Apple Acquires Camel Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alchemy Alchemy Mobile Alchemy Player CamelCrusher Cameleon 5000 CamelPhat CamelPhatFree CamelSpace

iAlchemy doesn't have a very pretty ring to it. Garage Band and Basement Alchemy. Hmm. Alchemy X. Inspiring Sound Cranked up to X.

Yup, very unfortunate for us PC users, and there is still no telling what they will do with it. It still might not ever see the light of day again.

Apple- The Great Satan!!!! :-x :shock: :tantrum: :lol:
Ed A. wrote:
quantum7 wrote:If this is indeed true, and the Camel guys purposefully sold out to a company that would screw all PC users out of an Alchemy 2, all PC users that love Alchemy should NEVER forgive them. :(
If Apple offered the Camel guys enough to retire very early, I can understand that. I'd have sold too if I had that opportunity.
Of course, untold fortunes would temp most anyone. PC users have every right though, to be angry at Ben and his gang. We'll get over it, of course. We just need to vent. :x :lol:
Last edited by quantum7 on Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Apple is EVIL. :evil:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

I am not angry at Camel. I understand the pressure exerted by an enormous pile of cash. I am angry about the situation. Apple is notorious for applying tunnel-vision to its products. Camel products will function through Apple's platform exactly as Apple pleases, they will require that it is tied intimately to Apple products only, and probably require updates without which they will not support it. And forget about PC compatibility. All this from a company that builds its brand on how creative and forward-thinking and hip it is.

On one hand, I'm glad I own a Mac. :)

OTOH, my main computer is a PC. :(
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Any less boring news?

Screw Camel and Alchemy, as good as they might have been (never tried) there is always better.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

Sampleconstruct wrote:Any less boring news?
How about Homeland Security Shutdown Within Days?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/2 ... 38120.html

Oh wait, this is a site about audio plugins. Nevermind. :roll:

Good grief.

You still own the product that you paid for. You still don't own the product that you didn't pay for and which doesn't exist. You weren't screwed out of that, because it wasn't yours.

And turning this into a PC/Mac thing is so pointless. Being bought out by any DAW maker was inevitably going to exclude users of other software from using future Camel products. Would you rather they'd been bought out by Cakewalk so you couldn't use Alchemy 2 without Sonar? Or if you already use Sonar, just consider Image-Line, or Ableton, or whoever. Did you just think that if they had been bought out, it would just happen to be by the developers of your favourite DAW?

Who cares about Homeland Security either, there are better options.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

Don't worry about him. He is just curmudgeonly right now.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Sampleconstruct wrote:Any less boring news?

There is a LOT of much more interesting news readily available on any of the standard world news outlets, but frankly, most of it scares the living sh&^t out of me so I personally willfully narrow my field of vision to the point where I can become genuinely upset that one of my coolest plug-ins is a now reduced to an unsupported sitting duck thanks to one of the world's douchiest companies.

Ouch, that green...instant eye cancer.

Return to “Instruments”