New 80's-90's soundtrack-ish tune

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

Here's a remake of my old song made back in 2002. It never really got finished then, and it still feels unfinished even today after the rework..well, here goes nothing.. :) Here are the links to

soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/thedeadsoul/pieces

and soundclick:

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12939658

Hope you can enjoy..! :) Comments and critics are always welcome.

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

Really enjoying it Adi! Flows beautifully. You have some lovely chord changes! Strings at 2:00 add nicely...
Bits of it sound like something Metalica would do on their slow tracks and then it turns cabaret. I like the lyrical lead guitar too.
Well done. :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Nice I have been born into 1983 and I love 80's music.

@Allomerus: Many thanks, mate, glad you liked it.. And appreciate the kind comments! :)
@pensaku: Haha, same here, seems like I'm stuck in that period, music wise :D

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

It sounds complete to me. I like the melody. It's quite dark and has a mysterious feel, and by the end of the piece it sounds a little like these is some unfinished business. The mystery hasn't really been explained, but the best TV and movie mysteries never give away all of their secrets by the end. They keep you wanting more.

Good work :)

this had christopher cross - aurther's theme all over it for me. very enjoyable.
mixwise, this is one time when i think the track could benefit from more compression
to bring the soft parts up. because by the time i reached the end i found myself
reaching for the volume control!
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

@seismic1: many thanks, Tim, always appreciate your comments..! It's good to hear how you relate the song with a movie, because I envision this song as a soundtrack of a scene...more or less like something that you described :)
@layzer: cheers, many thanks! And yes, you're right, that's something that I need to learn. Indeed I have the problem of balancing the volume at the beginning of the song with the end of it: the volume is much louder at the guitar solo part due to all of the sounds coming together..! This should be my homework.. :)

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

Return to “Music Cafe”