Vacant Lot - new short instrumental track by dysamoria

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey, an actual new piece of music from me before 2014 ends...

This was made with, of all things, a Roland MT-32 (disguised by VoiceWorks Plus and my newly repaired FireworX). There's also a little Fusion 8HD, and some Logic sounds. The Korg M3m assisted.
https://soundcloud.com/dysamoria/vacant ... ec-20-2014
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I liked this a lot. a nice chord Progression. and that interesting chord Change surprise @ 0:52. the tune has something fragile and meditative at once. nice pic also btw...

Thank you, TrekStar :-)

I must admit: The chords are really down to the assistance of a Korg M3m. I'm certainly the one that crafted the sounds, chose their order, formed the lead against the chords, and put the whole thing together, but I don't have music theory training, so I am using the Korg M3m's chord pads and its associated library of presets like guitar players might use a chord book to inspire a song. I recognize what I like, and i have a feel for music (and lots of influence from Trent Reznor's appreciation of dissonance and suspended resolution), but i don't know real theory on chord progressions, their shapes, or even names of "official" chords. I couldn't learn notation so the rest never happened.

I'm probably over explaining. :oops:

The photo was taken by me in the ruins of Coplay's former industry of the late 1890s and early 1900s. This town doesn't offer much, but there are a few curious bits of legacy rotting away in the woods between the town and river. If my CRT hasn't died and left me with no photographic editing display, I'd have a few more photos of that stuff soon...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote:Thank you, TrekStar :-)

I must admit: The chords are really down to the assistance of a Korg M3m. I'm certainly the one that crafted the sounds, chose their order, formed the lead against the chords, and put the whole thing together, but I don't have music theory training, so I am using the Korg M3m's chord pads and its associated library of presets like guitar players might use a chord book to inspire a song. I recognize what I like, and i have a feel for music (and lots of influence from Trent Reznor's appreciation of dissonance and suspended resolution), but i don't know real theory on chord progressions, their shapes, or even names of "official" chords. I couldn't learn notation so the rest never happened.

I'm probably over explaining. :oops:

The photo was taken by me in the ruins of Coplay's former industry of the late 1890s and early 1900s. This town doesn't offer much, but there are a few curious bits of legacy rotting away in the woods between the town and river. If my CRT hasn't died and left me with no photographic editing display, I'd have a few more photos of that stuff soon...
....oh yes please, I love photos from abandoned places....
thanks for the Background Infos btw!

I think it's got a very "sad" feel, almost a lament, as if something has departed, and it won't be coming back. Some interesting sounds on here.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:I think it's got a very "sad" feel, almost a lament, as if something has departed, and it won't be coming back. Some interesting sounds on here.

Good work :)
Thanks, seismic1 :-) It's interesting that you take it as being that sad. That feeling is certainly in my current life.

I love different interpretations of songs. :-)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

TrekStar wrote:....oh yes please, I love photos from abandoned places....
thanks for the Background Infos btw!
Me too :-)

Here are a few others, from a different spot in the same town, done with a better camera:

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/40413287@ ... 585168978/

(I hope that link works)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Music Cafe”