds checking out each of the available presets it would cost about 90hrs non-stop.
Not got that much time so I guess i'll just have to design my own :)

RichardSemper wrote:
z.prime wrote:
doctorbob wrote:
dB
Just worked out... If i spent 30 seconds checking out each of the available presets it would cost about 90hrs non-stop.
Oh crap, we might get like 5 entries this month then!

bjporter wrote:
RichardSemper wrote:
z.prime wrote:
doctorbob wrote:
dB
Oh crap, we might get like 5 entries this month then!
And here, I was like: "maybe this month I'll listen through the presets instead of building everything from scratch"...

I'm not able to load up the AU into Logic Pro - validation failure:

AU Validation Tool
Version: 1.6.1a1
Copyright 2003-2007, Apple, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Specify -h (-help) for command options

--------------------------------------------------
VALIDATING AUDIO UNIT: 'aumu' - 'syn1' - 'daic'
ERROR: Manufacturer OSType should have at least one non-lower case character: 'daic'
Manufacturer String: Daichi
AudioUnit Name: Synth1
Component Version: 1.0.0 (0x10000)
Component's Bundle Version: 1.0.0

* * FAIL
TESTING OPEN TIMES:
COLD:
checkSSE:1
Time to open AudioUnit: 111.338 ms
WARM:
Time to open AudioUnit: 0.559 ms
FIRST TIME:
Time for initialization: 0.006 ms

* * PASS
AU VALIDATION FAILED: CORRECT THE ERRORS ABOVE.

validation result: failed validation

Anyone else having this issue, or any ideas how to fix it?

TED209 wrote: Anyone else having this issue, or any ideas how to fix it?

Not sure, but there are a bunch of other versions you can try here: http://www.geocities.jp/daichi1969/softsynth/#down

Thanks bjporter, reading the error message, it doesn't look serious. I'll try a different build first, if that doesn't help, I'll ignore the error, I think that can be done. I've been using logic 9 for 2 years and still don't have a clue about most of it! :roll:

:tu:
Time to rename the OSC to SOC (Synth One Challenge).
:D

Chris-S wrote::tu:
Yeah, seems they are running out of synths or ideas :)

fluffy_little_something wrote:
Perhaps there have been improvements in synths & DAWs that warrant another round of use for particularly good free VSTs. And, the same people who joined the first and prior contests aren't necessarily the same as those who are around today, also warranting reuse of popular cross-platform synths. It seems as though you are unable to comprehend other possible reasons for synth reuse than assuming people are 'running out of ideas'...

z.prime wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:
Perhaps there have been improvements in synths & DAWs that warrant another round of use for particularly good free VSTs. And, the same people who joined the first and prior contests aren't necessarily the same as those who are around today, also warranting reuse of popular cross-platform synths. It seems as though you are unable to comprehend other possible reasons for synth reuse than assuming people are 'running out of ideas'...
So? There have been many synths that have not been chosen even twice so far.

I do think they are running out of ideas and options (which I am not really blaming them for), maybe because they don't want to lock out all those that no longer use 32-bit synths like SE stuff (they occasionally do like with Swierk). Commercial software can usually not be used in OSC, so there is not that much left...

fluffy_little_something wrote:... There have been many synths that have not been chosen even twice so far...
Have you submitted a Synth1 entry?

Return to “Instruments”