Tone2: Nemesis or Electra 2 (Which one do you recommend) ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Which one of these Tone2 Synths do you recommend, or like better : Nemesis or Electra 2

Thanks,
Muziksculp

I've worked with both and my personal fave is Electra 2.
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

twolegstoneworks wrote:I've worked with both and my personal fave is Electra 2.
Thanks for the feedback.
Muziksculp

Depends what you want. They are very different. I like Nemesis more.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:Depends what you want. They are very different. I like Nemesis more.
Hi,

I am leaning more towards Nemesis. FM Synthesis (Primarily), but it offers much more !

Q. What makes you like Nemesis more than Electra 2 ? Flexibility, Sonic Quality, Sound Design Potential, Programming/GUI, ...etc ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Bit hard to choose, I gave both 9/10 http://rekkerd.org/tag/reviews+tone2/
If you're looking for FM type sounds, Nemesis would be the right choice I reckon.
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

If you want FM then Nemesis is the clear choice. But you can still get some conventional sounds out of it. It's not subtractive per se, so you'll get that digital tone (in a good way for once).

ElectraX can pretty much cover most syntheses. Can do FM, but no where near what Nemesis can do. Ex is a very good mid range synth with lots of different tones.

Nemeses has bass to boot. It has a much rounder low end.

But they are both very good! :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

core wrote:Bit hard to choose, I gave both 9/10 http://rekkerd.org/tag/reviews+tone2/
If you're looking for FM type sounds, Nemesis would be the right choice I reckon.
Hi,

Yes, they both sound great, making a bit hard to choose one.

The unique FM synthesis in Nemesis is what I was initially attracted to, but coming across Electra 2, and listening to some of the demos, I like it as well. So, I guess they complement each other, but for FM type sounds, I can't go wrong with getting Nemesis first.

Oh, I do visit rekkerd.org to see what's new, and read reviews, etc. great site. I will check out your reviews on both these synths.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Robmobius wrote:If you want FM then Nemesis is the clear choice. But you can still get some conventional sounds out of it. It's not subtractive per se, so you'll get that digital tone (in a good way for once).

ElectraX can pretty much cover most syntheses. Can do FM, but no where near what Nemesis can do. Ex is a very good mid range synth with lots of different tones.

Hi,

That's exactly how I perceive them without owning or demoing either one.

I will most likely go for Nemesis, and consider Electra 2 in the future.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Oh.. on a side note, I wanted to mention that I'm also impressed with Tone2's Website.

Very nicely designed, easy to navigate, and find info. on any of their Synths, plus great video demos, that are entertaining, professionally produced, and get to the point. Plus, ample demo music for each of their synths that provide a good idea of what each synth is able to produce in a wide spectrum of genres, and styles.

I wish more Synth/Sample developers can learn from Tone2's Website. I also like their Synths GUI designs.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Muziksculp wrote:
Robmobius wrote:If you want FM then Nemesis is the clear choice. But you can still get some conventional sounds out of it. It's not subtractive per se, so you'll get that digital tone (in a good way for once).

Hi,

Thanks,
Muziksculp
I have both, and they really complement each other. That said I love Gladiator as well. :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Muziksculp wrote:
Aiynzahev wrote:Depends what you want. They are very different. I like Nemesis more.
Hi,

I am leaning more towards Nemesis. FM Synthesis (Primarily), but it offers much more !

Q. What makes you like Nemesis more than Electra 2 ? Flexibility, Sonic Quality, Sound Design Potential, Programming/GUI, ...etc ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp
Mainly it's a UI workflow thing. But I also like the concept of Nemesis. It's very complex sounds with a simplified approach.

As for Electrax it's very powerful but in actual use the layout and UI design puts me off. I have other synths to go for of that stuff but nothing else I have is like Nemesis. It's amazing for wild sounds.

That said, I really need to spend more time with both.

Right at the top of the review I did I included an audio demo of what I was doing with Nemesis. I was fairly impressed :)

http://www.aiynzahev-sounds.com/reviews ... e2-nemesis
Last edited by Aiynzahev on Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Robmobius wrote:
Muziksculp wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,
Muziksculp
I have both, and they really complement each other. That said I love Gladiator as well. :)
What type of sounds does Gladiator shine at producing ?

Have to say that while I own none of the Tone2 synths, I heavily demo'd Nemesis and Electra2 recently. I was surprised how great they both sounded. Not sure why I'd never done it before.

Nemesis certainly doesn't sound like a typical FM synth, really has a unique warm hybrid FM tone. Electra 2 can create some lovely rich layered tones and I could easy use in place of Dune 2.

If I had the funds I'd certainly consider purchasing them both.

Muziksculp wrote:..................

What type of sounds does Gladiator shine at producing ?

ironically they released a new bank for gladiator 2 today called futureworld bank, and I was immediately reminded that even though I have all their current synths ( I don't have installed, the now free, firebird), that gladiator is still my favourite sounding of them.

rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”