Hive preview (April 1 update)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote:Btw, how long will the coupon code be valid then? I need some time to test Hive.
Most coupons expire in 12 days. Some coupons that were sent out in December will expire one month after they were sent out.

daed wrote:Is a Linux build going to be up soonish (I know that's a lot to ask since this is a new synth)?

I'd very much like to work on some presets.

:ud:
Linux version should be up in the Linux thread shortly!

Urs wrote:contact support@u-he.com - the very first ones need to be renewed...
Wow, mine was one of the early ones and I just assumed I was out of luck. :love:

Aside from the great plugins, u-he's transparency, community involvement, and customer focus have made me a fan for life.

Stoked about Hive.

Hi Urs.

Thanks for this synth. I am definitely going to buy this.

I have a question though. Is it me who has overseen something, or is it really not possible to play arps/sequencers in chords mode, like in Sylenth? It's really the only thing I miss! (That I can think of! :) )
Last edited by BBFTF on Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Urs wrote:
DonHepe wrote::? it's tuned sharp, A4 is 442Hz, ok for classical music... :ud:
Not according to my tuner... but we'll keep an eye on it!
Hive is 440 here in Jamaica too :-)

rsp
sound sculptist

Hive is, however simple and easy, great stuff! In particular the FX section is amazing and the (semi-)modular processing it uses. It is quite easy to get nice sounds out of the device. So the advertisement is spot on! Great design as well.

Great job for a W.I.P. synth!

BBFTF wrote:Hi Urs.

I have a question though. Is it me who has overseen something, or is it really not possible to play arps/sequencers in chords mode, like in Sylenth? It's really the only thing I miss! (That I can think of! :) )
That'll happen. One thing we haven't talked about yet and which isn't ready is a form of chord hold/memory/play and polyphonic sequencing.

a small fuckaround, i have some idea too ;).

https://copy.com/7FFBG2X9jmLjKert

and my preset if someone likes it hahaha!

https://copy.com/ozVAJWeCXIFxzl43

FEATUREs:
1. maybe an on off button, led to switch the modulations seperately on off without having to delete the setting!

2. i really dont like that you have to set the unison, voices etc. numbers in an extra window... sylenth1 made it futurewise, holding the mousebutton and ramping up or down ;D this feels clunky since i own sylenth1 and i think it is now :P also for the waveformsselector, maybe give the user an option to set which method he/she likes more?

3. Step 1-8 and step 9-16 copy and pastable! small c and p buttons or something so you can copy and paste them each other?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Urs wrote:
BBFTF wrote:Hi Urs.

That'll happen. One thing we haven't talked about yet and which isn't ready is a form of chord hold/memory/play and polyphonic sequencing.
Great! No doubt this is going to replace certain other synths :)

Caine123 wrote:a small fuckaround, i have some idea too ;).

Keep 'em coming :)
FEATUREs:
1. maybe an on off button, led to switch the modulations seperately on off without having to delete the setting!
coming!
2. i really dont like that you have to set the unison, voices etc. numbers in an extra window... sylenth1 made it futurewise, holding the mousebutton and ramping up or down ;D this feels clunky since i own sylenth1 and i think it is now :P also for the waveformsselector, maybe give the user an option to set which method he/she likes more?
Hehehe, we've discussed this controversially. We might end up with a switch to do however you like.
3. Step 1-8 and step 9-16 copy and pastable! small c and p buttons or something so you can copy and paste them each other?
There'll certainly be more editing tools. This one sounds like a good idea :)

Caine123 wrote:2. i really dont like that you have to set the unison, voices etc. numbers in an extra window... sylenth1 made it futurewise, holding the mousebutton and ramping up or down ;D this feels clunky since i own sylenth1 and i think it is now :P also for the waveformsselector, maybe give the user an option to set which method he/she likes more?
Tried mousewheel? All dropdown menus in u-he products respond to it. It's even faster than click-drag since you don't even need to use force to press the mouse button down, works on hovering above the control.
Last edited by EvilDragon on Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Urs wrote:
Caine123 wrote:a small fuckaround, i have some idea too ;).

Keep 'em coming :)
FEATUREs:
coming!
Hehehe, we've discussed this controversially. We might end up with a switch to do however you like.
There'll certainly be more editing tools. This one sounds like a good idea :)
GREAT :D! this shows why i prefer your plugins and love you, have to go to a Weihnachtsmarkt hahaha , this is so mean now but when im drunk back i can play more with Hive or maybe a girl ;D.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

An output gain knob for the effects - especially the distortion unit - would be great. It's tricky to modulate the distortion amount with the modwheel if the level changes so much. Maybe such a control could be added to the "cells" with the FX name (that are used to rearrange the effects) or so.

There, I said it. I asked for more knobs :D

Urs wrote:
daed wrote:Is a Linux build going to be up soonish (I know that's a lot to ask since this is a new synth)?

I'd very much like to work on some presets.

:ud:
Linux version should be up in the Linux thread shortly!
Cheers, thanks!

--Ian

Wonderful stuff! Downloaded and installed, entered beta S/N, played a few notes, tweaked a few knobs, went to u-he store and made purchase, coupon code all good. :tu:

Return to “u-he”