Sudden "Cannot Allocate More Memory" out of the blue

Official support for: photosounder.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I've been working with Photosounder yesterday, very smoothly. Today it suddenly starts prompting "Cannot allocate more memory" and force closes! I neither installed nor modified settings in my computer so I don't know what to do.

Please help!

I tried changing the virtual memory under System > advanced > performance >advanced > virtual memory, I set higher numbers: nothing, I switched it off: nothing...

Any idea what might be happenning or what to do?

By the way Photosounder is installed outside the Programs folder since inside it doesn't work at all.

Thank you!
It's all about what, why and how

Yeah the problem has to do with Photosounder being 32-bit and also needing lots of memory depending on what you're trying to do. By the way, what were you trying to do? Depending on what it was it might have required more than a gigabyte of RAM, which can make it give you the problem you had, regardless of how much memory you actually have.

As for the Programs folder thing, yeah that's a problem with permissions. Back when I created it 6 years ago people were using Windows XP and a program didn't need to be run as administrator to write whatever it wanted to inside the Program Files folder, so it seemed like a good idea to have the program write stuff in its own folder. Now with Windows 7 and above you can't do a damn thing in the Program Files folder without giving administrator rights. I guess I should move all that stuff to %appdata% or something like that, but it kinda sucks...
Developer of Photosounder (a spectral editor/synth), SplineEQ and Spiral

Return to “Photosounder”