Blue Cat's PatchWork 1.6 Available as a StandAlone Host Application

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We are very excited to announce that Blue Cat's PatchWork 1.6 is now available as a standalone application, in addition to all existing plug-in formats! This new application is the fastest and lightest host that can quickly load your favorite effect plug-ins and virtual instruments.

This new version also bring several improvements for the plug-in (read more on the PatchWork page. More information about the application is also available on our blog.

This update is of course free for existing customers and can be downloaded from the same page as the original full version.

Enjoy!

Yay! :hyper: :wheee: :hyper: :wheee: :hyper: :tu:

Output from the standalone app is in my left speaker only. Anyone else getting this?

To follow up: Looks like it's something weird about my setup that it doesn't like. I have audio sent to both my USB audio device and the speakers on my headphone jack by default which seems to confuse the standalone app. Setting it to just my USB device works in stereo as it should. Will troubleshoot... this setup works fine using Patchwork in Logic.

Also, the standalone app works with Korg's Legacy plugins, which is pretty damn surprising as last time I tried to use them in something other than Logic they wanted to reauthenticate. Sweet.

What is your system? Mac or Windows? Can you maybe post a screenshot of your audio preferences?

Mavericks, but I figured it out. Had to set it to "2 ins/2 outs." Weird as I thought I'd done that earlier but it's working now. Thanks for the update! Great being able to pull up a quick wrapper with a compressor pre-installed for some quick noodling without lugging out the DAW.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

:tu:

How do I set the VST search path for the standalone app? I can't use any of the presets I created with the VST version, because in the standalone app they all have 'plugin missing' for every plugin in the preset.

It works the same way as for the plug-in version: just click on the spanner icon in the toolbar (top center of the interface), and select your path here:

Got it. Thanks.

App crashes on me as soon as I want to use it with a USB Audio Interface on my laptop. ASIO, WDM, MME makes no difference. As soon as USB Interface is involved, App goes down. Tested with: Steinberg UR44 & M-Audio FasttrackPro on Win8.1 64.
Only me?
kind regards

Thanks for the heads up. It seems that some drivers are indeed causing issues on Windows 8. Do you mind checking if it happens with both the 32 and 64-bit versions of the application?

We have had confirmation that this only affects the 64-bit version on Windows 8, and we have a fix for that. A new version has been uploaded as a preview on our website. To get it (registered customers only right now), check the full version download page you received by email, refresh it in the web browser, and lick on the next version preview link.

BTW, you might be interested in checking out Blue Cat's PatchWork Standalone overview video, by Pro Tools Expert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCmHGm7DhA4

Version 1.61 has just been uploaded (standalone application only - plug-ins remain unchanged). It fixes the following issues:
- Mac: fixed a crash when hitting the return key while changing the buffer, tempo r time signature.
- Windows: improved audio drivers compatibility.
- Windows: fixed a crash with some audio drivers on Windows 8, for the 64-bit application.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”